• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation of Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Alternating trainers and different weather conditions depending on the season would be amazing. It would certainly add a touch of realism. Seriously, how some people can just stand there 24/7 without ever going inside is simply dumb. Even a small overly curious child would be all like 'mommy, why doesn't Dawn ever go inside her house when it's so close by?'. I'd like it if you could occasionally bump into gym leaders and trainers you've battled at random (with optional battles). I highly doubt trainers would really just stay put in one place until you decide that you want MOAR ASPERIENCE, fly/walk/cycle to where they are, and VS them. That's really not logical, even for a children's game where you pit cute little monsters to kill each other in battle.

Also, I demand goth/emo trainers. Honestly, I'd love to play as a trainer who wears fishnets and chains and still acts OH SO HAPPY xDD It'll probably never happen unless they finally decide to add customizable trainers to the main games, which would be awesome.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The title kindof explains itself really, I'd like to hear what people think will be new in the next generation.

I'd like to see the time of year come into play, for example, there is a high chance of snow and hailstorms during winter, and strong sunlight in summer. This could also cause certain Pokemon to go into hibernation in winter and some that can only be seen during spring, this will help increase the number of cacthable Pokemon in the game without the routes being too overcrowded with Pokemon.

Another thing, different people appear at different times of the day, nobody stands in the same spot 24/7.

It would be nice to hear other peoples ideas so feel free to add yours =]
    Just a note: I merged your thread with a previous 5th gen discussion that was already going. Use the search function in the future to make sure you aren't posting a duplicate thread. :D

Tobi-kun

All hail Tobi, Our master
    Years
  • it would be kind of weird looking at different pokemon. what if they can make new pokemon up

eevee00

Prof Oak's Aide
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Just a note: I merged your thread with a previous 5th gen discussion that was already going. Use the search function in the future to make sure you aren't posting a duplicate thread. :D

Thankyou, and I apologize for my mistake.

I'd like it if you could occasionally bump into gym leaders and trainers you've battled at random (with optional battles).

This would make the game quite realistic, like if you beat a gym leader there could be a chance of seeing them on nearby routes, giving you the opportunity to engage in a friendly battle, where they could have new/evolved Pokemon at a slightly higher level that when you first faced them, depending on how much time has passed.

Also, I demand goth/emo trainers. Honestly, I'd love to play as a trainer who wears fishnets and chains and still acts OH SO HAPPY xDD It'll probably never happen unless they finally decide to add customizable trainers to the main games, which would be awesome.

That would be brilliant, I'd love to see a clothes shop in every city where you can buy new clothes and have them sent to your wardrobe at home.

Years
  • Obviously, Nintendo isn't gonna stop making Pokemon for a long time. Or they will suffer the wrath of the....rabid anime fangirls.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • All generations are EXACTLY the same:
    A ledgendary trio
    Professor (insert tree here)
    Starters that are Grass/Fire/Water
    Team (Insert something dumb and/or obvious to evil plans here)
    Gym leaders
    STUPID ELITE 4
    A Battle Tower
    Aboslutely lame pokemon based on inanimite objects (like a fridge, an apple, a cardboard box, nails)
    a pre-evolution or evolution of an existing pokemon
    a pokemon with multiple forms (spelled formes)
    Pokemon based on already existing Pokemon
    Dual typed Flying Pokemon (when WILL they have a PURE flying type?)
    A Normal/flying typed bird caught early in the game
    An annoying rodent that pops up everywhere (something like THAT ACURSED BIDOOF!!!!!!!!)
    A Pikachu clone (like Pachirisu or Plusle/Minun)
    Ledgendary Pokemon as version mascots (duh!)
    Games called something like Pokemon (insert some dumb mineral or metal that has absolutely nothing to do with the plot here) Version
    ANOTHER FREAKING EEVEELUTION!!!!!!!
    A worthless fish (like Magikrap) that evolves into a powerhouse
    Overused Pokemon (Abra line, Magikrap line, Machop line, Pikachu line (duh), Goldeen line (goldeen sucks, SEAKING PWNS), Clefary or Jigglypuff line)

Wow such good understanding and observation. I totally agree, lmfao.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • All generations are EXACTLY the same:
    A ledgendary trio
    Gym leaders
    STUPID ELITE 4
    A Battle Tower
    Aboslutely lame pokemon based on inanimite objects (like a fridge, an apple, a cardboard box, nails) Did that even happen before this Generation?
    a pokemon with multiple forms (spelled formes) I don't recall them doing that with the Origional 151
    Dual typed Flying Pokemon (when WILL they have a PURE flying type?) Meh.
    An annoying rodent that pops up everywhere (something like THAT ACURSED BIDOOF!!!!!!!!)
    A Pikachu clone (like Pachirisu or Plusle/Minun) Johto was a bit different... PICHU DA BABEH OF PIKACHUU!!! and then there was "Pikabluu"/Marill which was insanely popular as well, despite the fact that it was a water-type.
    Ledgendary Pokemon as version mascots (duh!) Not the case with the original R/B/G/Y, with Charizard, Blastiose, Venusaur and Pikachuu as the mascots.
    Games called something like Pokemon (insert some dumb mineral or metal that has absolutely nothing to do with the plot here) Version "Red", "Blue", "Green", and "Yellow" aren't Minerals or Metals. They're colors. And "FireRed" and "Leafgreen" are wat I call the "Element-Color" Titles.
    ANOTHER FREAKING EEVEELUTION!!!!!!! Not Hoenn
    A worthless fish (like Magikrap) that evolves into a powerhouse I don't recall any new "worthless fish" in this generation.
    Overused Pokemon (Abra line, Magikrap line, Machop line, Pikachu line (duh), Goldeen line (goldeen sucks, SEAKING PWNS), Clefary or Jigglypuff line) Pikachuu is the freaking MASCOT. You can't have a Pokemon game without him. And the others... well I guess just to add a sense of "familiarity" to the games.

My points in bold.

Personally, I don't see the problem. I kinda like a bit of predictability... just as long as there's SOMETHING unpredictable. (I wasn't expecting anything like the Torn World!)

I mean, look at the Sonic games. Most games have a plot among the lines of "Eggman came up with yet another plot to take over the world and Sonic and his friends must collect the 7 Choas Emeralds and stop him!"
    Yet the game sold millions anyway.
    Although, after Sonic Adventure 2, they got slightly less predictable... (What? Eggman didn't send that letter? Who was it then!? *Metal Sonic: *in super form* Mwhahahaha I have haxxed j00 POWArZ! I iz L33T!!!1111!!111!1!!!!!")
    Honestly, I didn't expect them to come out with that Shadow game... and yet they did. o.0
    Nowadays, Sonic is getting sucked into books, stopping inter-dimensional disasters, and getting turned into a werehog o.0
    I guess nowadays the plot is something among the lines of: "Some random baddie wants the Chaos Emeralds to take over earth, so Sonic and (some random new character) team up and destroy them!!!" (I DESPISE the "chosen one"/"sucked into one or another form of media the person is currently watching/playing/reading" plots used in the Storybook sub-plot. SERIOUSLY.)
    Predictable, yet not at the same time.

Zelda games, as far as I know however, haven't changed abit. Yet, they never cease to sell millions. =p

Whatever. Point is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    All generations are EXACTLY the same:
    A ledgendary trio
    Gym leaders
    STUPID ELITE 4
    A Battle Tower
    Aboslutely lame pokemon based on inanimite objects (like a fridge, an apple, a cardboard box, nails)
    a pokemon with multiple forms (spelled formes)
    Dual typed Flying Pokemon (when WILL they have a PURE flying type?)
    A Pikachu clone (like Pachirisu or Plusle/Minun)
    Ledgendary Pokemon as version mascots (duh!)
    Games called something like Pokemon (insert some dumb mineral or metal that has absolutely nothing to do with the plot here) Version
    ANOTHER FREAKING EEVEELUTION!!!!!!!
    A worthless fish (like Magikrap) that evolves into a powerhouse
    Overused Pokemon (Abra line, Magikrap line, Machop line, Pikachu line (duh), Goldeen line (goldeen sucks, SEAKING PWNS), Clefary or Jigglypuff line)

I think your being to mean about those pokemon...they are special in a way YOU don't know!

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • This may work better as a hack but the one day me and my friend came up with
    Pokemon Jovian Journey's for 5th gen-
    The different versions would be named after different moons of jupiter and some (not all by a long shot) would be based off of space stuff...
    like...
    Maar (small martian based pokemon) Maarty (medium martian pokemon) Maartienne (final evolution) and then maybe have like Hitmon buzz (named after the astronaunt)
    then like... a pokemon whose name is based around our moons name, Luna.
    And maybe have Team Galactic return...
    Kinda cheesy, but we've used the best precious metals and going back to colours would seem anti-productive.
    Another cool name would be to be based off of abstract elements of the periodical table of elements

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back