• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Poll

Do you think they should make a 5th generation?

• Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Title says it all. Do you think they should make a 5th generation of pokemon? Or maybe just remakes of the old games? Or new games, with no new pokemon, just the ability to go to all the regions? Tell us!

As for myself, I dont think that they should. The pokemon details were bad in Pearl and Diamond, although those games were A HUGE step. Just start making remakes gamefreak please lol.

Last edited:

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    i think they should make a 5th generation after seeing the new pokes from pearl i really want to see where nintendo and gamfreak go from d/p

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I would say they have to make a fifth generation.
    Some of the 4th generation poke'mon I wasn't impressed by, And some I thought were disturbing *Shivers*

But, I know Nintendo can do better, So I support a 5th generation.

I would say no. Oh yeah, and if your just going to flame, then leave please.

I don't see how his post would start a flame war...

m

Years
    I would say they have to make a fifth generation.
    Some of the 4th generation poke'mon I wasn't impressed by, And some I thought were disturbing *Shivers*

But, I know Nintendo can do better, So I support a 5th generation.

I don't see how his post would start a flame war...

Sorry I didnt explain myself. It wasnt his post, I was just saying. I should have clarified myself...I only quoted him, because I commented that I would say no to the next generation.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dragon Commando

I SUPPORT TEAM KABUTO!
    Years
    I think there should be a 5th Generation, because they can probably go really far after Diamond and Pearl, making pre-evolved and evolved forms of Fourth Generation Pokemon.

m

Years
    Well

Well what if you beat your Diamond/Pearl and you still love playing it. You get really into it, then all of the sudden..BAM! A new pokemon game comes out and you NEED it. Then you just have to drop you game, and get that new one.

Also, I feel sorry for those out there who dont have a DS for the new games. I also think its very stupid if they come out with the next RPG for the Wii. What about those who cant afford a Wii? These are just my opinions, but whatever. Im a pokemon perfectionist, and it sucks.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    Well to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with this generation. Most of the poke's I really disliked or payed no attention to really. There were a few diamonds in the rough though. Still, I'd rather see a GSC remake rather than a new generation.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Just as much as it's the question 'Do we want a 5th generation?' it's also 'Will they make a 5th generation.' I mean, they made Arceus; The Creator of all Pokemon, and you know how all those legendary Pokemon go at the End of the dex, basically by how rare they are, well Arceus is the first Pokemon created, which has got to be incredibly rare, it just makes me think "that's the final Pokemon."

There are three main goals in Pokemon games:
    -Beat the Elite Four [get all 8 badges]
    -Train Pokemon
    -Complete the Pokedex.

Ever generation is making the completion of the Pokdex so much harder, image if Wifi hadn't been perfected. It would have been impossible to complete the Pokedex assuming one weren't to use any cheating devices. Sure, you can get most Kanto Pokemon, and a few Johto Pokemon thanks to FRLG, and most Hoenn Pokemon, and thanks to Emerald, some Johto Pokemon to transfer to DP through Pal Park, but there would be a gaping hole in the player's Pokedex, which misses roughly 120-130 Johto Pokemon.
    The point is, every generation it also gets harder for the game makers to allow the player to complete their Pokedex; these programmers have to consider every possibility, which means Pokedex completion by any means. Another note on the Pokedex for them, am I the only one who's noticed that 27% (yes, I calculated) of the 4th gen Dex adds on to previous generation's Pokemon's evolution chain, seems to me like the Poke People are running out of ideas.

Also, there have been a few hints I found in Diamond version (the game I own) that gives away that this may be the final generation of games.
    -As I said before, Arceus, being the God of Pokemon, the Creator of Pokemon, makes me think that he's the final Pokemon. Also, you've got Dialga and Palkia, creators of Space and Time, which not only leads to the creation of Pokemon (or helping Arceus, for that matter), but the creation of our IRL Universe Those Poke People went a little far with the whole 'Space and Time' creation, in my opinion
    -You know how we all call it 'The Pokemon League?' Well, in Kanto it was actually Indigo Plateau, same for Johto, for Hoenn it was basically Ever Grande City (with VR stuck right in the middle of it), but for DP it was actually called Pokemon League. They're, again, running out of ideas. xD

Just 2 things I noticed, that I actually strongly believe in, but yeah.

So, I wouldn't mind a 5th generation (although there are getting a lot of names to remember), but remakes *cough*GSC*cough* would be great too.

m

Years
    Just as much as it's the question 'Do we want a 5th generation?' it's also 'Will they make a 5th generation.' I mean, they made Arceus; The Creator of all Pokemon, and you know how all those legendary Pokemon go at the End of the dex, basically by how rare they are, well Arceus is the first Pokemon created, which has got to be incredibly rare, it just makes me think "that's the final Pokemon."

-Train Pokemon
    -Complete the Pokedex.

Ever generation is making the completion of the Pokdex so much harder, image if Wifi hadn't been perfected. It would have been impossible to complete the Pokedex assuming one weren't to use any cheating devices. Sure, you can get most Kanto Pokemon, and a few Johto Pokemon thanks to FRLG, and most Hoenn Pokemon, and thanks to Emerald, some Johto Pokemon to transfer to DP through Pal Park, but there would be a gaping hole in the player's Pokedex, which misses roughly 120-130 Johto Pokemon.
    The point is, every generation it also gets harder for the game makers to allow the player to complete their Pokedex; these programmers have to consider every possibility, which means Pokedex completion by any means. Another note on the Pokedex for them, am I the only one who's noticed that 27% (yes, I calculated) of the 4th gen Dex adds on to previous generation's Pokemon's evolution chain, seems to me like the Poke People are running out of ideas.

Also, there have been a few hints I found in Diamond version (the game I own) that gives away that this may be the final generation of games.
    -As I said before, Arceus, being the God of Pokemon, the Creator of Pokemon, makes me think that he's the final Pokemon. Also, you've got Dialga and Palkia, creators of Space and Time, which not only leads to the creation of Pokemon (or helping Arceus, for that matter), but the creation of our IRL Universe Those Poke People went a little far with the whole 'Space and Time' creation, in my opinion
    -You know how we all call it 'The Pokemon League?' Well, in Kanto it was actually Indigo Plateau, same for Johto, for Hoenn it was basically Ever Grande City (with VR stuck right in the middle of it), but for DP it was actually called Pokemon League. They're, again, running out of ideas. xD

So, I wouldn't mind a 5th generation (although there are getting a lot of names to remember), but remakes *cough*GSC*cough* would be great too.

Wow, thanks Marz. You may have actually convinced me to play my pokemon diamond again. I hope its the last generation, and I would like to see remakes of the old pokemon games (GSC) and stuff like that. No new pokemon. No new regions. No New Nothing, other than remakes. Because they are seriously running out of ideas, and you had some really good points Marz.

I can still remember what it used to be like, with Ash, Misty and of course, Brock. Brings back so many memories, and it seems sad that I would hope pokemon generations die. But they should. Im tired of waiting to see the new pokemon, and putting down my game to go buy them. No. Just remakes Gamefreak lol. And yes, Arceus being the "Creator" may just be, the last pokemon.

I hate to see it end, yet I would love to see it end. As for other than an opinion on it, does anyone else think that this IS the last generation? Not just hope, but do you think it is?

m

Years
    To the best of my knowledge, D/P might be the last generation there is, like Marz said. It seems Nintendo is quite running out of ideas for any more pokemon, anymore challenges, and thus anymore new features.

If the 5th generation were to be made now, it would take years and years for Nintendo to actually figure out some stuff to put in it. :| Just think about it a bit, once Nintendo is done, they release Pokemon [name here]. And like D/P, there's going to be a lot of pissed off people, and I mean people who are disappointed in the way D/P is.

But I supposed that's the cycle of the critics, I suppose. There's always going to be something who's going to hate your stuff. And if there's no one, well someone will find a stupid excuse to hate what you made, then. :|

I think we should look forward to the third version of D/P. That is, if Nintendo bothers to make such a thing. My guess, is that it would have a lot of new features and stuff and new jigs and whatnot, just like Emerald. The only thing is, the third version is going to be addicting as hell. I have 600 hours on my Diamond. Think how much time I'm going to spend on my whole team in the third version x_x

To me, I highly doubt a fifth generation will be made until D/P is just about as old as R/S/E. Remember, it takes time to make games and Nintendo doesn't make them in a day, I mean c'mon.

If they do make a fifth generation (still hope they dont) then I hope it IS years from now.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    I think there should be a 5th Generation, because they can probably go really far after Diamond and Pearl, making pre-evolved and evolved forms of Fourth Generation Pokemon.

The 4th Gen Pokemon already sucked enough, no reason to give them babies and parents.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    To me, I highly doubt a fifth generation will be made until D/P is just about as old as R/S/E. Remember, it takes time to make games and Nintendo doesn't make them in a day, I mean c'mon.

Exactly. RBY came out in the '90s, don't exactly remember what year, probably late-ish '96-'98, and GSC came out in time for the new millennium, the year 2000. Then it took them four years to make RS, that came out in 2004, and Emerald in 2005. And now in 2007 they come out with DP.

If Gamefreak is actually planning on yet another generation of Pokemon games, it will take them at least 3 years, seriously. DP will be hard to top, and RSE only skyrocketed up to the top because of the fact that it was an AMAZING follow up to GSC in terms of graphics. If you played Ruby, and then immediately switched your cartridge to Gold version, you'd be astonished at how the graphics have improved. Now that DP has top of the line graphics for the console it has (let's face it, Wii, for example, can load much better graphics than what a DS can), so the only way they would be able to top it is by thinking of something that they've never done before, which I really don't see what it could be. Let's have a history lesson;

-GSC came out with the Day/Night system [check]
    -GSC came out with Genders and Breeding [check]
    -Crystal came out with Pokemon animations [check]
    -RSE came out with amazing follow-up graphics (and DP even came out with the 3D-ness) [check]
    -RSE came out with better storylines then "gotta catch 'em all!" [check]
    -DP came out with Internet Trading and Battling, cross-gen trading/cross-console trading (DS-Wii), and has kept the old fashioned link trading/battling.

Seriously, what are they going to follow up with? A Hologram Projection to be able to read Pokedex entries and more right in front of you, through hologram projection? which would cost like thousands of dollars... I really don't think so.

Wow, I'm really convincing myself that there isn't going to be a fifth generation right now.. xD

m

Years
    Exactly. RBY came out in the '90s, don't exactly remember what year, probably late-ish '96-'98, and GSC came out in time for the new millennium, the year 2000. Then it took them four years to make RS, that came out in 2004, and Emerald in 2005. And now in 2007 they come out with DP.

If Gamefreak is actually planning on yet another generation of Pokemon games, it will take them at least 3 years, seriously. DP will be hard to top, and RSE only skyrocketed up to the top because of the fact that it was an AMAZING follow up to GSC in terms of graphics. If you played Ruby, and then immediately switched your cartridge to Gold version, you'd be astonished at how the graphics have improved. Now that DP has top of the line graphics for the console it has (let's face it, Wii, for example, can load much better graphics than what a DS can), so the only way they would be able to top it is by thinking of something that they've never done before, which I really don't see what it could be. Let's have a history lesson;

-GSC came out with the Day/Night system [check]
    -GSC came out with Genders and Breeding [check]
    -Crystal came out with Pokemon animations [check]
    -RSE came out with amazing follow-up graphics (and DP even came out with the 3D-ness) [check]
    -RSE came out with better storylines then "gotta catch 'em all!" [check]
    -DP came out with Internet Trading and Battling, cross-gen trading/cross-console trading (DS-Wii), and has kept the old fashioned link trading/battling.

Seriously, what are they going to follow up with? A Hologram Projection to be able to read Pokedex entries and more right in front of you, through hologram projection? which would cost like thousands of dollars... I really don't think so.

Wow, I'm really convincing myself that there isn't going to be a fifth generation right now.. xD

I just hope that your convincing is true. I want to see the generation of Pokemon games end, but not the spirit of Pokemon itself.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2008
    I would like to see eeveelutions of all the other types other than that, I won't be completely upset if they don't.

Years
    Eeeh...it's all about money now. Following generations were selling better that previous ones, so if Gamefreak wants money, they will make V generation....but not before they make 3rd IV generation game (eventualy remakes of II generation games, which would be really cool) and Nintendo will release another handheld console (which I doubt that will happen before 2009).
    Myself, I am not againist V generation...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I don't think they should. I love pokemon but more and more pokemon is making it get kinda dull. Does anyone ever try to "catch 'm all" anymore? It seems like 4th gen was recycling pokemon by giving them new evolutions and babies. Rhydon, electabuzz, and magmar were fine and now they are mega ugly things that are on steroids or something. It shows they are running dry on ideas (yet they don't yet have a dragon-fire type w/ levitate, hmm). Johto needs to be revamped if you ask me. That's a cool region they should bring back.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years

-Train Pokemon
    -Complete the Pokedex.

Yo Man! XD

I also noticed that, the 4th gen is mostly pre gen evo's. Wow, you actually calculated it! XD awsome lol

But...
    Its not a question of if they should make a 5th generation, but when!?

See, Pokemon has had its strong and weak points, but throughout its life, Pokemon has made millions, if not billions of dollars, and Pokemon is at one of its high-times right now. Just becuase they made Arceus, the god of all pokemon, doesn't mean that its the end of Pokemon as we know it.

Listen, Nintendo is pull'n in so much money from Pokemon its rediculous. So, with all that money com'n in, the'yre not going to come up and say -

"Uh, yeah, no more Pokemon, were done, bye-bye, have a nice day!"

No, no way in hell. If Nintendo did that, that would probably be considered the most stupidest thing they ever done in all of video game history. There is too much money to being made just to stop. Pokemon will go on, I'm betting it will even make it past 1000 pokemon, no joke.

And about the 4th gen being mostly pre gen evo's.

Nobody can actually say that they are running out of ideas, why? Cause we don't really know. Did the president of Pokemon say in a press conference that all there workers have lost their power to imagine? No! Who knows, mabye they have, maybe they have run out of ideas... or mabye the'yre getting ready for one of the biggest Pokemon generations ever to be released!!! Who knows? We will have to wait and see.

And the whole story behind Dailga, Palkia, and Arceus is for the creation of Sinnoh. Those legends don't refer to any other region, except Sinnoh. Yeah space and time and god are what basically make the universe the universe. But just because they decided to make a legend around them, doesn't mean that ends all of Pokemon

XD!
    I also noticed that the Pokemon League in sinnoh was just called the Pokemon League... but I also noticed that thats what the anime refers to every one of them, even Kanto. So, I think that counters that pretty well, and I know that in the anime, Hoenn's Pokemon League was called the Ever Grande Conference, along with Johto's Silver Conference. But every regions league is refered to as a pokemon league or "The Pokemon League". So, as of know, there are 5 leagues, including the Orange Islands. Oh, and if anybody tells me that the anime has nothing to do with the games, go do some research okay. They both revolve around each other.

But still, I do admit that this generation raised a lot of controversy, and questions wether or not this would be the last generation; seeing how that the god of all Pokemon has been revealed. But what if there is a god of that god!?(Highly doubtfull... or is it?) Who knows?

But after you look at all the facts, like Nintendo's income from Pokemon, you can count on not just one more generation, but lots more.

But like I said, Its not a question of "if they should", but when they will.

Last edited:

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Well... If they worked harder on creating the pokemon and didn't make so many legends, and changed some things in d/p, then I'd want a 5th generation.

I'd like all the regions packed into one game even more. ;\ With ALL regions being fun and original, unlike the Kanto in the G/S/C.

Back