• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation

Wormow

Worminister
    Years
    Spoiler:

So there. Read it. :]

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Ew, Jake. What an ugly name. You should've named him Rebecca which is an awesome name.

Well, a 5th Generation was obviously going to be created so that checks off I guess. I'm not going to say that I don't believe your friend but I'm skeptical about it. That does sound how I thought the animé would go though so that's nice for me.

Someone is going to come in and claim you're lying though. I just know it.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    He should have got a photo of himself sitting with the guy. Surely, an arts and animation class must have a camera with them somewhere...

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!!!!!!!
    kidding but there thinkin of the 14th movie already? They havent even finished the Sinnoh saga yet!

Satoshi wastes no time...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, they should have at least shown a sihlouette of a Generation V Pokemon in Corocoro (similar to Munchlax), yet they never showed us anything.

However, even IF there's going to be a Gen V, that doesn't mean the Anime will end up doing it, or that Ash will. To be honest, considering how it's got some bad ratings now, I won't be surprised if they DON'T do a Generation V.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    However, even IF there's going to be a Gen V, that doesn't mean the Anime will end up doing it, or that Ash will. To be honest, considering how it's got some bad ratings now, I won't be surprised if they DON'T do a Generation V.

You're kidding, right? The ratings are really good. I'm fairly certain that it gets more views worldwide than any other anime series at the moment.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!!!!!!!
    kidding but there thinkin of the 14th movie already? They havent even finished the Sinnoh saga yet!

Satoshi wastes no time...

The writers plan the animé well ahead. If I remember correctly, they plan ahead by a year or so.

Weedle McHairybug said:
    His usual ramblings that I agree or disagree with at times.

You know there's going to be a 5th Generation animé series Weed-ley. Everyone who knows that the animé advertises the games, is a Top 10 animé property in America, and does great in Japan's theaters does. There's no need to deny it at this point but you can start on the 6th Generation though.

Last edited:

Wormow

Worminister
    Years
    Ew, Jake. What an ugly name. You should've named him Rebecca which is an awesome name.

Well, a 5th Generation was obviously going to be created so that checks off I guess. I'm not going to say that I don't believe your friend but I'm skeptical about it. That does sound how I thought the animé would go though so that's nice for me.

Someone is going to come in and claim you're lying though. I just know it.

This is what happened last time when Lash posted this. I have the real Japanese recording but his teacher won't allow us to post it due to privacy reasons. And they are currently working on the 13th movie.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    This is what happened last time when Lash posted this. I have the real Japanese recording but his teacher won't allow us to post it due to privacy reasons. And they are currently working on the 13th movie.

A posting of a recording would be good but since you can't do that then another way of showing proof like a video or a picture of the meeting would due. If that can't be supplied then an announcement would have to be released on the Japanese website to confirm it.

You see, since evidence other than your word and Lash's can't be posted then it really can't be taken as fact until evidence is provided.

zuniga325

Beginning Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Actually I think that the next season will be in Johto again. Think about it. The Anime started in Kanto and that was when R/B/G/Y was out. Then GS/C came out and they went to Johto. After that R/S came and Ash went to Hoenn then FR/LG came out and they back to Kanto but with Emerald Battle Frontier scattered thoughout Kanto. Now there in Sinnoh for D/P/Plat and since HG/SS is coming out they might go back to Johto.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The writers plan the animé well ahead. If I remember correctly,they plan ahead by a year or so.

If they truly plan that far ahead, please explain to me why Masamitsu Hidaka did NOT know about Platinum being in development despite it being heavily covered in Corocoro, Pokemon Sunday, and even advertized in Movie 11, which, if I must remind you, was released shortly before the interview between him and WPM happened?

You know there's going to be a 5th Generation animé series Weed-ley. Everyone who knows that the animé advertises the games, is a Top 10 animé property in America, and does great in Japan's theaters does. There's no need to deny it at this point but you can start on the 6th Generation though.

The only thing that it's ranking Top Ten in ANN that I checked last was "Most overrated shows", and it ranked number one, which is a bad thing.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php

Thankfully, Pokemon went down to number two on the Top Ten Most Overrated Animes (was beaten by DBGT), but even still, it's not on the other Top Ten Lists, and heck, it's not even on the Top 50 of the other Lists. In fact, the only time where it would have been great if it wasn't on any Top Ten List is ironically the same list that it's top ten in (which is most overrated.).

I also heard a few weeks ago that Pokemon actually dropped below sixth place.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Now, this is only a hunch - be sure to tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree... Weedle_mchairybug, I'm assuming you don't much like the Pokemon anime?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    If they truly plan that far ahead, please explain to me why Masamitsu Hidaka did NOT know about Platinum being in development despite it being heavily covered in Corocoro, Pokemon Sunday, and even advertized in Movie 11, which, if I must remind you, was released shortly before the interview between him and WPM happened?

Because he didn't know? Why should I know why he didn't know? Anyway, wasn't he removed from Storyboard Director before Diamond and Pearl anyway?

The only thing that it's ranking Top Ten in ANN that I checked last was "Most overrated shows", and it ranked number one, which is a bad thing.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php

Thankfully, Pokemon went down to number two on the Top Ten Most Overrated Animes (was beaten by DBGT), but even still, it's not on the other Top Ten Lists, and heck, it's not even on the Top 50 of the other Lists. In fact, the only time where it would have been great if it wasn't on any Top Ten List is ironically the same list that it's top ten in (which is most overrated.).

I also heard a few weeks ago that Pokemon actually dropped below sixth place.

My, my Weedle. An overrated list? Just because something is overrated doesn't mean it's not selling. The latest Top 10 Animé Properties list was released for Spring 2009 in June. It placed #8 on the list. Not bad for an overrated show right? If they release the Summer 2009 list then I'll post it as well. Outside of Ouran High School Host Club and Code Geass the rest are not a surprise. Okay, maybe Cowboy Bebop too.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Also, back on topic - I guess I believe you, Wormow. It's really cool that your friend got to meet Satoshi Tajiri. You should have maybe asked for some questions from the people on this board, and then told your friend to relay them to him. Obviously, Tajiri wouldn't have been able to answer all of them, but it would have been nice.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    What's so hard to believe? There's going to be a fifth generation and it's going to have a Fire/Water/Grass starter trio? Yeah, that's so unbelievable.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    You're kidding, right? The ratings are really good. I'm fairly certain that it gets more views worldwide than any other anime series at the moment.

Yeah, it's pretty high, but some big anime website also says it's overrated @~@.

I don't doubt you. It's kinda obvious the Japanese always plan very ahead. And logically it's gonna be 4 movies already, like the 3rd generation.

But you should have asked him if they are gonna get rid of Dan or WHERE THE HELL DID THE GS BALL GO?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    lmao. You're so stubborn as to jump to conclusions. Yeah, that's totally logical to do.

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about fifth gen. Someone needs to read posts a lot more carefully, because what I actually meant was the interview itself.

Read before you type. It helps. A lot. :|
    Someone needs to follow their own advice, because I wasn't talking to you.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    What's so hard to believe? There's going to be a fifth generation and it's going to have a Fire/Water/Grass starter trio? Yeah, that's so unbelievable.

It's not confirmed whether Movie 13 will be the last of the series, where the Battle Frontier will take place or even if there will be a Battle Frontier included.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    The quote button is useful for this exact reason: To prevent misunderstanding. Now that this has happened, please take the quote button into mind next time. :D
    I use the quote button when I'm quoting someone specific. I wasn't talking to anyone in specific. I was speaking in generalities, which is what not using the quote button means.

It's not confirmed whether Movie 13 will be the last of the series, where the Battle Frontier will take place or even if there will be a Battle Frontier included.
    I seriously doubt Movie 13 will be the last. I don't think "confirmation' is really needed to assume there's going to be more movies, especially since two new games are coming out with ripe potential for movie-plots. And no idea what a "Battle Frontier" is.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I seriously doubt Movie 13 will be the last. I don't think "confirmation' is really needed to assume there's going to be more movies, especially since two new games are coming out with ripe potential for movie-plots.

Movie 13 will certainly focus on the Heart Gold and Soul Silver releases. The thing that needs conformation is whether or not Movie 13 will be the last of the Diamond and Pearl series that the alleged information states.

Opening post spoiler said:
    They are currently slating for the 14th movie to be the first 5th Generation based movies.

And no idea what a "Battle Frontier" is.

When the show went back to Kanto, Ash participated in a Battle Frontier. It's in Emerald and Platinum after you defeat the Pokémon League.

Back