• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6 questions related to Pokemon--

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
    As a former Digimon fan, I think I should just up and say if you know anything about it - It's not a bad copy.
    The original Digimon Tamagotchi's were created in 1997. Just one year after Pokemon.
    The term "Pokemon" was only used because it was compared to Digimon in America, as an Abbreviated term for Pocket Monsters.
    I'm really not approving of any of this Digimon bashing, People bash Pokemon and you get offended, so I find that hypocritical.
    The only time Digimon ever copied Pokemon is when it went even further downhill.
    Similar-
    They involve Monsters = So I assume Yu-Gi-Oh! and every other childrens TV show copied Pokemon as well?
    They involve People and Monsters = Well now, same can be said about Metabots in the same fashion as Pokemon. Metabee(Sp? Haven't seen this in forever) has a greatly similiar relationship as both Pikachu and Charmeleon/Charizard do with Ash with Ikki. I assume they copied it to?
    Both Attack- Really? Monsters that can attack? Blasphemy.
    Both involve Player vs Player battling- AGAIN, It's a Tamagotchi. And in the series, there were rarely ever two humans fighting with Digimon. In the V-Tamer Manga, I know it's different.
    Both Come from Eggs- Digimon came from Eggs before Pokemon. In 1997 Digimon could be born from Eggs, only since 1999 could Pokemon be born from Eggs.
    Have any of you ever played a Digimon game?
    Here's a run through of the ones I have been lucky to say I've played-
    Digimon World 1 - A souped up Tamagotchi with a small storyline. Bringing Monsters back to the City. Defeated The Bad Guy. No Gyms, nothing like Pokemon. Came out in 2000.
    Digimon World 2 - An RPG with Monster collecting and raising, you join a team and fight the evil jerk who is trying to do evil stuff. Released in 2001. Only minor similiarites, but seriously, it's only coincidance. Maybe The Server of Digimon And The way you get them to join you is similair, but you can say that about a lot of RPG's.
    Digimon World 3- This is where Digimon started going downhill. It's got a few similiarities. You have to beat the 8 City Leaders or something thereof, Haven't played the game in a long time. You have to Stop the Evil Network Agents from trying to take over the world. In Comic Books and Kids show, they're ALWAYS trying to take over the World. Came out in 2003.
    Digimon World 4- This game blew, we're not talking about this.
    Digimon Digital Card Battle - Again, just a stupid Card battling came. I can see some similarities with Pokemon, as you have to challenge people in every city and such. But I don't play the Pokemon TCG so I can't tell you how those two are like. 2001
    The Rumble Arena Series - A Smash Brothers with Digimon. Nothing to see here, move a long.
    Didn't play Digimon World Data Squad.
    Didn't play any Wonderswan games. =/
    The Battle Spirit Games - Just a little rumble arena for Gameboy. =/
    Let's please not talk about Digimon Racing.
    Digimon World DS - I know a little bit about this, seeing as my brother has it. It's just a simple thing. You belong to an organization and do missions for them. You collect monsters, we've been through this.
    Digimon World Dawn/Dusk- Pretty much the same as DS, but with the Digimon series starved for money copying more of Pokemon.
    Digimon World Championship - A tamagotchi, pretty much that battles already set up in it.
    Until Recent years the Digimon series has always held up on it's own.
    The anime is infinitly different, so don't go on about that.
    Now, don't call me a deranged Fanboy who wants to promote the garbage Digimon has become.
    I think it should be left alone to die, were people like myself can enjoy it knowing the series won't be used as a cash cow any longer.
    More recently, I've become a fan of Pokemon, but I still know Digimon was great series.
    Digimon just had bad timing.
    I'm not changing anyones opinions, I just wanted to speak my mind about the injustice against a once good series.

Dude, were you even answering to any of the other questions except question 4? And why the did you say so much for just one question (I said keep it short, but no one ever listens)? By the way for question 4, I didn't mean that digimon is a bad copy of pokemon. I think it is great in certain ways but I would never put digimon in the genuine section.

Ice_Emperor

Emperor of all that is.
    Years
    Dude, were you even answering to any of the other questions except question 4? And why the did you say so much for just one question (I said keep it short, but no one ever listens)? By the way for question 4, I didn't mean that digimon is a bad copy of pokemon. I think it is great in certain ways but I would never put digimon in the genuine section.
    I apologize, I just needed to make a point.

Scytherr

<3pokemon
    Years
    1. Sure.
    2. If you mean the story in the anime, I'll answer; a bit xD I geeked the anime series when I was younger.
    3. I'm playing because I love pokemon and because it's fun.
    4. YES! I hate digimon and I have always hated it! 8-DD Uhm, but some digimons are cute and cool.
    5. I'll go for pikachu. Pika pika!
    6. I can't answer. I just love them!

Years
    1. Not exactly, I just use my own knowledge.
    2. Yep, mostly.
    3. No, I don't think that's possible.
    4. No idea, I don't watch Digimon…
    5. I think its Mew.
    6. I just do. xD

Last edited:

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    1. Do you check out pokemon wikis, such as bulbapedia and wikipedia, before posting anything related to pokemon information?

I do occasionly check out things about my favourite Poke'mon and such.

2. Do you know about the history of the pokemon world (i mean the history of the story, not the real world of what it was created in)?

Yes,well,I think so.

3. (I rephrased it) Do you play the pokemon games for the sake of the entertainment and do not know anything about it, e.g what pokemon are?

I play because I love Poke'mon.

4. Do you know that digimon copied the concept of pokemon?

Yes,I don't have a liking to Digimon,though some Digimon are quite cool.

5. Who do you think is the oldest pokemon (nothing pertaining to first drawn) in the pokemon's story (there is an answer but i won't say it)?

Arceus -- Because if you read the D/P Poke'dex,it says that Arceus created the Poke'mon world,or something like that...

6. Why do you like pokemon?

I like raiseing virtual creatures as well as training them. Plus,Poke'mon makes me happy when times are tough.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    1. Do you check out pokemon wikis, such as bulbapedia and wikipedia, before posting anything related to pokemon information?

I do reference Smogon when I talk about specific stat number, but most stuff I remember from reading bulbapedia in my off-time.

2. Do you know about the history of the pokemon world (i mean the history of the story, not the real world of what it was created in)?

I think so. Based on excerpts from the games and my knowledge of legendaries, I think
    Spoiler:

3. (I rephrased it) Do you play the pokemon games for the sake of the entertainment and do not know anything about it, e.g what pokemon are?

I know a lot about Pokemon. Probably too much for someone my age.

Mu. Your question is based on an incorrect assumption and therefore cannot be answered.

Do you still torture cats? YES OR NO? See the problem there?

5. Who do you think is the oldest pokemon (nothing pertaining to first drawn) in the pokemon's story (there is an answer but i won't say it)?

Arceus.

It has entertainment value for multiple age groups. From 7-12, you can play the games just because they're fun and everyone else is playing. From 12-16, you can get into competetive battling and the metagame. Older than that, you find complex formulae, such as Shiny Chaining to tease your intellect.

Darkaoz

Compulsive Procrastinator
    Years
    1. No. but I often look at the sites for fun ^^;
    2. To an extent.
    3. No? I think. I know everything needed to know about Pokemon I think =/. Your wording confused me ^^;
    4. Copied? I don't think it was copied. Digimon's idea is so much different...Maybe the idea of a little funny looking creature following people around was copied...But so many different stories used that.
    5. Uh...Arceus? ^^;
    6. I'm not sure. I guess I like the idea of having these creatures you can catch, train, and battle with ^^

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    1/2/3) Yes to all. (otherwise, I wouldn't deserve to be called a pokemon fan)
    4) StarWars/Pokemon V.S. StarTrek/Digimon. Most times, copied ideas fail to reach the glory of their "fathers-in-law", as a fair punishment for their decoying.
    5) The oldest pokemon in history is... DIALGA(!) Arceus was born before time had started to spin...
    6) Pokemon, in general, tries to mimic the real world. Everything, from the creatures, to the cities, locations and evil gangs, has a real-life relative. I simply ADORE this!

Tombi

*lurklurk*
    Years
    1. Do you check out pokemon wikis, such as bulbapedia and wikipedia, before posting anything related to pokemon information? No.
    2. Do you know about the history of the pokemon world (i mean the history of the story, not the real world of what it was created in)? Yes.
    3. (I rephrased it) Do you play the pokemon games for the sake of the entertainment and do not know anything about it, e.g what pokemon are? No.
    4. Do you know that digimon copied the concept of pokemon? Duh.
    5. Who do you think is the oldest pokemon (nothing pertaining to first drawn) in the pokemon's story (there is an answer but i won't say it)? Apparently Arceus, but that thing is stupid.
    6. Why do you like pokemon? Because it's awesome.

Glad I got that off my chest.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    1. Yes, but only when I don't know anything about the Pokémon.
    2. Do you mean the story behind it all, or the storyline? If so, then yes to both.
    3. Pokémon games are entertaining to play with. So, yes, I do play it for fun.
    4. Nah, I think you're wrong on this one.
    5. Arceus started it all.
    6. It once teaches moral to the millions that is watching. Well, it still does, but only in the movies, right? Anwyays, it's a pastime that I could never forget.

Years

No. I'm not that obsessed with being right about every little detail every time. Everybody is wrong sometimes.

Somewhat.

3. Do you play the pokemon games for the sake of the entertainment and do not know anything about it, e.g what pokemon are?

No. Rather a bad place to ask.

My class about samples, stats, and polls taught me that questions of this type are called a "leading question." Did you really expect people to limit themselves to short answers when you make such a bold, unbacked, claim that is so likely to incite an arguement? I disagree, I think you're wrong and I shall leave it at that.

I dunno. Caterpie? Mew?

I'm an animal lover. Animals are my life. Anything with animals or animal-like creatures (especially when they're partners and they're not mechanical) appeals to me easily.

Last edited:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
    - I check Bulbapedia often, but never before posting in a thread.
    - Yes.
    - Well, I do play the games for the sake of the entertainment, but I'd say I'm very aware of what Pokémon are.
    - I do.
    - Er.. Dunno. Mew, perhaps?
    - No idea.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    1. Yiiiiissss.
    2. Not really, half by half.
    3. Nooooooo. I play it because I like the anime.
    4. Yes, I know about it, but I don't think Digimon copied the concept of Pokemon...
    5. Someone said Poliwag, but I heard it was Rhydon.
    6. I like it because... (Read Q3)

Back