• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A Big Pain In My Rear!!!

Years
  • Yay! GSDS...or is this a Yellow Remake? XD you all know i am kidding, but as you can all see with the screenshots of teh new Pokemon game, HeartGold and SoulSilver, it seems that your starter Pokemon will follow you around. At first i thought this was fabulous, but theni saw the spriting for that Chiqorita. Ergh...disgusting! I really hope that there is a purpose that thses guys follow you, and their will be cool animation when you click them (like Pikachus emotions in Yellow, but even better. Like maybe the bottom screen will fill up with a animation of them jumping in joy, or something like that. Idk...ideas :P).

So what do you guys think? Are you overjoyed by this, or do you utterly hate this? What new things do you think we will be ablt to do with the following Pokemon? Discuss!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I like this. I think a cute little cyndaquil following me around would be the best. And anyway, maybe it isn't for the whole of the game because when they evolve the sprite will have to get bigger, and it may take up a lot of room.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Maybeyou actually walk around on the bottom screen and you can tap where you want to go and if you tap your pokeon it'll jump in the air...Well that's what i'm guessing :D

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    @cheesymitten: No, the layout will be the same as D/P/P trainer on top screen, PokéGear at bottom, the other way around would just make the top screen useless.

I kinda think they should do a sort of Tamagotchi kinda feature with this such as feed you Pokémon, play with it and teach it tricks(these would help you Pokémon, the first to, feed and play would increase the happiness of the Pokémon, where as teaching it tricks would improve it's chances in contests)

It also should not be limited to just the three starters, and neither should it be force on you (like in yellow) they also better allow the Pokémon to evolve because not been allowed to evolve Pikachu in Yellow was a huge disappointment.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I want the 3 starters and only the 3 starters to be allowed out of their balls. And their evolutions. It will be a hilarious experience for sure if its for the whole game.(went knows what I am talking about XD)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    What if the new games are tooo modern and not at all like the classics!? i mean look at the screenies they're way different!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    They can't just make them back to the old graphics.
    Well, they could obviously, but... it would make no sense if they did.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • What if the new games are tooo modern and not at all like the classics!? i mean look at the screenies they're way different!
    Well, that's why they're making a remake.

That's one of the many improvements of the game.

I really anticipated this for a while now. Now that it's finally here, I am pretty happy. :]

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I think it's kind of cute. I mean, it's a nice remembrance of Yellow. Plus, it symbolizes the old times.

Years
  • It is a cool idea, but my starter won't be in my team for the whole thing, so it is a bit wasted on that fact.
    But, I would keep it in my team for novelty.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    well

I do think that the chikorita sprite does look kinda...... erased..... but i like the idea- i've had pokemon yellow for a long time, but i've never played it, so i don't know what you guys are talking about, but i like the overall idea

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • I want the 3 starters and only the 3 starters to be allowed out of their balls. And their evolutions. It will be a hilarious experience for sure if its for the whole game.(went knows what I am talking about XD)

Haha, I think I know what you're getting at. I read that post and started to laugh so hard imagining that.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • That Chikorita sprite could be redone at some point. No one knows.

Anyway, I like the idea. I'm hoping it's for all the evolutions of my starter. A Feraligatr following me around would be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I'm sure that the Chikorita sprite will improve with time. The clips they showed on Pkmn Sunday looked way too much like DP. I think they were just showing an early engine as an example, which they actually did with the original, showing graphics/colors really similar to RBY, etc. Plus, Gold has the starter and Silver is still next to the lab, which makes it obvious it's just an early example.
    I would kind of like it if they would make the first pkmn in your party follow you around, and disappear if it faints, or show the second, etc.

Edit: I forgot, and Silver does stay next to the lab, up until you go to Mr.Pokémon's house. My bad xD

Last edited:

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I still don't understand why people are saying it looks to much like DPPt.
    It's the 3D visuals that are making it look like that. That's like saying RSE look exactly like FR/LG.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Also I would love to feel the experience like you're not alone in the world. You have a companion a partner to frolic through the lands. The journey would be magical as the more you progress the farther the evolution. By gym 4 your Pokemon would have become a final stage. Your journey has grown into an experience like non other. Then the real fun starts. Imagine a typhlosion running behind you looking al happy to follow. Exactly. This will only add depth and make it greater. This is not just a normal old feature but a chance to as I said add depth and make the experience better. Passing up the chance to do this would be a terrible mistake. But all is forgiven. These are gs remakes we are talking about?

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Hopefully the Cyndaquil and Totodile sprites will be shown next and they won't be as rough as that sprite :D

Last edited:
    Back