• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Few Fakes

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Can I use them please ? [The Crickid & the evolv]

With credits of course ^_^

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Can I use them please ? [The Crickid & the evolv]

Seriously? Read the post just a few above yours.

Nobody can use my sprites (except for a few people to whom I already gave permission), and I'm not some kind of slave for anyone to be putting to work.

Anyways, they all look great, but Spectrum bothers me. It looks unfinished(I know It's supposed to look that way), maybe just give the body a little bit of color...besides white. :P

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Can I use them please ? [The Crickid & the evolv]

Im pretty sure he said the fakemon sprites are NOT for use.

Nobody can use my sprites

A Few Fakes
    A Few Fakes

Anyways...
    I think you did a very great job on both of these fakemon. May not be very pokemon like but it is certainly done well. But I see some lighting issues on the evo. Your suppose to use the lighter hue on the limb that is closer to the sun otherwise you shouldn't use it. Though on that monkey like pokemon I can see that you used lighting on both the belly and the left knee. It's nothing major really just some things you might want to take out. Im also kind of wondering how does a pig-ish like sprite evolves into a monkey. Unless it originates from another one of those rare species of animals I never heard of.

But overall these are some great sprites. Outline is smooth. Nice colors. Maybe not so much it would be seen in pokemon but still it looks great.
    Hope you can get in some more sprites for us at PC~

Years
  • Spectrum is made of pure light, so its body is blinding white with an outline that shimmers like the rainbow. I made its sprite like this, with nothing but default colors, simply because I could.

Taroset is just a heavily stylized monkey. Tarankey's arm doesn't have the highlight on it because we're seeing the inside of its arm, the exact opposite of where the light is hitting it..If a backsprite were to be made, the highlight would be there. Since I've had so much experience, I tend to deviate from the training wheels. Whether or not my bike's crashed is a matter of opinion.

As for the names...that really is my fault. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ViewersAreGeniuses

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spectrum is made of pure light, so its body is blinding white with an outline that shimmers like the rainbow. I made its sprite like this, with nothing but default colors, simply because I could.
    It still doesn't really come across. It's quite an out-there idea, though, so it works to some extent
    Taroset is just a heavily stylized monkey. Tarankey's arm doesn't have the highlight on it because we're seeing the inside of its arm, the exact opposite of where the light is hitting it..If a backsprite were to be made, the highlight would be there. Since I've had so much experience, I tend to deviate from the training wheels. Whether or not my bike's crashed is a matter of opinion.
    I know this isn't a response to me, but with the advent of Gen IV, the hard-and-fast rules about light have been a lot less strict. If it looks good, it's fine is a more accurate one these days.
    Thank-you for forcing me to spend 2 and a half hours stuck on TV Tropes -_-

However, it's less the fact that I don't understand their origins (which I don't, for what it's worth, but I could make educated guesses), it's that they all follow the same repetitive pattern. The Araphosa line all end in -phosa, which is a similar trend to those of all your evolution lines (with the exception of Crickid). I just think that you could vary them a little more. Come to think of it, though, a few names don't really roll off the tongue. Abulay... Abuleeeoo... Abulooco? In that case, not knowing the root causes my small mind an issue. Still, they're your designs, and therefore your call, but I hope I've helped in some small way.

Have you ever tried doing other things, like OWs or trainer sprites?

Years
  • Slowpoke, Slowbro/Slowking
    Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard
    Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur
    Nidoran, Nidorino/Nidorina, Nidoking/Nidoqueen
    Onix, Steelix
    Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath/Politoed
    Kabuto, Kabutops
    Omanyte, Omastar
    Azurill, Marill, Azumarill
    Houndour, Houndoom
    Staryu, Starmie
    Tentacool, Tentacruel
    Paras, Parasect
    Natu, Xatu

Dusknoir
    Misdreavus, Mismagius
    Masquerain
    Kangaskhan
    Regigigas
    Makuhita, Hariyama
    Tyrogue
    Kyogre
    Abomasnow
    Honchkrow
    Carvanha
    Hippopotas
    Rayquaza
    Vespiquen
    Deoxys
    Arceus

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand the problem. I made a few lines with matching names? I made some names that people unfamiliar with certain subjects may find difficult?

Actually, looking back, most of the ones I posted are the second one, so I guess I can't blame you that much.

A Few Fakes

Hagnez

A Few Fakes
    A Few Fakes

Fluine, Pestula

A Few Fakes

Fetos

A Few Fakes
    A Few Fakes

Traplure, Axelure

A Few Fakes

Chompple

A Few Fakes
    A Few Fakes

Bombillo, Explodillo

A Few Fakes

Cadeep

A Few Fakes
    A Few Fakes

Pupatty, Poofly

A Few Fakes

Docteria

A Few Fakes

Circat

A Few Fakes
    A Few Fakes

Hyester, Hylarius

A Few Fakes
    A Few Fakes

Sicaris, Sicarisand

A Few Fakes

Lordifer

A Few Fakes

Angale​
    (Not really looking for crit on these. Some are old, some are on my revamp list already)

There's more, but I don't know exactly what'd be too difficult for you. It's really all a matter of perspective, you know. The same way you trip over Abuleuco, I had to read Adnokana twice. In other words, Your Mileage May Vary. Similarly, I guess you're not familiar with the idea of using Light as an element.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, I think you went a little OTT there, but yes, I see your point. It just struck me that they all followed the xxxx-ending pattern, and it seemed a little dull. However, with the new ones, I'm happy to back down on that one :)

I still maintain that your spriting is superb and near faultless, so keep up the good work. However, I'll reiterate my question of whether there are other strings to your bow, or if this is your speciality. Either way, it'd be great to see your talents put to use in a game or a hack.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    A Few Fakes

that looks like utter filth, and is truely one of the most disgusting things i've set eyes upon, very nice job :P
    It's quite obvious that you've worked hard on this and all the rest.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Ya, there are several i like. I like Tuthuid Giguid the best i think. But not Archthuid.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
  • A Few Fakes

..Its so cute it makes want to stab myself in the face.....

A Few Fakes

Gah! A gay clown!....(I'm gonna see this in my nightmares)....

Good work though.I like the shading on this one especially:
    A Few Fakes

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • AMAZING
    looking at your DA and the ones posted here, your origionality and skill are out of this world!
    can't wait for more.

Years
  • Nice Fakemon. I like you work. Can you make me some. I you want please pm me. I will give creadite for fakemon. I realy need some for my hack.

Back