• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A few reasons why this gen will be HORRIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Back in MY day we had 150 monsters, and that was ALL you needed! None o' these new-fangled 'cutey' monsters for children!

Look at dat thereTauros. A fine specimen of a monster. Look at the new-age Tauros. A CARTOON COW. Disgraceful! We had Pikachu and Raichu, but that wasn't CUTE enough for CHILDREN so they added Pichu, the Baby. Then they added those two Minun and Plushie creatures, which are completely obvious knockoffs! That's right, IVE SEEN YOUR NEW MONSTERS! BAH! Tailow? HootHoot? Starly? BAH! Give me Pidgey any day! Sentret? Zigzagoon? BIDOOF? You young whippersnappers can paint a Ratatta brown, but it's still a Ratatta!

The new popular starter is CHICKCHAR or something. Hooey! Back in my day, if you wanted a flaming monkey, you threw a Mankey into a bonfire!

I must say, it's nice to see the developers haven't gotten creative. A hippopotamus called "Hippopotas"? That's almost as clever as a pile of muck called "Muk"! Shows that the first generation was the BEST generation!

But everything they try to change doesn't work! Take evolution for example. Well, we DIDNT evolve them because evolution is a heathen scam! Everytime they tried to evolve, we would stop them because they were Intelligently Designed to be the way they were. But at least science was simpler in those days. Creatures evolved by leveling, stones, and trading! We didn't need to equip any new-fangled Kings Rock while leveling up at dusk while fighting a Goldeen at Cinnabar Island with a happiness level of 200 and spare Rare Candy in the inventory! That's ridiculous!

Also, there are no male or female monster of the same species! If they were, they would be a DIFFERENT SPECIES like Nidoran is. I notice that you haven't tried to reclassify them as the same species. That's because they are the ONLY monster with genders! All them other monsters are a-sexual. They don't breed! You kids today pass your monsters to some hag, and she has to genetically engineer you a cross-bred creature. WHY ELSE WOULD CREATURES ONLY MULTIPLY IN A DAYCARE CENTER?

Speaking of evolution, you young punks can stop evolving my monsters! Lickitung, Tangela and Rhydon were useless enough without you tainting them with stripes and spikes and scowls! If we wanted them to evolve, we would have done it the old fashioned way: by putting three of them together! I see what you did to Magneton! IF WE WANTED MAGNETON TO EVOLVE, WE WOULD JUST PUT THREE TOGETHER.

YOUR TURTWIG IS A BULBASAUR WITH A LEAF ON ITS HEAD!

Where was I? Oh yeah, your fancy colors. We didn't have color back in my day! We had black and puke green and we were grateful! People at the store would say, "Welcome to Cerulean City, the most vibrant city in Kanto. Would you like to see a third color?" and you would reply, "No, sir, I am satisfied with two" because THATS THE WAY GOD MADE IT.

And what's with these monsters that roam around the whole region? I don't care if you are a legendary, you stay in ONE house or cave. YOU DONT MOVE. I tells ya, the whole world is loosing control. Pretty soon these creatures will all be free. What kind of world has no pocket monster fighting action paralleling cockfighting? I am not sure, but it's a world I want none to do with!

Maybe this old fool is too naive for this new world. But with God as my witness, I will keep my level 100 Charmander, level 100 Magikarp, and level 100 Pikachu by my side forever. You kids wouldn't understand because you're too busy 'evolving' your monsters, watching their stat-ee-vees and teachin' them moves to balance against your friends. What a waste of time! I could beat the Elite Four everytime, back when that MEANT something. So you can go fight strangers over them thar internets if you will, but as for me and my monsters, we will retire from a world which no longer needs us.

Johnny™

Office addict
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    If you didn't copy/paste this from somewhere, then you my friend are a winner.

Saxisai

Unbeatable 3's-Unstopable Trio
    Years
    I somewhat agree with you, but I have to disagree with you on most of it.

It all depends on what generation you grew up in, that's the problem. Since the series has been around for quite some time, more and more children are getting into it, while us senior followers stay loyal as well. One reason why I think that they keep creating horrible pokemon, is because they are running out of ideas, but this "new revamp" is supposed to be exactly that, a revamp of the series, so that the newer generation of fans can be happy with what they have, without being too overwhelmed by the rest of it. Even though they are going to incorperate the other 493 pokemon into the game, for someone who has never played Pokemon before, they are not going to know they are there until after they beat the Elite Four (as in previous generations). I am rambling on about nothing now and have lost my point, if people respond to this i will probably remember what I was getting at lol

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    And yes, this is just my old Grandpa's Pokemon Rant.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
    I think the next gen is going to be great!! I just hope they make some really cool looking pokemon and keep on showing the older pokemon to. It kind of bugs me that Ash hardly ever meets back up with his old friends.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    If you didn't copy/paste this from somewhere, then you my friend are a winner.
    Agreed, just for the fact that this guy can tell a mean story. I respect the effort, but stop complaining, change is good.

Edit: And since you seem to hate everything after 1st gen, why does your name contain Flygon and you are a member of an Aggron fan club...

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
    I have to agree that the original 150 was most definitely the best. But kids these days need change and improvement when it comes to the Video Gamer world, you know?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Oh, lord. I remember this. I was expecting something more serious then this, but I got a surprise from this. The third time, and it's still hella funny.

Personally, I like the new gen, and I'm really only saying this because everyone else seems to.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Sorry, it's the same old rants I've heard over and over again.

Get some creativity people.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Sorry, it's the same old rants I've heard over and over again.

Get some creativity people.

I know, right?

I think I've heard this one before though. The exact words. By the exact same person. Stolen from somewhere, no doubt, but I think it was a year ago? Maybe a little more. Thanks for the lulz, though, Darkly.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I think your rant was idiotic and lame. All I read was 'DURP HERP I'M AN IDIOT' The new pokemon are fine, the old pokemon are fine, the new evolutions are fine (well some of them) if they want pokemon to continute being popular then theyr'e going to come up with new ideas, which they are and pokemon is as popular as ever.

So stop being stupid and hating on everything new and exciting.

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
    Jeez. You sure love to say, and I quote, "BAH!"

Anyway, here is my point of view. The first 151 were original, unique, filled with epicness. No show had attempted to do what Pokemon was attempting to do! The second generation was greatly appreciated by the general Pokemon-fan populous. Then, the third generation came. People were excited, but not the way they should be. So people put up with the 300 or so Pokemon. Then gen 4. People started to get upset. I mean, 400 somewhat Pokemon? Then Gen 5. There WILL be a riot in Japan I am telling you! They take anime very seriously.

I think your rant was idiotic and lame. All I read was 'DURP HERP I'M AN IDIOT' The new pokemon are fine, the old pokemon are fine, the new evolutions are fine (well some of them) if they want pokemon to continute being popular then theyr'e going to come up with new ideas, which they are and pokemon is as popular as ever.

So stop being stupid and hating on everything new and exciting.

He is entitled to his opinion, whether you like it or not. The rant did make some valid points in SOME cases. But overall, a rant is filled with emotion which gets in the way of logical thinking. If he did do research, the viewer-ship and popularity skyrocketed during the second generation. But when the third came by, the loyalty started to gradually drop. I guess people are waiting for the next good decision by the Nintendo Company.

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    Ok we all know the orginal pokemon was the best. I don't understand how everyone can complain about the new games that much. They're not all that different. and alot of the changes are good. I will agree however GEN. I was the best.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    He is entitled to his opinion, whether you like it or not. The rant did make some valid points in SOME cases. But overall, a rant is filled with emotion which gets in the way of logical thinking. If he did do research, the viewer-ship and popularity skyrocketed during the second generation. But when the third came by, the loyalty started to gradually drop. I guess people are waiting for the next good decision by the Nintendo Company.

thats funny, coz i too am entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is people who make rant threads (and there seem to be a lot on this site) about why the new pokemon suck are idiots :)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Back in MY day we had 150 monsters, and that was ALL you needed! None o' these new-fangled 'cutey' monsters for children!

Look at dat thereTauros. A fine specimen of a monster. Look at the new-age Tauros. A CARTOON COW. Disgraceful! We had Pikachu and Raichu, but that wasn't CUTE enough for CHILDREN so they added Pichu, the Baby. Then they added those two Minun and Plushie creatures, which are completely obvious knockoffs! That's right, IVE SEEN YOUR NEW MONSTERS! BAH! Tailow? HootHoot? Starly? BAH! Give me Pidgey any day! Sentret? Zigzagoon? BIDOOF? You young whippersnappers can paint a Ratatta brown, but it's still a Ratatta!

The new popular starter is CHICKCHAR or something. Hooey! Back in my day, if you wanted a flaming monkey, you threw a Mankey into a bonfire!

I must say, it's nice to see the developers haven't gotten creative. A hippopotamus called "Hippopotas"? That's almost as clever as a pile of muck called "Muk"! Shows that the first generation was the BEST generation!

But everything they try to change doesn't work! Take evolution for example. Well, we DIDNT evolve them because evolution is a heathen scam! Everytime they tried to evolve, we would stop them because they were Intelligently Designed to be the way they were. But at least science was simpler in those days. Creatures evolved by leveling, stones, and trading! We didn't need to equip any new-fangled Kings Rock while leveling up at dusk while fighting a Goldeen at Cinnabar Island with a happiness level of 200 and spare Rare Candy in the inventory! That's ridiculous!

Also, there are no male or female monster of the same species! If they were, they would be a DIFFERENT SPECIES like Nidoran is. I notice that you haven't tried to reclassify them as the same species. That's because they are the ONLY monster with genders! All them other monsters are a-sexual. They don't breed! You kids today pass your monsters to some hag, and she has to genetically engineer you a cross-bred creature. WHY ELSE WOULD CREATURES ONLY MULTIPLY IN A DAYCARE CENTER?

Speaking of evolution, you young punks can stop evolving my monsters! Lickitung, Tangela and Rhydon were useless enough without you tainting them with stripes and spikes and scowls! If we wanted them to evolve, we would have done it the old fashioned way: by putting three of them together! I see what you did to Magneton! IF WE WANTED MAGNETON TO EVOLVE, WE WOULD JUST PUT THREE TOGETHER.

YOUR TURTWIG IS A BULBASAUR WITH A LEAF ON ITS HEAD!

Where was I? Oh yeah, your fancy colors. We didn't have color back in my day! We had black and puke green and we were grateful! People at the store would say, "Welcome to Cerulean City, the most vibrant city in Kanto. Would you like to see a third color?" and you would reply, "No, sir, I am satisfied with two" because THATS THE WAY GOD MADE IT.

And what's with these monsters that roam around the whole region? I don't care if you are a legendary, you stay in ONE house or cave. YOU DONT MOVE. I tells ya, the whole world is loosing control. Pretty soon these creatures will all be free. What kind of world has no pocket monster fighting action paralleling cockfighting? I am not sure, but it's a world I want none to do with!

Maybe this old fool is too naive for this new world. But with God as my witness, I will keep my level 100 Charmander, level 100 Magikarp, and level 100 Pikachu by my side forever. You kids wouldn't understand because you're too busy 'evolving' your monsters, watching their stat-ee-vees and teachin' them moves to balance against your friends. What a waste of time! I could beat the Elite Four everytime, back when that MEANT something. So you can go fight strangers over them thar internets if you will, but as for me and my monsters, we will retire from a world which no longer needs us.

Obvious troll is obvious.

As the greatest man ever would say:

LOOK AT YOUR DOOR NOW BACK AT ME
    THE TROLL IS NOW DIAMONDS

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back