• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few sketches of pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Hi, after a bit of experimenting I decided to post the results. I'd like to create fakemon images (to use in a game I'm making, never mind that right now), but first I thought I should try something simpler, that is drawing already existing species. This is the first attempt, I picked two relatively simple looking creatures (Jigglypuff and Oddish) and drew a sketch, then did a quick paint job just to see how it'd look like, but no shadings and effects and things like that. Please comment how would you improve the sketches (not the coloring, I don't care about that yet), which one turned out better etc.

Oh, I'm using Illustrator for the lines, will use Photoshop for coloring. Even though they seem to be quite simple looking it would be difficult to draw them more precisely.

Attachments

• A few sketches of pokemon
      jp_sk.jpg
      36.5 KB · Views: 5
      od_sk.jpg
      6.4 KB · Views: 6
      jp_co.jpg
      13.6 KB · Views: 2
      od_co.jpg
      16.8 KB · Views: 5

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'd say the oddish probably turned out better, but the default colors are burning my eyes so I can't look for very long at it. =u=;;

If you're using illustrator for the lines, might I suggest not using the pencil tool, and perhaps using the brush instead? The lines will look less as if you'd done it in MS Paint.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    I'd say the oddish probably turned out better, but the default colors are burning my eyes so I can't look for very long at it. =u=;;

If you're using illustrator for the lines, might I suggest not using the pencil tool, and perhaps using the brush instead? The lines will look less as if you'd done it in MS Paint.
    Sry about your eyes... I'm not using pencil tool but line, arc tool etc. But I assume you mean the lines should vary a bit in thickness? I'm not entirely sure how to do it just yet.

Back