• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A game series that...um...doesnt deserve to live.

WolfSoul

Blaze Trainer~
Years
  • Alright, Lego games are getting on my nerves...I love star wars games such as Force Unleashed (can't wait for the 2nd one) but LEGO STAR WARS!? Shoot...me. I hate how the graphics are so sucky... I mean, I know they're meant to be lego-looking, but seriously. No. Another game series I can think of is Spider-man games... they completely suck. Please kill that series off. I like the movies, not the games.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Sonic. Maybe if they get their act together THEN ill start playing them again. The new ones are horrible they are all rush jobs

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • This thread has already broken my heart and made me lose faith in most of you for all of the New Zelda hate. </3

Jokes aside{but seriously, what's wrong with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess? D:}, I don't think the Sonic franchise should /die/, but they haven't been making very good games since Adventure 2. Soo yeah. They should start making good games again.

Also, Mario Party is pretty annoying.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Touhou. After 6, the game quality just got so awesome, that the world is in jeopardy.

But for me...?

...most series of JRPGs just... need to die horrible deaths, because they dilute the market too freakin' much.

But, more specifically...

Harvest Moon needs to step it up (back to the level it used to be, at least) or GTFO.

giraffesPlz

The Hero ♥
    Years
  • Spyro, definitely ;~;

I didn't even buy any more past Year of the Dragon, and the reboot sucks to no end QQ You can hardly call it Spyro anymore.

Besides that? There are some series (along with Harvest Moon, stated earlier by someone) that really need to get up to stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Call of Duty. O-ho yes I said it. As of the sixth main title it has become... over the top, absorbed with itself enough that to anyone not already a gamer or fan of shooty gun fun fests in the first place could safely discard its plot as absurd... Oh but we know it's not about singleplayer anymore, mutliplayer is now the core element and singleplayer is just tacked on — didn't this used to be the other way round? In effect, the series serves a different demographic now that it used to, that is 13 year olds that scream down their 360 headsets rather than... well, anyone remotely more mature. Not to say all the players are like that, not even most of them, but that certainly seems to be the way the game has gone in comparison to its earlier incarnations. The multiplayer itself is overdone too, I'd say; since when did soldiers have currently impossible thermal-esque displays on the sides of their rifles or throw knives? Or for that matter have such massive displays of air support at their disposal? Yeah yeah, it's a game, I understand, but some of these things give insane advantages and spam up the battlefield with more things that remove it for moments from being much of an FPS. I like the series as a whole, but it's going kinda funny nowadays...

Last edited:

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • I agree with WoW--has anyone seen the South Park episode where they boys get addicted to it? I think that's the exact reason it should end. I don't get into stereotypes, but everyone I've ever met who played it fit that stereotype, and I think they give people who play video games a bad name. (Is that a bad reason? :x)

I also agree with Mario. He's been around forever, and still the best game to me is the original(granted, I've nver played Galaxy, which everyone was so crazy about). Also, Luigi hasn't had his own game since Luigi's Mansion--why not let him share some of the spot light?

I haven't played Sonic since Adventure Battle 2 and Heroes, and I miss when it was mainly just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, but a few of the new characters I find really interesting, especially Shadow and Cream&Cheese(my neice was lke "LOOK HOW CUUUTE" and I was like '...aww' Xd) so I think Sonic may still have some go in him if the companies would work a bit harder.

I'm sick of all the 'insert music here' Hero games. The first Guitar Hero games where innovative and cool, but now it's like 'oh geez, again?'. I'd rather to learn to play an actual guitar than spend a billion dollars buying all the new games.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    As you can see by my theme I love me some Creme and Cheese but Shadow is my favorite character in the series. Its rater interesting reading everyones opinions and I'm glad you all took time to express that in my thread n_n.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Lieutenant Unstable, do you want to know why "everyone you meet fits into the WoW stereotype?"

Because people that play it and don't fit into the stereotype have learned to shut up and keep it to themselves because of South Park.

...yeah.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • Lieutenant Unstable, do you want to know why "everyone you meet fits into the WoW stereotype?"

Because people that play it and don't fit into the stereotype have learned to shut up and keep it to themselves because of South Park.

...yeah.

Well, they really shouldn't, cos I'd love to meet someone that didn't fit the stereotype. I love when people don't fit stereotypes at all, and can say "Hey, I play World of Warcraft, but I also HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF IT SEEE".

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • If they did that, nobody would believe them.

It's like anime. Most people are too close minded, so most fans of "weird" things tend to just shut up and carry on with their lives.

Gah, or even if people try to be open minded, it's "I don't think anime is weird! I loved Dragon Ball Z!"

*BULLET THRU BRAIN PLZ*

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • If they did that, nobody would believe them.

It's like anime. Most people are too close minded, so most fans of "weird" things tend to just shut up and carry on with their lives.

Gah, or even if people try to be open minded, it's "I don't think anime is weird! I loved Dragon Ball Z!"

*BULLET THRU BRAIN PLZ*

Oh geez. Cos Dragonball Z is like, omg, the greatest anime ever! Or atleast always listed as the best fighting anime ever. I always thought YYH was the better of the two. I hate that DBZ was so freaking mainstream.

/off topic. My apologies. :P

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • you might hate me for saying these two, but I think the two series that should die are:

1. Legend of Zelda
    2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

I agree with Zelda. I love Zelda games but I hate the direction they're going with controls :| I like playing games with a controler, you know, to sit back and just relax. I'm not saying get rid of all games that involve the player more like that, it just doesn't seem to belong in Zelda games. I do however like the cartoony graphics in some of the newer titles.

I also agree with the games based off movies. Some of them seem like they'd have potential but they're rushed out and almost always suck.

There would be a lot more but they're not worth my time mentioning...

And Dragon Ball Z is awesome, say anything against Goku and I will hunt you down.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I would like to see Halo series end because to me it represents the death of videogaming.

Although really I would not want any series to end just because I personally don't like it and I think this was a horrible idea for a topic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I would like to see Halo series end because to me it represents the death of videogaming.
    The decline of health bars in favour of regeneration and therefore death of good FPSs maybe, but I don't see its influence in games outside its own genre.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Although really I would not want any series to end just because I personally don't like it and I think this was a horrible idea for a topic.

I think that the point was a hypothetical question. "If you could end any series you believed was getting to be too much, what would it be?"

It's not such a horrible idea. Honestly I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't ranted about some game they saw little or no point to, or just hated for one character or something, thus condemning the series' very existence. I myself see this thread as a way to vent about those games, and maybe find someone to rant with... I haven't seen many games where only one person wanted them gone, after all.

Anywho! On-topic!
    Games I believe do not deserve to exist anymore/have ever existed in the first place: (Besides the echoed Games based off of moves/TV shows, the reasons for which have been echoed time and again here...)

1. Halo - It's an FPS, which I don't like. But that's not why. I think out of every FPS game I've heard of, THAT ONE has had more hype... And since I have tried playing them, and got bored brainless rather quickly, I can personally say they're overrated.

2. Every Spyro game AFTER A Hero's Tale. That game is where I draw the line, honestly. Especially after the Legend of Spyro Segment. The series took a complete 180, becoming dark and serious, compared to the dorky and all-around childish air that caused me to love it so when I was younger. Why didn't Insomiac hold onto it? I understand Ratchet and Clank, but still.

3. SPEAKING OF WHICH... Ratchet and Clank I think has done a fair run too, and should stop before REALLY being overdone. I myself loved those games, and it is the closest to an FPS I ever have played, and ever will play. But after the second game, "Going Commando" the title of which still makes me giggle TO THIS DAY, the series has just lost me. It went in a direction I am not sure was wise, and as much as I'd hope the franchise would quit while they're ahead, we all know THAT will never happen.

4. Crash Bandicoot. I hated the direction it took ever since the first PS2 game (The Wrath of Cortex). All the games for the PSX I loved dearly... Though I only have my two copies of Crash 2, and Wrath of Cortex to remember them by... I had all of them at one time, and would play them happily. The main reason I liked The Wrath of Cortex is because of the hamster ball levels really. The story was a little worn out, and overdone with characters. I understand the elemental masks but Crunch... I don't know. It was the only game Naughty Dog DID NOT develop that I liked.

Okay.... I think I'm done... but #2.... Thanks for putting a knife in my childhood Krome Studios. :<

Oh wait, Spyro and Crash never should have went to handhelds. Freaking pointless.

BiohazardX

Marionette Master
    Years
  • Spyro.

As a kid, I played Ripto's Rage a lot, and I didn't even have a memory card back then! The game was amazing and fun to play... I rarely put it down.
    While the Spyro trilogy for the Playstation was amazing, the games after them started going down hill. I got A New Beginning, and was very disappointed. It did not have the same feel as the classic Spyro games to me. I even got stuck very close in the beginning and it took me a while to figure it out.
    Note to Sony: Never ever reboot any classic games in a new style again. :l

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Update:

The Final Fatasy Series because the cut scenes are too god damn long these days. >_<

Back