• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Gameboy Restoration - My Summer Project

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    This is awesome! I've always fancied tinkering with a few old gameboys i've had laying around for years myself! Will be keeping an eye on this for when I get around to doing one :>

Edit: You ever done a backlight mod?

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • This looks amazing, job well done!
    I don't know why but I'm too scared to tinker with stuff such as soldering Iron, but I guess I'll have to try it sometime, it could turn out to be a handy skill.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I don't even know where to begin with this but holy crap, that's impressive - everything from your knowledge of the equipment and even the chemistry behind the plastic's coloration/how to get rid of it, to the amount of effort and dedication you put into this project. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Have you ever encountered "moldy" electronics, and do you know if they can be restored? I don't know if it's just a matter of cleaning off the mold or not, but I have an original Game Boy as well and I've just been afraid to touch it since I noticed the molding in the cartridge slot. I just kinda accepted that it's done, but this post gives me hope, lol.

Back