• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Gym Leader's Journey [Revised and Reborn]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    A Gym Leader's Journey

//This is the interesting stuff

This was a time before the famous Pokemon Tourney. A time before the Elite 4. A time before Gym Leaders. People still battled with their Pokemon, but not for badges, or money, or fame. They did it for the pure fun of it. But that would all change soon. There was word going around that the best trainers in all the land were recruiting talented trainers to run things called "Gym's". The "Gym Leaders" were to have a specialty in one specific type and take on any trainer that challenged them.​

Many talented trainers took up the challenge, but only a few would succeed. The road ahead of them would be filled with many tough trials and decisions. But what they didn't know was that a newly formed team of evil-doers, known as Team Rocket, was out to crush their dreams and rule the region as the most powerful trainers.​

Team Rocket is lead by Giovanni. They are a newly formed team, formed from the lust of stealing Pokemon and ruling the world. Their goal is to stop the formation of the Gym's and defeat the would-be Gym Leaders so they can reign supreme.

Now it's your job to make sure these Gyms are put into action. Let nothing stand in your way!

//Where is this taking place?
    This RP will take place in the Kanto Region. But this is before any Gym's were built, so don't walk into Pewter City saying "Oh, look! Brock's Gym!". The cities and towns are still the same, just Gymless. You will be forming the Gym's in these cities and towns later on in the RP. Most of the towns, like Lavender and Pallet, are rural areas with few people living there. The cities are fairly busy, but not as busy as they will be when the Gym's are formed. All in-game areas will be present to. And by in-game areas, I mean places like Seafoam Islands, Cerulean Cave, etc. There also might be a couple of new places I could throw in. But we'll just have to wait and see for that.​

//You knew these would be here
    1. ALL of the Poke'Community Forum rules apply
    2. NO GODMODDING, BUNNYING, OR POWERPLAYING OF ANY KIND!
    3. NO going outside your specified type!
    4. NO bashing other RP'ers! Nobody likes people who are rude.
    5. Their is a two-paragraph MINIMUM! If you break this offense 3 times, you WILL be kicked!
    6. NO CATCHING LEGENDARIES!!!
    7. NO SCRIPTING OF ANY KIND!
    8. This is a Kanto RP with Kanto Pokemon. Don't request Gen II, III, or IV Pokemon.
    9. Have Fun!​

To prove to me you have read this, request for a legendary as a second starter. You won't get it. It's just reassurance that you read these rules.

//Don't you just hate these?
    Name:
    History: 3-4 paragraph minimum
    Personality: 2-3 paragraph minimum
    Other info: Anything notable not mentioned above?
    Pokemon Type: The type of pokemon you will specialize in. You can choose any type, but only 1 person per type.
    Starter Pokemon: One Pokemon only from the list below
    RP Sample: Required

//Starter Pokemon

All Pokemon are Level 5 and have the moves they have learned by then. No egg moves, no TM's. Dragon, Ghost, Ice, Steel and Dark will not be choices do to lack of Gen I Pokemon that fall into those types.

Bug:
    Caterpie, Weedle, Paras, Venonat

Electric:
    Pikachu, Magnemite, Voltorb

Fighting:
    Mankey, Machop

Fire:
    Charmander, Vulpix, Growlithe, Ponyta

Flying:
    Pidgey, Spearow, Zubat, Farfetch'd, Doduo

Grass:
    Bulbasaur, Oddish, Paras, Bellsprout, Exeggcute, Tangela

Rock/Ground: Taken by Star_Ann_Conway
    Geodude, Onix, Rhyhorn

Normal:
    Rattata, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Meowth, Ditto, Eevee, Porygon

Poison:
    Ekans, Nidoran (M/F), Tentacool, Grimer, Koffing

Psychic:
    Abra, Slowpoke, Drowzee

Water: Taken by Serene
    Squirtle, Psyduck, Poliwag, Tentacool, Shellder, Slowpoke, Krabby, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, Magikarp

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    *asks to reserve Horsea* Please :3

Nice to see it got accepted. Will get an SU up later.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    I'd like to reserve Grass Types, please. I'll work on making an SU, K. I'll finish it later!

Name: Lily Everdark
    Appearance: 2-3 paragraph minimum.
    History: 3-4 paragraph minimum
    Personality: 2-3 paragraph minimum
    Other info: Anything notable not mentioned above?
    Pokemon Type: Grass
    Starter Pokemon: A Shaymin, if not Bulbasaur ;).
    RP Sample:

"Pit, Pat, Pit, Pat" his sandals sound with each step. Kai a sixteen year old blacksmith prodigy waits for a chance to flee the past.

"Lilycove City, the town of Commerse. Truely it's by chance that today is the day my life starts a new and I am in that very town where I could possibly make large profits off my old trade." Kai whispered to himself being interupted by a voice "Okay. All who intend to board must prove themselves by battling a guard!"

"Hmm, a guard." Kai whispered to himself while looking for a guard from ontop of a pile of crates.

Once Kai had spotted the guard he tip-toed from the top of the crates and jumped down behind him. He then placed his first blade under the chin of the guard and whispered into his ears "It seems that we must do battle."

"What the..." the guard responded and atempted to slug Kai, but Kai was too fast for him and hand backflipped to avoid getting hit.

"I'd advise on not doing that again." Kai said in the guards direction and upon saying so the guards outfit had been revealed to have been sliced five times.

"Arr, Steelix, punish that twerp. There's no way I'm lettin' ya sail with me!" the guard screamed at Kai.

"Fine, then let's make things interesting." Kai said with a devilish grin and he threw his sword Epemetheus right next to the guards neck.

"What?" the guard said confused and picking up the blade.

"Every time one of our pokemon takes damage the other will be slice with thier blade. If one of thier pokemon were to be unable to battle then the other takes thier opponents head." Kai said to the man.

"Your crazy!" the sailor responded back.

"Suit yourself. I guess you forfit then and that's the same thing as being unable to battle." Kai said and then ran towards the guard with his sword in hand.

"Okay, okay." the man finally gave in.

"Froslass, begin with hail!" Kai shouted out in the air.

An odd woman in a kimono appeared. She giggled a bit and then waved her hands about causing the clouds to grow dark and ice to fall.

The Steelix stared in awe at the Phenomenon. The ice fell on the Steelix and the Steelix screamed.

"That's one." Kai said and he sliced him at the side.

"Argh, Steelix Iron Tail!" the guard issued in pain.

"Froslass, Double Team!" Kai said cooly.

The Steelix swung its tail about and atempted to hit each speed created illusion, but to no avail for Froslass's speed was to great that the Steelix couldn't even hit a copy. The Steelix was eventually forced to stop its rampage when another piece of ice struck it.

"That's two." Kai whispered into the guards ear. The guard was astonished at Kai's speed and Kai sliced him on the other side.

"Froslass use Ominous wind." Kai shouted to the woman.

The Froslass giggled again and a wind raced by picking up the ice and slamming them into the Steelix. The Froslass began to glow an erie purple.

"That's three." and Kai sliced the man on one of his shoulders.

"Steelix headbutt!" the man shouted seeing the Froslass too busy giggling.

The Steelix rammed into her, but he just passed through her and rammed into a crate. The Steelix was stricken by hail once more.

"Four!" and Kai sliced him on the other shoulder.

"Finish it Froslass! Blizzard!" Kai screamed at his Froslass.

"No, Steelix! Use Flamethrower." the guard shouted in response.

A great swirl of ice formed around the Froslass and she threw the mass of storm towards the Steelix. The Steelix then spat a power stream of flames back at it.

"Ominous wind, Froslass." Kai said in a calm voice.

The Froslass was filled with power and the Storm doubled in power. The flames were easily defeat by the fearsome purple storm. The Steelix collapsed after it was struck by the last round of hail and the blizzard combo.

"I won." Kai whispered into his ear. He then stabbed his sword into the crate behind the guard just missing his neck.

"Now let me on board." Kai said to the man he had just spared.

The terrified guard lead him on board and a few minutes later the ship left the docks.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Name: Mizu Seishin Hinan (she also returns from the dead =D)

Appearance: Mizu has very pale skin, much like that of a vampire's (for those who have read the Twilight series or saw the movie or even the trillion posters around). She is roughly 5'4" in height and is of average weight. She has a "D-cup", though her chest just barely qualifies as one. Mizu's hair goes down to about her rear, and is a silky straight very light blue. Her eyes, as she had been teased about, are both a different color. Her left eye is a stunning sapphire blue while her right eye a bright turquoise blue.

Mizu usually wears a blue schoolboy outfit, because she never liked wearing skirts. Her outfit is a blue shirt followed by blue capris, and then navy blue slip-on shoes, the only part not included with her uniform. Mizu also may sometimes wear a blue schoolgirl hat (the only schoolgirl item the teachers could get her into), which is shaped like a sailor's hat, and has a yellow ribbon around it.

And finally, Mizu wears a talisman charm necklace around her neck. She has many, so I'll only list a couple:
    希望 (Hope)
    信頼 (Faith)
    運 (Luck)
    運命 (Destiny)
    保護 (Protect)
    健康 (Power)
    強さ (Strength)
    静穏 (Serenity)

History: Mizu's life was harsh. Let's begin at her birth. She was born in the Johto region, but her parents were foreigners from another country across the world, something by the name of Kanto. They brought her over to Kanto eventually, so Mizu could get an overall idea of what the place was like. Eventually, Mizu's mother, whom she had felt some sort of kinship with, died from an explosion in a fire when she was 7. The explosion was supposedly caused by an unknown organization with the help of Fire Pokemon, but Mizu couldn't be too sure.

The distraught Mizu soon started being teased at school, because of her "unique looks". They called her "freak", "alien", you name it. At last, Mizu couldn't take it anymore and ran away. She quickly ran into her house while her father was at work and took everything she needed. She then proceeded to leave her father a note telling him that she will be gone. Afterwards, she took off, never to be heard from again. While she ran away, though, she wondered why she was even running away from home. Her father, though not as loving as her mother, still meant plenty to Mizu. Mizu never did understand why she did this, and she would soon learn to regret it.

Eventually, Mizu received a phone call from her father; she had had a cell phone since she was 8; she was 12 now. Her father told her how much he wanted to see her, and because he sounded sad, Mizu decided to return home. When she did, however, she found her dad making out with another woman, one more vile than her mother. In shock, Mizu slammed the door behind her and ran away yet again, wishing to escape this morbid nightmare. Thus began Mizu's life of regret, wishing she had stayed with her father and would keep him away from that "witch" she had encountered.

Mizu began working odd jobs around the age of 13 to get enough cash to pay for a bunch of nights in the cheapest and dirtiest of hotels, and eventually decided to travel around, just to get away from the horrible experiences she had had before. Still in Kanto, she decided to backtrack from Cerulean City (where she was currently living; her father lived in Saffron City) all the way to Pallet Town, perhaps able to make a fresh start, and befriend a Pokemon.

Personality: Mizu is very fragile in terms of resistance to name calling and bullying, and often goes off crying. Very shy and quiet, Mizu keeps to herself and never lets the world in. However, she has studied tactics over a period of time, and has become a great tactician herself, winning most strategy games she played with the fews friends she ever had. Mizu is mostly calm in hectic situations, and often is just found sitting around in a daze. Mizu may also space out, usually thinking about strategies, but is always able to catch any important parts if someone is speaking to her.

When it comes to Pokemon, Mizu seems to strategize yet again, and she somehow finds it much easier than when she played tactics games with her friends. She also dislikes battling, but knows it's the only way to grow stronger in both her and her Pokemon's mental strength, as well as her Pokemon's physical strength. She prefers to be more defensive rather than offensive despite this, which is how most of her tactics worked. Rather than barging right in and attacking full force, Mizu lets her Pokemon lower the stats of the enemy and then strike when ready. Mizu seems to lose her shyness during battles, but quite often seems to get nervous depending on the situation.

Other info: Well, not really. I suppose Mizu likes playing Ocarina, and she's quite good at that.

Pokemon Type: Water

Starter Pokemon: Horsea, perferably Female (so I can name her Yggdra or maybe Nietzsche) with a Modest nature.

It's finished. And divided into quite a few parts >.>

And by the way, I want a Shaymin Sky Forme as a second starter please XD I know it doesn't match up to my preferred starter, but the thing is so darn cute, and it's one of the few non-uber legendaries (I'd rather not ask for Phione ;D).

Ah, if only XD

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    *Reserves psychic*

[/left]

What about double types? Or are there even double types in Kanto?
    I think those would be OK. Else, why would he have some dual types as starters? XD

Anyways, working on the SU. Should have it finished by the end of the day ("the end" being 11:59 PM YOUR time, which means 12:59 MY time XD).

Ah, beaten. Oh well.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Double types are fine.I'm going by Gen IV types.
    And Gen IV movesets.
    Just only Gen I Pokemon :]

Okay, so I am reserved, I assume?

EDIT:
    So only eight out of the eleven people that sign up (assuming that they sign up) will actually become gym leaders? Or will only eight be chosen before the RP starts? Oh, and do we choose what town are gym is? Or is this just a journey before the gym even starts?

[/bombardingw/questions...fornow]

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Well, it's 00:00 here, so I'll catch some Zees before I write mine up. I have a question first, though: will this be in chapter form or, well, how will this work out at all?

Chapter form.
    To be more specific; Every route, city, town, waterway, cave and etc. will be a chapter. That chapter will have a certain number of posts you must complete (Or do more than the specified amount.) before moving on to the next chapter.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    I'd like to know about the pokemon who can evolve into another Gen. Pokemon. Like (I reserved grass, so this is an example that applies to me) Tangela who evolves into Tangrowth. Can it evolve or not?

The Rules said:
    8. This is a Kanto RP with Kanto Pokemon.

Nope.
    Golbat won't evolve, Tangela won't evolve, Lickitung won't evolve, Clefairy won't breed to become Cleffa, etc. etc. etc.

Star_Ann_Conway

Good Girl Gone Bad
    Years
    Name: Star Conway

Appearance: Her hair is straight and always flat. Star has long blonde hair that reaches the middle of her back. Highlighted by a fairly light brown color. Her bangs are long, grown out. Part of her bangs, on the right side of her face, are tucked behind her ear. The left side hangs freely over her eye. She possesses a good amount of muscle due to her being athletic, though her female curves and natural body shape makes them less noticeable. She stands at around 5' 6'' and weights 130lbs.

She wears a white long-sleeve shirt covered by a black short-sleeve T. Her jeans are black and loosely fit to provide mobility. She wears a pair of black, square-toe, flat Knee-High Boots with a leather fold-over top. Her eyes are a bright blue, and she always wears her golden necklace with a peace-sign charm.

History: Her parents were Pokemon breeders, so Star grew up around pokemon. Helping out however she could, whether it would be feeding or grooming them. The family spent most of their lives in a small, picturesque coastal 'village' where she was born. It was relatively cut-off from the rest of the region. With the sea to the south, and a large, dense patch of evergreen forest hugging their east and west borders(where the trees grew over fifty feet tall).

Her parents made a comfortable living. The small town was very much a lax area; none of the people were shy to help out their fellow inhabitants. There was always plenty to go around, whether it be money, business, food, or simply the warmth of friendship. It was a tight-knit community. Although when it came to teens Star's age, she didn't know many people.

Lately she's been fighting with her parents alot. Star really wants to leave their quaint little town and go travel around, but they aren't having it. She tries to explain to them that things are changing. Kids leave there parents earlier these days. She wasn't a baby anymore and she wanted to see the world, meet new people. It wasn't as if they needed her around anymore. All of these arguments seemingly fell on deaf ears

Personality: Star has a sharp tongue and her temper is short. She's the type of girl that, when she gets angry she crys(Yeah....). Star is known to be brutally cut-throat with insults and overall really passionate. But truthfully, in an argument/heat of the moment, she doesn't really mean alot of the stuff she says. She simply refuses to be pushed around or patronized and has a bit of an issue when it comes to authority figures; Although she's learning to deal with it.

Growing up, she was a bit of a tomboy. Something that still echoes in her personality today. Very loud and active, she isn't afraid to get dirty. That said, she's a total crybaby. Star doesn't want people to think she's weak or anything, so she has the whole 'rough and tough' demeanor mastered. One thing she hates though is when people cry, because then it makes her cry. All in all, she has a good heart.

Other info: She was home schooled. Star can almost be described as 'nocturnal', having varying sleeping patterns and sometimes staying up the whole night drawing/sketching.

Pokemon Type: Rock/Ground

Starter Pokemon: Cubone ! and a regirock

RP Sample: Star wasn't so enthusiastic about her first time receiving her first Pokemon. One, because her father decided to escort her to the Johto Region, and completely embarrassed her on the cruise ship over. Two, because she had to wait a whole year first. In order to finish trainer school. That's right, she was 11. And Three, because she knew there weren't handing out any Snovers. She loves Snovers! But thank god she didn't have to face the humiliation of her father coming inside the lab with her. She gets tired of his old-timer jokes pretty quickly now thats she was older. She sighed, as she looked up and saw the overwhelming building that lies ahead of her. It looked like it was in tip-top shape, and probably costs a lot to keep it up.

Her air of negativity vanished as she realized she was minutes away from her new life. Her pace quickened, but the weight from the huge bag that her mom gave her slowed her down a bit. Her toe hit a rock and she stumbled forward. Mallory landed on her knees and hands, scuffing them up a bit and leaving them embarrassingly red. She stood up and rubbing her knees, hoping that that would relieve them of that vulgar color. Star sighed, knowing she couldn't do anything about it. She was mere minutes away from recieving her new companion. Ten more steps, nine more steps, eight more, seven...

She had finally reached the entrance, and was taken aback as the glass doors of the laboratory opened by motion detector. She lived in Snowpoint most of her life, so you couldn't blame her for being intimidated by technology. All you did there was throw snowballs at each other all day anyway. Star walked inside, taking note of the prestine condition of the lobby. She walked forward so she stood in the middle of the room.

Last edited:

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Okay, so I am reserved, I assume?

EDIT:
    So only eight out of the eleven people that sign up (assuming that they sign up) will actually become gym leaders? Or will only eight be chosen before the RP starts? Oh, and do we choose what town are gym is? Or is this just a journey before the gym even starts?

[/bombardingw/questions...fornow]

Ah, missed your question :x

Anyway, that part about eight trainers was accidentally left over from the plot when I made this RP a couple months back.
    Eleven is the max.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back