• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A HUGE HG/SS QUESTION

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they keep the time machine, then that can probably hint off the remake of RBE perhaps, since it is supposedly in a different time than the Johto games.

extramaster

Pokemon Diamond master
    Years
    The dsi screws up the pal park function of pokemon diamond and I think that they might not put pal park into HG/SS to "promote" the nintendo dsi

Years
    Trading to/from D/P/P is going to be done in the normal Union Room way, or over Wi-fi. There may or may not be a Network Machine quest involved, depending on how kind Game Freak are feeling.

I'd dearly love to see a Time Machine in these games which allows for bidirectional transfer of Pokémon to/from boxes on a GBA Pokémon game in Slot-2. Naturally, the usual species-moveset-item restrictions apply.

*is dreaming*

Otherwise, the Time Machine would behave just like Pal Park, in that you import six Pokémon from a GBA game on the main menu, then pick them up from some station ingame. GF may not do much more than this, if even this, since Nintendo seems to want to phase out the GBA slot with the DSi.

(lol @ DSi exclusive features vs. DS Lite/Phat exclusive features (Pal Park))

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    I just thought about it. like D/P/Pt, Dont you think that there should be a Pal Park in HG/SS? just in order to get Unobtainable Pokemon ? ( Ex : Hoenn Starters and Legendaries )

Edit by Lightning: Just fyi people, there were two threads merged into one here so if you see double posts, it probably just means they posted in both threads. You likely don't have to report them if they're double posts on pages 1-3.
    I really don't see the necessity of a Pal Park, especially considering that it wouldn't make sense (considering Kanto's right next door to Johto). A long distance trade machine a la Celio's in FRLG would make sense to get something from Sinnoh, though.

Years
    I would honestly love for Nintendo to revamp the time machine feature to resemble that of Pal Park. They should place it somewhere important and give it a nice 3-D look. To catch the pokemon maybe a mini-game in which you must press the right buttons?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You know what, what if they did something like in FRLG that allowed national trade. Having to get that Ruby and Sapphire gem, the one that occurred on the Sevii Islands.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Why do you even want to, they're way to overlevveled, and would make the game boring, it should be a fresh start with new Pokemon.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    NO ONE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT the DSi
    the last time someone said something about the time machine and won't be able to have a pal park function because of the DS they hit prinnies and blew up

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, they would have to do three things this time, but at least it'll give players something to do, rather than having a place left as a dead zone.

Pingouin_7

They should use the Time Machine in HG/SS for trading to FR/LG and it would have the same restrictions than in G/S.

"How would it work", you do ask? Well we could simply put the two games in the DS slot and the GBA slot, we get into the Time Machine, we select one Pokémon from HG/SS, then one from FR/LG, the trade proceeds and Voilà! You traded your Pokémon!

This could be useful for getting Pokémon back to GBA, since we can't trade them back with Migration.

I think it would be reasonable to make use of the Time machine to trade to FR/LG, since we used the Time Machine to trade to R/B back in these days.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't know how well the Time Machine will work out for FRLG though. I mean will it be completely compatable, and will any problems strike perhaps?

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    Maybe its a three step plan instead of just a two step this time?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    As in the three steps, what are you referring they will be?

Years
    Wait-wait-wait! If the Time Machine was existent in GSC to communicate with RBY trainers; wouldn't that ALSO imply that there'll be a new moveset? Think about it. Remember back in GSC, someone, I can't recall who, mentioned that you can only bring Pokemon into the trade room that existed in RBY's trainer's timeline AND only have moves that were current in that timeline? Well, if that logic is put into place and there is indeed a Time Machine in HGSS, then I guess it's safe to say that there would be new moves.
    Of course there will be new moves in HGSS. New moves like Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, Draco Meteor, ... :P

These moves didn't exist in Advance, so any Pokémon being sent to Advance (if that's even possible) will have to forget them.

(Trading to D/P/P will be done *without* the use of a Time Capsule. They're the same generation so no fancy means required.)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I doubt they will have Pal Park again as DSi is now out, and you can use D/P/Pt to transfer your Pokemon from GBA games and then trade it to HG/SS.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah the news moves are the ones that came with DPPt. Though, even if they bring a TIme Machine, I really can't picture it being able to transfer Pokémon from the new GSDS games to RSE or FRLG.

Years
    Yeah the news moves are the ones that came with DPPt. Though, even if they bring a TIme Machine, I really can't picture it being able to transfer Pokémon from the new GSDS games to RSE or FRLG.

I agree. The time machine idea, though sounding nice, wouldn't really work. I rather Nintendo keep the idea for the "fluff" and instead shape it to that of Pal Park. Trading with third generation games would be pointless anyways, since they lack Wi-Fi and other DS capabilities that give the pokemon games much more playtime after the story line.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they keep Pal Park then they are smart, because then they know that not everyone has a DSi, and it'll take time.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    If they made the Time Machine, it would be in also be in D/P/Pt.

Back