• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Journey (13+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Just as Emma managed to calm herself down, the girl with the green bandana approached her. Fate must have decided not to give her a break that day, but Emma knew better than to cause a scene. She forced herself to look sweet and pleasant towards the newcomer and resisted every urge to tell her off.

"Hello," she said, with a tone that sounded as sweet as hot sugar. "My name is Emma. It's nice to meet you."

With that, she turned her eyes back towards the crowd, trying to crane her neck around the heads in front of her to get a better view. Meanwhile, she hoped that the other girl wouldn't distract her when her name was going to be called. The last thing she wanted was to be skipped over.

"What Pokemon do you think you'll be getting?" Emma asked. It was feigned interest which she tried to pass off as a result of focusing more on the professor at that moment.

She, of course, held her tongue about what she figured she'd receive. When Elm explained that he'd carefully matched the new trainers with appropriate Pokemon, there was no doubt in her mind that she could only receive one of the best Pokemon -- if not the best -- he had to offer. At that thought, she couldn't help but grin.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
"I'm not sure what he'll give me," Amelia replied, glad to at least have someone to talk with. She could tell before she greeted Emma that she was going to become bored and agitated quickly without something to occupy herself with. Now, perhaps she had a conversation to enjoy. Maybe, if she was lucky, even a new friend?

"Well, I hope nothing weak. Maybe something cute. At least, I hope so," she continued, realizing how naiive and young she must have sounded. Something told her Emma was the serious kind of person who looked for more maturity in the people she met. But, Amelia was ten. What more could be expected?

"My sister's got a Pokemon," Amelia added eagerly, finding something worthy of... well, bragging about. That was what she was doing, when she thought about it. "It's a Cyndaquil. Pretty tough one, too. I'll probably get a Pokemon who's cute, strong, and cool, just like hers."

Suddenly, after mentioning her sister, she felt a little more comfortable for some odd reason. Maybe it was because she was thinking of home...

OOC: I can't help but notice how amusing it is to RP Amelia right now... Am I the only one enjoying how different it is to control a ten-year-old child? :P

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Emma glanced at the other trainer. Cute Pokemon, eh? So, the girl had something in common with her. No big deal. She wasn't about to take that bait and let her guard down just because someone understood the power of a cute Pokemon. Besides, there had to have been better female trainers around to make friends with.

So, she tried to keep her distance, responding with a nod every so often as she stared past the crowd to Professor Elm. When was her name going to be called? Impatience was already nagging at her.

When Amelia mentioned having a sister, Emma glanced at her again. Now, she was going on about a Cyndaquil her sister owned and how it was cute and strong. Emma briefly thought about Nina and how she hoped Nina wouldn't be as annoying as this girl, but on the other hand, Nina was pretty annoying to begin with (so there wasn't much hope there).

Finally, when Amelia finished, Emma shrugged.

"Cyndaquil are okay, but if you really want a cute and powerful Pokemon, nothing's better than Chikorita," she said. "If you get a tough one, a Cyndaquil wouldn't stand a chance against its powders, and Chikorita has an adorable face, too."

(OOC: I'm just enjoying controlling someone this obnoxious. XD It is fantastic, though, playing a character that's younger than me and trying to make her sound like she's younger than me.)

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
The next to DJ's temple began to throb, his anger and impatience rising as he still waited outside the room where the firt thirty people had entered. This better really take this goddamn long, or I'm going to take my new starter pokemon and have them beat Proffessor Birch into the ground. Waiting. The one thing I've never had patience for. It was obvious, from DJ's thoughts, he wasn't going to last much longer just leaning against the wall. He glanced around some more, taking notice of a couple trainers, but didn't seem to find anyone or anything worth his time. Atleast, not right now. Most likely later, he'd attempt a conversation with someone. Emphasis on 'attempt'.

"This is so stupid" muttered DJ under his breath. He adjusted himself on the wall, getting into a more comfortable position, and then closed his eyes and continued waiting.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
"Well," Amelia replied to Emma, enjoying the prospect of a possible debate starting now, "I wouldn't be so sure of that. You know, Cyndaquil is supposed to be pretty fast, compared to Chikorita. A strong enough Fire attack would knock out any Grass Type in no time."

She was about to go on, but she realized how pointless it would be to compare Cyndaquil and Chikorita when out of hundreds of Pokemon there was a tiny chance either of them would be given those exact Pokemon. Maybe I should shift the conversation a bit, she thought, 'cause this might get a bit too childish for her liking... Amelia recalled the sense of maturity and self-pride she had noticed in Emma. The quickest way to end the conversation would be to make it into something pointless.

"I actually don't think I'll get a Cyndaquil, though. Just something like it. Like... Vulpix. That would be nice."

Amelia imagined opening her first Pokeball to reveal a tiny, puppy-like creature, warm and soft to the touch, with a pair of adorable eyes that stared up at her as she admired its many tails. She imagined the same Pokemon in a battle against a Chikorita, shooting a stream of embers from its mouth and eventually winning the match. A feeling of excitement pulsed through her viens as she slowly pushed the thoughts away, despite how delightfully enchanting they were. It was just as unlikely she'd recieve a Vulpix, and she knew it. But that was okay. There were plenty of other cute Pokemon out there, be them Fire Types (the only Type she was extremely familiar with in battle) of some other varitey.

Emma was looking more and more anxious as names were called. This remined Amelia of her own name. Of course, before she even found out what her starter would be, Professor Elm had to call her name. The hopes and daydreams of Vulpix and Cyndaquil faded away with this painful realization, and were replaced with the typical proceeding impatience she was so familiar with.

"I know how you feel," Amelia said suddenly to Emma, "You're not the only one who hates waiting. I really wish he'd just hurry up already with all these kids. We all just wanna get it over with!"

OOC: Obnoxious characters are fun. Oh yeah, Oni Raichu? Are we supposed to decide for ourselves when Elm calls our character's name, or were you intending to control the Professor yourself entirely? Also, do we need you to post for Elm when he does call our character's name, or will we just try to stay on personality and work with him ourselves?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Marvalo was sitting down. He was wondering how he would show his authority to the ten year olds around him without sounding to obnoxious. The boy was aware that a lot of people in the room were people that just go with the flow, to scared of being hated to be in any way independent. He knew that if he cut off the head, the body would follow, so he was searching the crowd, trying to find faces brimming with defiance or conversations filled with arguments. There was quite a loud one going on right beside him; a brown-haired girl and a ginger were talking about something, he wasn't sure what but he could see from their faces that they weren't people that listen to music because they're friends thought it was 'raving'.

He stood up and walked slowly and quietly up behind the two girls to make sure he could hear what they were arguing about. "Well," The first said, she was a tad bit taller than the ginger. "I wouldn't be so sure of that. You know, Cyndaquil is supposed to be pretty fast, compared to Chikorita. A strong enough Fire attack would knock out any Grass Type in no time."

Marvalo would've clapped his hands together if he hadn't wanted to be seen behind them. This was the perfect time to show off his knowledge on the three Johto starters. Now he could impose his authority and hopefully get a bit of respect from these two girls. With people like the two he was beside, you never got full respect, it had to grow and grow, especially if they were girls. "Well, Totodile would absolutely destroy Cyndaquil as it's a Water-Type, and Cyndaquil is a Fire-Type. The name's Bond, Marvalo Bond, by the way." He nodded to the two girls. Marvalo stopped and would've kicked himself, except he didn't need any more pain. He realised how stupid he must've looked, just saying that Water-Types were super effective against Fire-Types, and he hadn't even mentioned stats! How stupid was that? Now he was certain the two girls would look down on him as a stereotype.

Marvalo never had the chance to make amends to his mistake though, as Oak opened the door and a blonde-haired kid that could only be Teddy Underwood ran out of it with a red and white sphere in his hands, looking overjoyed. Oak peered at his list before looking up at the crowd. "Is Amelia Yukon here?"

The room went deathly quiet.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Amelia looked up, surprised to hear her name called so soon. She nervously glanced at Emma and the boy who had just introduced himself as Marvalo. Well, darn it, she thought furiously, Boys! Of course Totodile could beat Cyndaquil! If only Oak wasn't calling my name right now... She sighed. At least she was getting her Pokemon. Her conversation with Emma could maybe pick up when she got back.

Pushing through the crowd once more, Amelia made her way to the front of the room and came to stand before the Professor.

"I'm Amelia," she said simply, looking up at the man. Now she was growing a bit intimidated. What Pokemon would he give her? And what would she be told?

"Come with me," Oak replied, a friendly smile on his face. The door came shut behind Amelia, and she could faintly hear the murmuring voices of the other twenty-nine children rising again.

She was in another room, a bit smaller than the one where the kids were. More notably, what looked like expensive Pokemon-related equipment stood in various places; lining the walls, mainly, along with a few book cases and high-tech-looking computers. The whole room was metallic, and in its center stood Professor Elm. Oak came to join him, leading Amelia close behind. She tried as hard as she could to be silent and polite, despite the raging excitement she felt inside her. It was proving quite a challenge to do this, however.

"What kind of Pokemon am I getting?" she asked quickly, finding herself nervous, anxious, and overjoyed all simultaniously.

"Open this Pokeball and see for yourself," Elm responded in quite a humored manner. In his hand was a red and white sphere, a thin circle of black lining its circumference, with a tiny button on the front. Amelia pulled it from his hand, feeling the cold, metallic surface as she held it tight and pushed in that small, round button that would release her new partner and companion...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
When Marvalo interrupted their conversation to input what he knew about Totodile, Emma couldn't help but give him an odd look. All of a sudden, Amelia didn't seem as annoying anymore. Anyone, she thought, with half a brain knew basic type matchups, and for that reason, everyone worth mentioning already knew that Water-types could drown Fire in a moment. It was a feat of amazing mental and physical skills that could get a Grass-type to defeat a Fire-type, the way she'd seen the girls at Celadon Gym wipe the floor with challengers' Growlithe and Charmeleon while she was growing up.

"That's nice," she finally said to Marvalo. "I'm sure Chikorita would be able to beat them both, though, if given proper training. It's not as fast as Cyndaquil, but I know they can use Light Screen and Poisonpowder. As for Totodile, it can just absorb water and use Razor Leaf right back."

Emma turned back to crane her neck in an effort to see where Amelia was going. She felt a little envious for the other girl, who no longer had to wait to get her Pokemon, whatever it might be, but Emma consoled herself by insisting that she'd get something far cuter and more powerful than whatever the other was receiving. In the meantime, part of her wanted her name to be called right then, and part of her, the part that took a smug delight in her answer to what she thought was a very simple statement, wanted to hear the boy's response.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Conversation satred among the trainers as pokemon were being passed out. Brady heard a conversation go on about the Johto starters, but he didn't care on going it. The sooner he got his pokemon and left the lab, the better.

Professor Elm called on a peppy looking girl who walked up and took the red and white poke ball. Brady remembered her being kind of annoying outside the lab. But really, who cared. His only friends were pokemon. Stop thinking like that, thought Brady. Remember that you're here to break your shyness.

Brady took a deep breath and decided to butt into a conversation until he heard a name. His name. Brady whirled around and saw the professor looking at him. It was his turn. Brady's heart pounded as he walked up to the professor. He handed him a poke ball.

"Here," said the professor, smiling at Brady's stunned reaction.

Brady couldn't believe it. He was holding his first poke ball. Desperate to see his first pokemon he slid his index finger over the button in the middle of the ball.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
OOC: Here goes a super-long post... Yay for starter Pokemon! :D Oh, and Pika_Master414, this post can be considered to take place just before yours, in case this is a bit confusing.

In a flash of light, the Pokeball split open. A bright white burst of energy emerged and travelled down to the floor, seeming to explode with a miraculous sensation of excitement for Amelia. Ever so slowly, it cleared away, and the first Pokemon Amelia would befriend appeared.

The little thing was curled up tightly, and at first she thought it was not a Pokemon, but a peculiar yellow ball. Then she noticed its breathing, and saw tufts of white fur sticking out on its sides. Its whole back was a curled, round orb of bricklike golden-brown patterns in this position, and she could barely see a pair of triangular ears poking out from under what she guessed was its head.

"Oh, Sandshrew!" Elm said to the Pokemon in an encouraging tone, "It's okay. This is Amelia, your new trainer!"

"A... Sandshrew?" Amelia asked quizically. This wasn't exactly what she'd expected. She had been hoping for something neat and noticable, like a sparky little Shinx or a flaming Ponyta. But Sandshrew was just... well, plain. Ordinary. Nothing special. The look of disdain on her face was quite obvious for a few seconds. Then, the tiny creature nervously uncoiled itself.

Amelia turned her head down to her new Pokemon, and the first look it gave her melted her heart. Those eyes, big and black, stared up at her with hope and worry. Ears held slightly back, tail curled arounds its back paws... It almost looked scared of her. Please accept me, its eyes begged helplessly. Please. All I want is a loving trainer...

That was all it took. She scooped up the Sandshrew in her arms and gave it a tight hug. As if acknowledging her acceptance, it let her do this and made a small sound that was remotely similar to a purr. The white fur on its underbelly was so soft... as it it had never before been touched by anything...

"Haha," Oak laughed, "It looks like you two are already friends. That's good. We could tell based on what we'd heard about you that Sandshrew would be your perfect starter out of the bunch! You'll see that he's really quite friendly, and he's also quite a good battler as well. Just a bit shy at first; that's all."

So it's a he, eh? Amelia thought to herself, looking at the Sandshrew again, who was contently resting in her arms with a sleepy look.

"I suppose we'll have to give you these, now, Amelia," Professor Elm said, handing her five shrunken Pokeballs and a handheld device. Amelia set down Sandshrew and accepted the items, clipping the Pokeballs to her special belt (her mom got it for her saying it was specifically for this purpose). Upon seeing her confused expression while looking at the device, Elm's eyes widened. "So I see you're not familiar with the Pokedex! It's something most trainers use. Whenever you meet a Pokemon, it automatically records data on it to let you keep track of how many you've seen. It also comes with plenty of extra features, but you can figure them out for yourself later."

"Well, I'm assuming you know the basics of what to do, right?" Oak asked. "After all, you know about raising Pokemon if I'm correct, with your grandparants running the Day Care and Breeding Center back in Solaceon?" Amelia nodded, shoving the Pokedex into her right pocket. Besides, even if she did have trouble, she'd manage to find out what to do on her own with experience.

"Alright, then," Elm said conclusively, "Take care on your journey. And good luck with Sandshrew, too!"

"Should I put him back in his Pokeball now?" Amelia asked.

Elm shrugged. "You can if you want to. You don't have to, though."

Amelia picked her Pokemon up again, and with that, she stepped out of he room, Sandshrew in one arm and his Pokeball in the opposite hand.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Dustin's father had told him that he was an exception. He was the only one in the crowd that already had a Pokemon.

"Professor Oak will understand. He was the one who gave me permission to get Teddiursa for you in the first place. You'll just have to wait in line like the others, and when you're called, you'll get your Pokeballs and your Pokedex."

Dustin hoped that his father was right.

However, he was much more worried about the possibility of the other kids' resent. He was in a large mob of children, but inside, he felt as if he were completely alone. The Pokeball in his jacket pocket was the dividing wall between himself and the rest of the line.

He then shrugged in an attempt to relax himself. He, as usual, remained under the radar, and quietly edged over to the door so that he would be able to enter at a moment's notice. No sooner than he had made it to the door, it swung open. As several kids jumped back to evade being hit with the door, Dustin sprung forward and made it inside just before it was closed.

"Whoa, there," laughed a bespectacled man in a lab coat. "You'll get your starter soon enough, young man."

"Actually," Dustin mumbled, "I have to talk to someone about that."

With an eyebrow raised, Elm's assistant replied.

"Are you the Blackwood kid?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. Follow me," the assistant said. "Professor Oak told me you might be coming today." He led Dustin past the other children toward a metal door. It was labeled with a peeling sticker: SUPPLY ROOM - RESTRICTED ACCESS.

"After you," Elm's assistant said, opening and holding the door for Dustin.

"Thanks."

The room was a dull, almost frozen blue-grey. A single light glowed in the center of the room, and beneath it was a cardboard box with the word POKEBALLS was written in black permanent marker. The tape which once held it shut was jaggedly cut, as if the box were opened in a hurry. Elm's assistant took five of the small Pokeballs and handed them to Dustin.

"You'll be using these on your journey. I'm sure you already know how to capture a Pokemon, but for protocol's sake, I've been asked to refresh your memory." The assistant shook his head cynically, but quickly made eye contact with Dustin once more. "You use your own Pokemon to weaken the opponent in battle. Then you throw the Pokeball, and hopefully it'll work out in your favor, though some Pokemon aren't strong enough to be contained in mere Pokeballs, such as..." He trailed off in thought, and then decided laughably upon the biggest Pokemon he could think of. "Waillord."

Dustin laughed a little. He didn't really laugh because it was funny, but instead he was appreciative of the assistant's efforts to make the experience fun for him, even though it was different than that of a typical beginning trainer. The assistant smiled, and proceeded to a nearby shelf which had stacks of Pokedexes lined up, just waiting to be handed out to incoming trainers. He grabbed one haphazardly, and two more fell. He caught one with his other hand, and managed to get the other one balanced between his shoulder and his left hand. He leaned over to Dustin.

"Can you give me a hand?" he asked lightly.

"Sure."

Dustin took the third Pokedex in order to make it easier for the assistant.

"Thanks." The assistant put the other two back on the shelf. "You're now ready to head off on your journey, Dustin. Have fun." The assistant shook Dustin's hand and led him to the side exit.

"Bye," Dustin said. He then walked off toward the grass, hoping that his travels wouldn't be very lonely.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
DJ started glowing green and then grew 4 times his size and became the Hulk. Then he started pummeling all the trainers and broke down then door and stole all the pokemon and went on his journey and took over the world. The End!

DJ, who was still leaning against the wall, decided he was going to pester and bug the hell out of one of the assistants until he got into that room or the assistant just gave him his stuff instead. Looking around the room, DJ finally spotted one and made his way over to the assistant and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Yes, can I help you young man?"

"Yes."

"Okay..what do you need?"

"My pokemon, pokedex and pokeballs."

"Well your supposed to wait in line for the proffessor."

"Well," started DJ, "I have been waiting in line forever. And your my new best friend, and I'm just going to follow you everywhere you go until you give me what I want." A teardrop appeared on the assistants head, him knowing well that a little kid who wanted something would hold out for an extremely long time before caving in to what the adult said.

"Fine," whispered the assistant, "follow me but be quiet and if you tell anyone I'll take your pokemon right back and you'll have to wait another year!"DJ smiled, his plan had worked and he was now following the assistant through a door to recieve his pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
As soon as Amelia stepped out of the door, the group of kids became instantly interested in the Pokemon she held in her arm. There were some gasps of excitement, and even a few glares of envy. She had expected this though. After all, she was the second person to recieve her starter Pokemon. Amelia stuck her tongue out rudely at one boy who gave her a jealous look, then proceeded to walk on past him and the rest of the kids.

Sandshrew tilted his head up to look at her. The Professor had said he was shy. All the people had to be making him nervous. Amelia, in an attempt to comfort him, whispered the words "It's okay," in his ear, and continued to head for the back of the room. Why the back? In the back of her mind, she was hoping Emma was still there. When she did reach the back, she as lucky to find the red-haired girl, but that boy was also still standing there.

"Hey," Amelia greeted, casting the boy a quick glance. What was his name? Marvalo? "I was wondering, Emma, after you get your starter... Would you like to have a battle? I want to see what this Sandshrew is capable of."

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
As soon as Amelia closed the door behind her, people began talking again. Marvalo turned to the ginger to try and fix his foolish mistake.

"That's nice," The ginger said before Marvalo opened his mouth. "I'm sure Chikorita would be able to beat them both, though, if given proper training. It's not as fast as Cyndaquil, but I know they can use Light Screen and Poisonpowder. As for Totodile, it can just absorb water and use Razor Leaf right back."

Marvalo knew that he had to say something intellectual and profound to stop her thinking that he was an idiot. He thought for a second before staring into her eyes, he had read somewhere that if you stare into someone's eyes during a heated argument or conversation, the person you're talking to is more likely to be intimidated. "Of course, any Pokemon could beat any Pokemon so long as it was given proper training, that goes without saying." The boy decided he would try to find a flaw in her plan. "And besides, a Cyndaquil could easily blow the Poisonpowder away with an Ember attack, as for the Light Screen, well, Cyndaquil has Leer and Smog, which would help bide time until the Light Screen were to faze out." Marvalo wasn't sure if 'faze out' was even a proper phrase, but he decided it sounded smart so it was the right word to use. "Also, what if the Razor Leaf were to miss Totodile and it used a Bite or a Scratch attack? Chikorita would not be able to take too many of them, I can assure you." Marvalo bite his lip, trying not to smile. He realised he had forgotten his manners. "Oh, and what's your name?"

The boy was going to mention stats as well but decided to leave it at that. While he waited for the ginger girl to reply, he stood on tiptoe to see if the brown-haired girl had come back out yet.

Years
I dunno if you're still excepting characters, but...

Name: Alyson Jessica Parker

Personality: Alyson often acts like a typical bratty 10 year old. She's not exactly a good loser, or a graceful winner. She gets angry really easily, and sometimes acts like she's half her age. However, despite what might seem like snobbiness, Alyson actually has really low self esteem for a 10 year old. She may seem like she doesn't care if you say something mean to her, but it really hurts her on the inside.

If you can get past all of her brattiness, Alyson is actually a really nice person. Her smile can brighten your day, and she isn't afraid to be really nice with her friends. However, with strangers, she is really shy, and sometimes she doesn't talk at all.

History: Alyson grew up in a big family. She has an older 15 year old sister named Bridget, an older 12 year old brother named Aaron, a younger 9 year old sister named Katie, a younger 8 year old brother named Ryan, and a younger 5 year old sister named Erin. She grew up with two loving parents in the city of Pallet Town her whole life.

However, kids started teasing her at the age of 6. They didn't really have a good reason other than to hurt her feelings. They were simply jealous because she was a lot better looking than most kids. Unfortunately for Alyson, she didn't realize this and took the teasing to heart, which seriously lowered her self esteem. Nothing happened that was really big for the next 4 years. Now, she is a 10 year old eager to begin her journey.

Appearance: Alyson is actually very pretty for her age. She has long, dark brown hair that flows down hair back to a little past her shoulder blades. Her eyes are an amazing shade of purple. (because after all, in the world of Pokemon, there's no duch thing as an unusual eye/hair color) She has extremely pale skin. She is very thin and short, being 4'6" and 40 lbs. For clothing, Alyson keeps it simple with a plain, white t-shirt, blue jeans, and white flip flops. Because she is only 10, she wears no makeup.

Hometown: Pallet Town

Preferred Starter Pokemon: Pick it for me, didn't you say something about doing that?

Preferred Starter Region: Kanto, why not?

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Emma narrowed her eyes. Boys were so simple.

"So, do you honestly think that a little bit of fire can blow away an entire cloud of poisonous dust?" she asked as she put her hands on her hips. "And anyway, honestly, Leer? What would that do with a move that's mostly blocked by Light Screen anyway?" She tossed her hair over her shoulder again as she emphasized her words to make it sound like she was painfully reminding Marvalo of something. "Besides, if Totodile tries to Bite and Scratch Chikorita, she can always use Magical Leaf as another defense. That never misses."

Although Emma didn't know much about Pokemon in general, she'd at least read a bit about the Johto starters, and she'd seen her fair share of Chikorita from the girls who worked at the Celadon Gym on top of that. She thought it gave her a bit of an edge.

When Amelia came back, it almost felt like a relief to Emma. The boy, whose name she really didn't care to memorize, was starting to be a bit of an annoyance. She could sense a streak of arrogance and a bit of attitude, and it reminded her too much of, well, her. And if she could compare a boy to herself, she wasn't going to take it well.

So, instead, she cracked a smile at Amelia at the offer.

"Absolutely," she said. "I'd love to have my first battle with you." If only, she thought, to show this boy I know what I'm doing.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Brady clicked the button of the center of the ball and red light exploded from the ball. A small figure came out and then the light disappeared. Brady looked down at his new pokemon.

It was a very small, blue pokemon with a large tail that it used to sit on. It looked like a timid pokemon with slanted eyes and a small mouth. Brady picked up his pokemon and looked at it.

"Hi," Brady said. He smiled as he saw the pokemon's face. "So, you're my new pokemon. I'm your trainer, uh uh..."

Brady didn't know what this pokemon's name was. So he just let the conversation go until he received his pokedex.

"Azurill!" Brady shouted. "Your name is Azurill."

The pokemon just looked at him blankly.

"Well, let's go before everyone tries to battle me," said Brady. He recalled hs pokemon and headed for the door.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
Ok, Oni. You've inspired me to try this RP you speak of. I hope I've done everything correctly :/

Name: Chase Munroe

Personality: Chase is a very loyal person. He believes that loyalty and respect are the two most important traits a person should have. He's never let any of his friends down, and he's always been right beside them if ever they should fall. Sometimes, Chase takes things a little too far. He'll fight for anything his friends believe in, even if he know's they're wrong. This sometimes gets Chase into alot of trouble, and he's seen his fair share of fights.

Though he can be rather stubborn, he seems to make friends with ease. He doesn't try to take charge of the situation. Other children feel comfortable around him, and begin to open up. Because Chase respects other children's opinions so much, he's very easy to get along with.

Chase might seem like a very serious person, but inside, he's a fun loving, energetic child. And he's not afraid to show it. He doesn't try to hide his emotions for fear that others might think him "un cool". Instead, he makes his thoughts and feelings known, and waits for others to come to him.
He's a very selfless person, and doesn't mind making sacrifices for the good of others. He doesn't mind being "second best", or even "third best" for that matter. He considers himself an important part of any group, and to him, that's all that matters.

Because Chase is usually seeing things through someone else's point of view, he has trouble forming is own perspective on things. When faced with a difficult decision, Chase depends on others to decide what to do for him. He goes into panic mode if he's alone, and is unable think straight. He makes rash and hasty decisions, sometimes leading to bitter endings. Chase is a true follower, and is willing to put himself on the line for others.

History: Born on Cinnabar Island, Chase has always been fascinated by Fire Type Pokemon. In his early youth, he spent most of his time watching hopeful trainers challenge the Gym Leader, Blaine. He would sometimes even skip school to watch, wide-eyed, as over-confident trainers would get pummelled by Blaines fierce Arcanine. He would later suffer the conciquence of missing school, which Chase thought was well worth it. Seeing Blaine battle inspired Chase to make one of the only decisions he'd ever make for himself in his life; he vowed to someday become leader of the Cinnibar Island Gym.

At and early age, Chase's parents filed for a divorce. They just wanted different things, and decided it was best to be apart. A couple months later, Chase found himself riding the back of a rather large Mantine every second weekend to Fuchsia City, where his mother had moved to.
Chase's mother and father used to fight alot over Chase. Loving both of his parents equally, he decided to not participate in choosing who's house he's spend the summer in. He didn't want to hurt someones feelings. He did, however, make sure they knew that he loved them both very, very much, as they did him.

Eventually, it was decided that Chase would spend half the summer at his mother's, while the other half would be spent back at Cinnabar Island with his father. Him and his father, an ex-trainer, share a very tight bond. He would tell Chase about all his adventures he had as a trainer. His father is the only person Chase has ever told about his dream of running the Gym.

Appearance: With his father having a jamaican background, Chase's skin is a darkish-brown. He stands 5' 3'' tall, and is rather skinny. He has long, brown dreadlocks, about shoulder length, that he ties in a large pony tail. He is often told he has his fathers deep, brown eyes. His rather flat nose fits perfectly above his wide lips, which seem to have a bad habit of twitching whenever Chase get's frustrated.

Living on Cinnabar Island, Chase has seldom suffered from cold weather. If he's not topless, he's wearing a stretched, white undershirt. His long, blue, bathingsuit-like shorts are tied above his waist with a piece of brown rope. On his feet, he wears big, brown hightops, with a white Nike check on the outsides.

He has a small, gold hoop in his right ear. On his neck, you'll find a spherish pendant his mother gave to when he was eight. He considers it good luck, and never takes it off.
Chase also where's a worn, brown glove, cut off at the fingers, on his right hand to cover up a nasty burn he recieved a while back. It reminds him that not all Fire Pokemon want to be friends.

Hometown: Cinnabar Island, Kanto

Preferred Starter Pokemon: I don't want my character to be one of those cliche "I like fire, but I got grass... stupid grass. Oh, wait! I've just discovered a Pokemon's type doesn't matter! I love you, grass!". No, I actually want him to recieve a Fire Type Pokemon. I have a backup idea, but for now, you guys can decide.

Preferred Starter Region: Johto, because my character will fit in perfectly the way Oni and Chabz have gone about thier adventure.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Seeing as my multi-quote refuses to work for me again, I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way.

Motsuko Live is accepted and after speaking privately with him, we decided that his character should be accompanied by a Growlithe.

Chika is also accepted, now, I don't know about you guys, but I really think that Squirtle fits her character. Any objections?

Also, I'll edit this post with a roleplaying post as soon as I fix my Microsoft Word problem.

Years
OOC- A Squirtle! That works perfectly. I will name it Shell! ^_^ EDITED POST, because you're right. I rushed things a bit.

Alyson woke up, excited as ever. She sprang out of bed, and ran down the stairs. She had never been this excited before. "MOM! Today's the day I get my Pokemon!" Her mom smiled at her excitement. "Sweetie, what Pokemon are you going to pick?" "BULBASAUR!" She exclaimed happily. "I love the grass type! If not, Charmander works too! But not Squirtle... I hate the water type..." "Hate is a strong word, Alyson. I'm sure there's at least one water type you like." "Not... really..." Alyson said. "At least, none that I can think of."

She then ran out of the house. She accidently slammed the door because she was rushing. She could hear off in the distance, "Don't slam the door, sweetie!" She almost tripped over herself. She was so excited, she felt like she was going to explode. She ran into the door. "Hi Professor!" The Professor frowned at her. "Alyson, you're late." She frowned too. She didn't even look at the clock in her excitement. "Why, what time is it...?" Oak looked at the clock on the wall. "11:30. But lucky for you, we still have one starter left." Alyson hoped to herself it was Bulbasaur. Most of the kids in the neightborhood seemed to prefer the water or fire type anyways. "Well, see for yourself." She threw the Pokeball. A blue turtle came out. "Squirtle!" It cried.

"WHAT?!" She screamed. "You HAVE to be KIDDING ME!" Alyson was throwing one of her fits again. "Calm down, Alyson. What's wrong with a Squirtle?" "I HATE the water type!" "Well, it's either that, or you're going to have to wait another month for another three to come in." Alyson frowned again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back