• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A n00b training center?

Deoxysguy

Deoxyaholic AND Scizorholic
    Years
    I am new but I'm not a n00b, I can assure you that.

I'm for it. I mean I wouldn't be offended by it. That doesn't mean the majority of them would listen. My friend is typing that way to be "cool" it isn't though. I really agree on anything you guys have said. It's sensible to reduce the amount of n00bs by any amount. I don't know if anybody would agree with me but its just my 2 cents.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    training center...normally they would just start spamming right away for those serious cases, but it may be useful...however, it might be sort of insulting to the more experienced forum posters...

instead i would say to slap this "Guide to Forum Etiquette" in the Welcome area somewhere noticeable

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    XD This is sure not to work....when you mean 'proper members', do you mean multiple accounts? And btw, do you have any idea how many people join a day? I think it would be hell to check every new member every day for an IP scan...and then, if they are new, and newbies and not n00bs, there would be a certain predjudice against them with your idea.

Meh, when newbies did spam a lot, at first I thought it was because they didn't get it but now I know that it basically is an attack on PC. Not all newbies can be trusted but there ARE more proper newbies than there are n00bs, you just can't tell because you hear about the n00bs more often.

BluePhoenix

http://www.pokefusion.com
    Years
    I think that building this training center would be a waste XD Because once someone gets used to words like 2day and 4u they actually like using them because they think it saves them a lot of time. And as Kenny said a layout for n00bs with pop-ups like DON'T CLICK HERE pages, it will also be a waste because the n00bs will get annpyed with getting through this same thing over and over again and later they will not even use the skin! And there are many people who just don't even care about reading the rules.

Here's a bit of my idea, set a PM sender in PC. Whenever someone joins PC he/she will get a PM telling him/her to go and read the rules. That might help instead of creating a school for n00bs!

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    I actually like that idea BluePhoenix. nOObs love PMs in general. I can think of times when I have sent a nOOb a warning through PM and they have PMed me back saying, "Sorry, but I so excited this is only my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd PM". But is it possible to have an automated PM be sent out?

I still think even with this PM feature we would have non-rule abiding persons. Rule breakers have been around since the beginning of time, and there will never be an end to them. I think helping nOObs along is an idea that could be done, but there is such a massive amount of nOObs to be helped. It is almost impossible.

Also, remember, that only a fraction of nOObs actually stay on PC. They come, post a bit, and then leave. I think it would be an utter waste of precious time to guide nOObs in the correct direction.

When the staff warn nOObs for rule breaking it is because we care about them enough to want to lead them in the correct direction. That is true for everyone. We are only trying to provide you with the best experiance possible in our little corner of the world. The staff does their job, and I think many nOObs are turned into good members through minimal staff direction.

BluePhoenix

http://www.pokefusion.com
    Years
    The Hunk said:
    I actually like that idea BluePhoenix. nOObs love PMs in general. I can think of times when I have sent a nOOb a warning through PM and they have PMed me back saying, "Sorry, but I so excited this is only my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd PM". But is it possible to have an automated PM be sent out?

Yup! It's fully possible to have an automated PM sending. I used to have it in my old forum to welcome new members. But it can be sent from only one person so all the staff has to decide which member will be able to send the aut PMs.

Years
    I don't really like teh idea. Not all n00bs do it to be annoying, yeah, but most of them do. I also thinks calling them n00bs is an insult in itself. They just wouldn't really want help because they know how to type, (or should do if they're over 10) but think 'text speak' is cool... They just wouldn't come anymore if you did that. They'd just get peed off. I mean, f they wanted it, fine, but any decent teen knows how to write properly, and most wouldn't appreciate being told what to do by another kid their age.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    ._.'' I thought this died.. oh well. I rather like the idea of the vB popups though - even if it would tend to be annoying.
    This is why you turn them off.

BluePhoenix just took the idea I had D:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Airashii said:
    That's more of a guide on how to not piss off the PC vets, if anything. Rewrite it and then it will be suitable.
    ya i suppose that is kinda true XD...you/someone could rewrite it to make it more suitable for the newer ones meh XD

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I wouldn't mind making another one. I liked the old one Paul did though :\

btw, what was wrong with it? o.o Meh, hopefully I can make a good one ^^;;

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

I don't see what the sense of having a training center would be. Believe me, there's millions out there in the world who are just born to be trolls. And they're not all just people like Keith Butkovich, listenbuddy, NotAShockJock, ravenstorture, etc.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Why do you people keep revivng this....this thread is done and over with. Everyone convinced the thread starter to say that it was a bad idea (which it is) and now it's kaput. Everything else will just be pointless SPAM and derivative nothings...

so stop...please

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Chibi-chan said:
    I wouldn't mind making another one. I liked the old one Paul did though :\

btw, what was wrong with it? o.o Meh, hopefully I can make a good one ^^;;
    I liked the guide I had too o______________o

</angers Denver>

Back