• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new Ice-type user!

~Glacia~Frost~

~Ice-type Trainer~
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2013
    ** Glacia used Icy Wind! **

Hey everyone!~^_^~

I've been on here before but just now decided to make a post here!~

While I am not a big fan of Ice-type Pokémon in general I just happen to have an affinity for Ice-types myself, having an idea for an OC (though without a graphic representation) who uses Ice-type attacks and trains Pokémon that counter Ice-type's weaknesses. I may have a graphic sometime but I don't know when!

I often look in the fangames section and considered making one myself but I lack the resources to do so. I had an idea of a fire and ice motif where there are three core cities, one ruled by fire in the south, one ruled by ice in the north and the third is the most populated city in the region, between the fire city and the ice city. There's more cities in the region, but I won't go into more details here because it's only my first post here!

So yeah, that's all I'll say for now.

~Glacia the Frost
    Ice-type Trainer

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • **tabor62's speed fell!**

Hey there ~Glacia~Frost~, welcome to PokeCommunity. If you aren't a big fan of Ice-types, what type happens to be your favorite? Mine happens to be Fire-types since I really like fire (no I'm not a pyromaniac).

If you have an idea for an OC, you may want to check out one or more of the following sections: Art & Design, Fan Fiction & Writing, and the Roleplay Corner. If you get any sort of ideas, feel free to share them here :D

Also I noticed that you have an idea for a ROM hack. The Emulation section (which you have already seen) definitely has tips, tools, and the help you need to start your very own ROM hack. I look forward to seeing your idea there in the future as I myself like to play ROM hacks.

Also, I was wondering what Pokemon games you have and are currently playing.

In any case, I hope you enjoy your time here :D

~Glacia~Frost~

~Ice-type Trainer~
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2013
    I don't really favor one type over all others except for specific circumstances, such as Fire-types for things like traversing lava and firewalking, and Water-types for Surfing :P

And my idea is not for a ROM hack but rather a separate game that doesn't depend on the mechanics of the standard Pokémon games like the stats and damage calculations; I want to have some freedom in that regard!

I have a copy of White 2 that I play on occasions but far from every day at the moment, I might play it a little more often sometime but not sure when.... and I can't figure out the Wi-Fi connection thing so I don't have a Friend Code.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • I suppose in that case you were talking about the Game Development and using RPG Maker and other assorted tools I have no idea about.

If you need help for setting up Wi-Fi, feel free to PM me about it or ask for help from a mod or in a forum here. In regards to that, if you find the instructions we provide aren't enough, screenshots can help us figure out what you may be doing wrong.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • **11wildy uses Flamethrower**

In case you survive that, lets be friends :3. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here!(you will, for sure ;D)

I prefer my Dragon types over Ice, but Glaceon is awesome ;D. As for the game making, I only do some basic rom hacking so yeah, I can't help you with that. ;$

I could help you set-up wifi though, so we could battle/trade sometime?

And if you just wanna talk, you can always VM me :).

~Glacia~Frost~

~Ice-type Trainer~
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2013
    @tabor62
    I'll deal with the Wi-Fi issue later when I have time. :)

And yes, I did look in the Game Development section briefly; I see plenty of ideas there and perhaps I can use the resources given. That shouldn't be too difficult by my estimation ^_^

@11wildy
    Dragon-types can be awesome, besides, since I have known about Stealth Rock I have imagined an Ice-type variant as a check on those powerful Dragons :P

And well, I can simply ask for help in the Game Development section anyway, so no problem there :)

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • That doesn't mean we can't talk over VM :(. But can you imagine Spikes+Toxic spikes+Stealth Rock+Ice Rock all at once? Would that mean Yanmega would die when it switches in when Gravity is up? XD

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Hi! ~Glacia~Frost~ and Welcome :D Same as you, im new here :D
    Im a trainer with no special liking over a type.
    Each type have its own beauty:D
    Lets be friends :D
    Add me if u wan!

Trainer from White2, Rekke

Back