• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new Pokedex application

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    I am new here but I felt this would be the place to go to let you all know about my new Pokedex application I am working on. I know there are already some Pokedexs out there but a lot of them you need to pay for or be connected to the Internet. I am working on a Pokedex that will be free and does not need to be connected to the Internet.

My Pokedex application will have all the Pokemon from red, blue and yellow all the way to X and Y. All the information will be stored internally so you can use it when and where ever you are as long as you have access to the application.

It is currently in Beta right now with most of the stats and information done but not all yet and only 20 Pokemon are integrated right now.

There is an image attached in this post of the Pokedex as well as the Beta. Feel free to use it and also let me know what you think.

EDIT: Updated the Pokedex to Beta 0.2.0.0

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's going to be really hard for you to do for every single Pokemon and it really doesn't posess any information that the other sites don't have. I'm sorry, it just seems like a lost cause.

However, it is a good idea, and looks professional. If you want to do it, go for it. Just make sure your grammar and spelling is all correct. For instance, you said "Steal" in the Bulbasaur picture. The correct type is "Steel"

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I am new here but I felt this would be the place to go to let you all know about my new Pokedex application I am working on. I know there are already some Pokedexs out there but a lot of them you need to pay for or be connected to the Internet. I am working on a Pokedex that will be free and does not need to be connected to the Internet.

My Pokedex application will have all the Pokemon from red, blue and yellow all the way to X and Y. All the information will be stored internally so you can use it when and where ever you are as long as you have access to the application.

It is currently in Beta right now with most of the stats and information done but not all yet and only 20 Pokemon are integrated right now.

There is an image attached in this post of the Pokedex as well as the Beta. Feel free to use it and also let me know what you think. The picture is Beta V0.2.0.0 but the application is Beta V0.1.0.0. The only real difference is the colors and the locations area isn't in the application.

How would it be different that the online dex on Pokemon.com and places like Serebii?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    That's going to be really hard for you to do for every single Pokemon and it really doesn't posess any information that the other sites don't have. I'm sorry, it just seems like a lost cause.

However, it is a good idea, and looks professional. If you want to do it, go for it. Just make sure your grammar and spelling is all correct. For instance, you said "Steal" in the Bulbasaur picture. The correct type is "Steel"

How would it be different that the online dex on Pokemon.com and places like Serebii?

Well yeah sites have all the information but what happens when you don't have Internet to get to all the sites that have it. That is why I am making it. And thanks for pointing that out. The types are a bit flawed right now so I gave up working on them until I finish the other things so I haven't looked at that. I will fix that now. Another reason I am making it though is because I just love programming so even if people don't use it I have fun making it =P

Thank you for your feed back

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    Will it work for X and Y? I hope if not I still wish u luck : )

I am going to add all information for all the games. I personally haven't played X and Y because my DS got stolen. I want this Pokedex to have everything that can be found online.

Years
  • Cool idea, although there aren't that many info I would actually need, by from seeing what you posted. I usually look for areas where I can find specific Pokemon and attacks Pokemon learns by leveling. Also, you might want someone to check your application English wise.
    It's not Steal. but Steel, and I dont understand what you meant by Evaluation. You meant Evolution?

Anyway, I dont really see use in this, but hey, if you're having fun and see the point of it, then why not.
    Good luck :)

PS. X/Y is for 3DS, not DS.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    Cool idea, although there aren't that many info I would actually need, by from seeing what you posted. I usually look for areas where I can find specific Pokemon and attacks Pokemon learns by leveling. Also, you might want someone to check your application English wise.
    It's not Steal. but Steel, and I dont understand what you meant by Evaluation. You meant Evolution?

Anyway, I dont really see use in this, but hey, if you're having fun and see the point of it, then why not.
    Good luck :)

PS. X/Y is for 3DS, not DS.

The reason those features aren't part of my Pokedex application is because it is not completed. What I posted is version 0.1.0.0 which only contains some of the features the full thing will have. as mentioned, my Pokedex is going to have all the information found online. as for the English, I am still working with implementing all the features before grammar fixes and typo fixes, but thank you for letting me know what was misspelled. Hopefully the finished product will be more of what you would be looking for.

PS. I know its for the 3DS, That is what I had that was stolen from me. I just said DS because it's still a type of DS.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I think it would benefit if you offered this on android or ios. Having a mobile offline Pokemon database is very useful especially if you are outside more often or have a less than decent internet.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Looking forward to using this! Just got it downloaded to my phone so will check it out later, and I would say yes because I have no internet at home so it would be great to have something like this.

Good luck! I hope you see it to the end!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    I think it would benefit if you offered this on android or ios. Having a mobile offline Pokemon database is very useful especially if you are outside more often or have a less than decent internet.

I would love to be able to do that and I plan on doing that someday but sadly as of right now I do not know how to make ios or android applications =(

Looking forward to using this! Just got it downloaded to my phone so will check it out later, and I would say yes because I have no internet at home so it would be great to have something like this.

Good luck! I hope you see it to the end!

I am currently working on the more complicated parts of the Pokedex, in the application I put up for download here it had the more basic not very useful things. I am very glad that you are interested in this project of mine and I hope you wont be disappointed.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • I am currently working on the more complicated parts of the Pokedex, in the application I put up for download here it had the more basic not very useful things. I am very glad that you are interested in this project of mine and I hope you wont be disappointed.

Every great thing starts out small. I'm sure you will do well. Especially since its not only a project to help, its something you want to do and put your interest in.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    What about a list with all the things that are supereffective to it? (I.E. Electric or grass on wartortle)

That's already part of it, however it is currently (slightly) broken because Bulbasaur (the only one I checked) breaks the rules of the types weaknesses and strengths.
    I noticed Bulbasaur is super effective to Electric Pokemon however neither Grass nor Poison have Electric as a super effective type. I am assuming that I am understanding the way it works wrong.

Back