• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I hope it is better this time :3 I feel really bad because I could not figure out what to write xD

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    @Iwasapony - Yep that's fine. Accepted. Where do you want to jump in? We're at Mt Chimney, so do you want to jump in there, or maybe at Mauville? Depends on how quickly you think you can post really. Let me know and I'll send you the options for your pokemon :)

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I think Mt. Chimney will be the best place for me to hop in. I'm pretty sure I can get at least the first post done tonight, but tomorrow I will be busy and then Sunday is my birthday ^_^ but, after that I will have nothing to do, so it will be fine aha. Is that fine with you?

slls81

Years
    I think Mt. Chimney will be the best place for me to hop in. I'm pretty sure I can get at least the first post done tonight, but tomorrow I will be busy and then Sunday is my birthday ^_^ but, after that I will have nothing to do, so it will be fine aha. Is that fine with you?

Yeah that's fine by me. I'll send you a list of available pokemon you can choose from :)

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I'm not busy any more :3 So, I guess I will start my first post now!

slls81

Years
    I think that with only Zeph, ILAYM and Sas left in the RP (correct me if I've missed anyone), I'm going to open up some new slots... but slightly different to how I have before.

Basically since we are about half way into the region it would be difficult for us to just say "here's another one of Maple's kids we've ignored up until now". So instead I'm thinking of trying something else. With the Magma storyline arc starting soon, maybe we'll just make the new RPers local trainers that help Sam, Warren and Kliff against Magma. As a thankyou Maple agrees to give them a pokedex, take care of their extra pokemon etc. This would then let the new RPers continue as normal. Let me know what everyone thinks about this :)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    That's a good idea :D Maybe the new trainers have their own motives to fight against Magma (like a stolen pokemon of their own or something) , rather than helping after just meeting the current trainers for the first time :P

slls81

Years
    Glad you two agree... now just to find some new blood... err, I mean roleplayers... :P

Oh, and on a random note, whats that event organizer thing about ILAYM? I've never actually seen one of them before :/

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
    Crossing my Fingers and Hoping to get in!

((Ooc: Alright, I'd love to begin, but there is just so much text on the Rp thread, I feel I'll be reading forever in order to catch up... But none-the-less I will submit my SU... Do we just start with a Pokémon or recieve it from someone? x.x))

-Name: Dune Adie Lynch

-Appearance:

Lynch, as he likes to be called, has dyed white hair. It's lengthy in the bangs, attempting to cover his charcoal black eyes. In the back, it is short, kept spikey, and black tipped. His skin color almost directly contrasts with it though, being tanned to a sandy brown by the sun. If he'd have to pin-point a feature of his that he adores the most, it'd have to be his teeth. Against his dark hue, they seem bleached white and, taking pride in them, he smiles often.

Dune Lynch wears tight clothing; despite his dislike for burning up in the hot summer, though he remains there for his mono-typed Pokes. Rarely, he wears a jet black muscle shirt. It's not only easy to pull off when Dune feels it necessary, but also exposes his arm muscles and evenly outlines the six-pack he'd been working towards. He often wears jock-looking, pastel colored plaid shorts, coupled with Fallen skate shoes. Then there is his most prized possession, a black and bright green skate hat. It's, the majority of the time, twisted to the right side of his head. The emblem on the front states "SRH" in bold jade coloration, he's scribbled random bands he enjoys on the inner brim.

Around his neck, a single hemp necklace with various colored marbles intertwined all the way around. On his left wrist is a white wristband, also stating "SHR", but this time it's embroidered in a dark ebony color. He carries his supplies in a white book-bag. It, like his hat, is also scribbled on and is beaten and worn down, as one black strap is on the verge of coming off completely. He stands at 6'0" and weighs 170lbs.

-Personality:

Outgoing and open, Lynch seems to have it easy with obtaining friends. Occasionally, he can be a jerk, judging those who annoy him and shunning females who do not live up to his standards. It is possible, though, for Lynch to look passed his shallow perception. He tends to find that the outer cover of others can grow vibrant once he gets to know the other person (or Pokemon). He laughs a lot, and doesn't like to allow stress to hinder his vitalities.

When it comes to his Pokemon, Dune seems to become another person. He'd put their needs above his own in a snap; he'd even dismiss petty addictions to insure their happiness and safety. He understands that they are strongly effected by fire, smoke, snow and cold climates, and so he tries to sheild them from those specific conditions.

He likes to try and play diplomat, believing that words can solve any misunderstanding. He falters when things become violent, especially if it requires Pokemon battling. Most of the time, though, his Pokemon are okay with the challenge this gives Lynch a break from the much despised stresses he can often encounter. Being called loyal, Dune is a very valuable friend-type guy.

-History:

Dune had never really taken an interest in Pokémon, they were just other creatures that inhabited this world to him. All of his time and effort was spent in skateboarding -- after all, he wanted to be a professional one day. However, a few years after he'd missed his window of opportunity, he felt regret for it. Skating was a skillful hobby, but he longed for adventure, as many do.

Once Lynch had watched a news broadcast stating that a female professor was offering up a second chance, he nearly fell out of his seat. She was cute; that happened to be the first clear thought that raced through his thoughts, but then it hit him -- he could become a Pokémon trainer, it wasn't too late for him! He cleaned up, pulled an all nighter, then started out for said town the next morning. Unfortunately, when he arrived, Professor Maple's daughter had given out all of her Pokémon available.

Feeling played, Dune stormed out of the lab in a fury. He'd realized that his chance was over, ruined, finished before it had even began. To lose the opportunity once was hard, but twice was double the annoyance. Just when Lynch was about to hop aboard his board and skate home, Maple dashed out of the laboritory, panting hard.

"Hey wait!" she called and managed to catch the snow haired male before he escaped her. She described how she could grant him a Pokémon caught by a previous trainer, but had been released, but that he'd need to regain the Pokémon's trust as soon as he possibly could, else it would not obey his commands. The Pokémon Dune would recieve was called Shroomish, Lynch thought that the name of the creature was rather hillarious, but the Maple flashed the chucking boy a dirty glare.

"Alright, I will do what I can." He agreed, and accepted a Pokédex, a Pokéball containing Shroomish and five other balls. Without checking the Pokémon out, he turned and sped off, eager to explore the area immediately.

-Starter Choice:
    A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

Shroomish

((Ooc: Sorry, just decided I'd grab a wild card, hope this is alright!))

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Nukoe- Yeah having a wildcard is fine, at this point all new RPers can have a wildcard. Your SU looks fine, so you are accepted. I'll send you a list of available pokemon now :)

For any new RPers: A
    nyone who wants to join really needs to read at least post #1019 of the main roleplay (which can be found at the link below). We have a couple of big arcs revolving around what happens in this post, so you really need to be up to speed for it to make sense :)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...rt#post5370028

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Adventure awaits

Name: David Knight

Appearance:.... David has spiky black hair, he has had this kind of hairstyle since he was little. It is the only thing he and his dad have in common , phisically speaking. HIs blue sky eyes are just like his mother's as well as his white skin. He is well-built for a boy his age.
    ......................David usually wears a green T-shirt that has a tiny leaf on the top left side of it , a pair of blue jeans with a black belt on which he puts his pokeballs and a pair of red trainers( Arcanine trademark ). He also has a necklace around his neck. The necklace is very normal at first sight "a pice of black strig on which there is a pendant. The thing is that the pendant is a dorp shape form in which there is a blue ball similar to an "Aura Sphere" (it is a gift from his dad).

Personality:......David is a very calm person , sometimes to calm but he is quick to react and think. He tries to be the best at what he does , putting a lot of effort in it. David has a very kind heart and helps those in need even if putting himself in danger (just like when he saved his little sister). Letting his kind heart fool you , making you into thinking he is weak would be a great mistake, this boy doesn't know the word "giving up".

History:..........David was born in Lilycove city but he lived there only until the age of seven. Then he moved to the Kanto region in Viridian city. This movement was due to a tragic accident happening to his family.
    ....................About a week after David turned seven , he was playing outside in the graden with his younger sister Melody (4 years old), his parents being in the city to buy some Milktank milk and some Doduo eggs. As they were enjoying themselves a truck parked in front of their house. Some strange looking grunts came out of it and went to the kids. They were mostly wearing red clothes with a strange volcano symbol on their chest. They went to David and Melody and picked them up asking them if they or their parents have any pokemon. David said that they don't have any , lying in his face like a pro. The family had a pokemon-pet, an Eevee, but David knew that if he told them that they would steal it. The grunts weren't satisfied with his answer so he threw David down , David getting his leg hurt, and put a knife around his sisters neck. David thought he had no choice but to tell them about Eevee, but when he was just about to expose his lie , it hit him . He quickly got up and said to the grunt that he has a pokemon that he keeps hidden from his parents in the basement . The grunt had a big smile on his face for getting what he wanted. He told David to show him the basement. When they got to it the grunt said to David to go in and get the pokemon . David then went in front of the entrance and started yelling " Awwwwwww a wurmple, I hate wurmple!!". The grunt was annoyed and pushed him over and entered in ,along with his two companions. David immediately shut the door and locked it with the key ,trapping them in. He then went outside to check on his sister and then went to call the police. Officer Jenny told them to go at a neighbour and that the police will get there in a few minutes . All this time David heard the shouts of anger of the grunts that were trapped in the basement but David couldn't care less about them. He took his sister and Eevee that was upstairs and went to the closest neighbour , as Officer Jenny said. He and his sister were safe, David only having his leg hurt. He watched from a window what was happening at his home . Officer Jenny got there very quick and arested two of the grunts because one got away. As the two were entering the police car , one shouted at David that he should watch his back, because as long as team Magma is here, he and his loved ones won't be safe .
    ...................David parents got home , being announced by Officer Jenny , and were told what happened. Because of this and the grunts threats they thought that the right choice was to move from Hoenn. They found a beautiful house in Viridian city (Kanto) and their life went back to normal. Since then David was determined to do two things : one become a great pokemon trainer and second to stop Team Magma one day from their evil doings.
    ...................Now David is 14 and has already started his journey in the Hoenn region being helped by Proffesor Mapel who gave him his first pokemon "Ralts" and helped him get his journey started, he has three badges so far : the "Stone Badge" , the " Knuckle Badge" and the" Dynamo Badgge". Now he is heading towards Lavaridge town to earn his 4th .

His current team:..Ralts (level 12) – Moves: Growl , Confusion, Double Team and Teleport
    .........................Silcoon(level 9) – Moves : String Shot, Poison Sting and Harden
    .........................Wingull (level 10) – Moves: Growl , Water Gun , Supersonic

Pokemon Starter: Ralts

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Seeing as I'm back from holiday, I'm off to try and reinvigorate the RP again

EDIT: And of course, I say that right before realising that it has already been reinvigorated by the new blood :D

Greetings, Nukoe. Here's to many crazy characters and improbable situations :D

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Romdinner - Yep that looks fine to me. Accepted

@ILAYM - Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your holiday :)

edit: I've added both of the new profiles to the first post, can you guys check them and make sure I haven't made any mistakes :)

Last edited:

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
    ^^ Hello, Misfortune, cheers. Been reading your early adventures with Warren. x3 Let's see how Lynch and Warren interract, ne?

slls81

Years
    eheheh, maybe I should write more posts while half asleep.

Also, Lavaridge plz :P

Yea - who needs full concentration xD

And I'll second that. Lavaridge would make me happy ^^

Right I'll see what I can do. I'll start working nowm but I'm busy over the next couple of days, so might not be able to get it up until Wednesday... but hopefully it will be sooner than that.... maybe tonight... but maybe not. Erm, yeah... we'll see what happens xD

Back