• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
    xD Well overall he's a decent fellow... >.> Shh don't judge me!

(: But yeah, for right now I just need to find ways to catch up... -.- Oh yeah, and find a way to make Shrooms like Lynch. Fun fun! Btw cute post (x I like your style.

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
    I have a few questions -- Didn't know if I should VM your or just post it here so...

How will I know what level my Pokémon are? I know you post level ups, so I'm guessing Shrooms is still level 5?

Do I make my own rival? I've noticed in the past you created rivals for the characters -- but now should I just create my own?

What will I do about the Gym badges that I will not be able to obtain due to joining late?

(and this one is optional, it's just something I've had on my mind lately.) Am I a terrible Role-Player? xD

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    I can only answer one question for you:
    "Am I a terrible Role-Player? xD"
    Nope , i like your posts so far :D and i think your doing just fine :P (that's my opinion :) )

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I have a few questions -- Didn't know if I should VM your or just post it here so...

How will I know what level my Pokémon are? I know you post level ups, so I'm guessing Shrooms is still level 5?

Do I make my own rival? I've noticed in the past you created rivals for the characters -- but now should I just create my own?

What will I do about the Gym badges that I will not be able to obtain due to joining late?

(and this one is optional, it's just something I've had on my mind lately.) Am I a terrible Role-Player? xD

Allow me to help :)

1 - On the first post of this OOC Thread, all the players and their pokemon are listed, so check there for your stats :D

2 - Maybe not a full blown rival (like Ash to Paul sort of thing), but a person your character meets often and has friendly battles with? I'm not too sure about this one, slls can give you the full answer :P

3 - Again, the answer to this lingers in the mind of slls ^^'

4 - Not at all. If you feel that way then it's probably just because your new to the RP. You'll settle and find your own writing style soon enough ;)

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
    Oh, snap! Dude has a second Pokémon already. Thank you for this information -- I really need to edit my post then!

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years

Posting here is probably better, as you can get more than one opinion (as shown by Zeph's answer earlier). This can be useful, as sometimes people will read your post earlier than me and can answer your question more quickly. Also I'm not perfect, so someone else might even be able to answer your question better than I will be able to :P.

Now, on to the questions...

1. Like Zeph said, see the first post of this thread.

2. In this chapter, I've dropped the rival aspect. The Team Magma/Aqua storyline will replace this.

Maybe I should explain. The first chapter of the RP was about Maple vs Oak, so I gave the RPers an Oak trainer as a rival to represent this. However after the pokemon were stolen, the Maple vs Oak rivalry got pushed to the back burner (for now :P), as Magma/Aqua came to the forefront. For this reason there are no 'rivals', just two evil teams for the RPers to go after. Hope that clears this up for everyone.

3. My original plan was for you to just start from the current point, with just an introductory post to cover what would have happened so far. Since you've started from the beginning I may have to change this... so basically the answer is I'm not sure. :P

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
    Aww, Rom, that post about the Spoink was so cute. I nearly started to cry I was so overjoyed for them. (:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    Name: Tamaki Ace

Appearance: Ace is moderately tall, standing at 5'3" and is really fit. He has brown eyes and black hair. His skin is pale, but is getting less pale because of his travels to places where its hot. Ace wears a black shirt and a red jacket over it. The jacket he wears has a symbol of a Pokeball at the back. He has a lot of caps and loves changing it from time to time. His caps have various Pokemon designs on it. His favorite is the one with the Pikachu design on it. He carries a brown bag with things needs for his journey. He has a belt, ready for carrying his Pokeball.

Personality: Ace is a really hasty person. He wants everything done in a jiffy. His hastiness costs him trouble most of the time. Aside from that, he has pride the size of a Wailord. It's probably because he came from a rich family in Celadon City. In the best of times, Ace is a really nice person and is really calm, unfortunately, "the best of times" rarely comes once in a while.

History: Ace came from a very rich, upper class family. His father was Japanese while his mother was American. He lived a pretty good life as a kid. But when he turned 10, he decided he wanted to go on a journey. When he told his parents about his decision, they disagreed and sent him somewhere far away (They were scared that Ace would do something to ruin their business). He was sent to Slateport City in the Hoenn Region. Here, he was able to make friends and actually start a social life that consisted of people not from other rich families.

After 4 years of living in Slateport, he received the same urge to go on an adventure. This time, his parents weren't there to stop him. He went to a town where a Pokemon Professor was giving away a Pokemon. Unfortunately, when Ace arrived in the lab, the last Pokemon has been picked up. Ace was depressed to see that his chance of traveling the world has been crushed. He asked if there was anything he could do to get a Pokemon and the professor replied, "I will lend you a Pokemon and a Pokeball. Go outside of town and capture your own Pokemon."

As soon as she explained what to do, Ace quickly grabbed the two Pokeball and darted out of town. He searched really hard for a wild Pokemon. After an hour of searching, he finally found a wild Taillow. He threw the Pokeball containing the professor's Pokemon in the air and it let out an Electrike.

Good type advantage, he thought to himself. "Now, Electrike, use Spark on the Taillow!", he commanded.

Sparks of electricity started jumping out from the Electrike until it was covered in electricity. It rammed Taillow and the bird Pokemon quickly fell to the ground as he was stunned by the attack. Being really hasty, Ace threw the empty Pokeball at Taillow. It absorbed the paralyzed Taillow. The ball nudged from left to right several times. After a minute of nudging, the ball pinged, signalling a successful capture. Without another word, Ace commanded Electrike to return in the Pokeball and picked up his newly captured Pokemon. He ran towards the professor's lab, returned the borrowed Pokemon and thanked her for giving him his opportunity.

And that was the start to the adventures of Tamaki Ace...

Starter Choice: Taillow (Male)
    (I hope it's okay, though)

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Thanks Nukoe glad you enjoyed it :) and hope everybody does :P . Also nice way you introduced Seedot :D

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Just a heads up - I've had my lappytop 'confiscated' *cough* as such for a while ^^' I can occasionally sneak on the family 'puter, I just won't be on as much as usual :P

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    Right, sorry I've been a bit rubbish recently. I'll try to be better from now on...

@Ash_Ketchum123 - That looks fine, if you are still interested in joining I'd be more than happy to have you :)

@Zeph - Sorry to hear that, hope it won't hold you up too much...

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    Just one question:

What town do I begin in? Or can I just state the town I will be heading to? 'Cause I was thinking my character will start out on a forest path and ocasionally ends up on a certain town...

Back