• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    A time limit to get to MeteorFalls, eh? Sounds like a challenge!
    Eh, I'll get a post heading to the Falls in a while. Probably tommorow, since Saturdays are always uneventful. And I have a question about the falls. Will it all collapse leaving us inside and thus failing at the RPG on a massive scale?

I'm kind of hoping it won't... the RP needs to run another 4 days to make the two year mark, and a collapsing cave killing all of the RPers would kind of dampen the mood a little :/

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Kliff will survive. He always does. Maybe not his pokemon, but he definately will B)

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    https://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/323/3/e/trainer_card_by_romdinner-d335tf5.jpg

Updated trainer card

Also sorry i rushed through my last post i usually read it carefully X_X . Can't wait to see what you have for us at Meteor Falls :D

slls81

Years

Updated trainer card

Also sorry i rushed through my last post i usually read it carefully X_X . Can't wait to see what you have for us at Meteor Falls :D

Thanks for the new card, I'll add it to the first post :)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Meteor Falls as well. Hopefully I can come up with something to keep you guys amused xD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm kind of hoping it won't... the RP needs to run another 4 days to make the two year mark, and a collapsing cave killing all of the RPers would kind of dampen the mood a little :/

Yes, it would. Kris I can't say always survives. He was shot dead by team Rocket in my first RP =/

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Today's the big day :D . We'll se what slls has planned for us , don't know what it is but it will be big :P ( i think ;)) ) .

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    I guess that Suffix is going to need a lot of training if he's going to help everyone survive this supposed 'big day'. I still hold true to my first impressions, that the whole cave will colapse. Either that or we'll get jumped by Aqua/Magma. Andy needs a chance to show them how failtacular awesome he is...

(These are not the RP'rs you are looking for...)

slls81

Years
    Glad you guys are looking forward to this... I think xD

Anyway I had a question. I've pretty much written up the post, but I'm not quite sure on one thing. I don't want to make it too specific as I want to give you guys some freedom to... you know... RP. That's why we're here right? .... right? Why is no-one answering.... xD

But at the same time I don't want to make it too open, as that could lead to a chaotic situation which is difficult to resolve.

So yeah, I guess basically what I'm asking is which would be better. A slightly more open ended scenario where you have more freedom (but not complete freedom, I have a storyline to follow xD) to do your own thing. Or a more controlled situation.

I'm more inclined to leave it open ended. It lets you have more fun, and I've always got this thread to try and tidy things up if it gets out of hand. So yeah, thoughts?

Zeph.

Years
    I think giving us some freedom would work best. That way, we have more room to be creative and, ultimately, write better posts (me and Sas are gonna JP :D)

Plus, chaos is good B) Let Magma feel the pain...

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Interesting :-? ....... I think that a open ended scenario would be better as it will be intriguing to see what we come up with :) ,of course not going overboard with our freedom :P , cause it may go to our heads .
    But serious, slls is right, we have to follow a storyline....

slls81

Years
    I think giving us some freedom would work best. That way, we have more room to be creative and, ultimately, write better posts (me and Sas are gonna JP :D)

Plus, chaos is good B) Let Magma feel the pain...

Interesting :-? ....... I think that a open ended scenario would be better as it will be intriguing to see what we come up with :) ,of course not going overboard with our freedom :P , cause it may go to our heads .
    But serious, slls is right, we have to follow a storyline....

Yeah I think open ended is better too. I was 50/50 when I began writing my previous post, but by the end of the post I had kind of talked myself around lol.

The post is pretty much ready, I just need to add a few bits here and there. Are people ready for me to put it up tonight? Or would it be better to do it tomorrow?

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Yep, I think I'd much prefer and open-ended scenario. Gives us a chance to experiment and do something awesome. Either that or just something ridiculously stupid. And feel free to post it tonight, I'm raring to go!

Zeph.

Years
    Tonight's fine :)

And don't worry, I won't abuse the freedom and kill 2 Groudons with Gella ^^ Or will I?

slls81

Years
    Yep, I think I'd much prefer and open-ended scenario. Gives us a chance to experiment and do something awesome. Either that or just something ridiculously stupid. And feel free to post it tonight, I'm raring to go!

We're more than ready for it :)) . Tonight is best :P

Tonight's fine :)

And don't worry, I won't abuse the freedom and kill 2 Groudons with Gella ^^ Or will I?

Okay, it's pretty much done I think. However, I haven't had my 'this isn't good enough to post, I must rewrite' panic attack yet, so we'll see xD. Seriously though, I'll try to have it up within the hour.

The only thing I'll say is that this event isn't meant to be finished in an hour, and in my mind Meteor Falls is a big place (not just two or three small rooms), and Magma have a lot of number there, so don't rush through it. (and ILAYM/Sas will kill you if you finish before they log on xD).

Zeph.

Years
    To be honest I won't be posting tonight xD I've got to plan, you see. I'm a planner. I plan stuff. You don't like it, big deal, I'll fight you!

Plus I want to take my time and enjoy it :D

slls81

Years
    To be honest I won't be posting tonight xD I've got to plan, you see. I'm a planner. I plan stuff. You don't like it, big deal, I'll fight you!

Plus I want to take my time and enjoy it :D

But... but... I said I wanted people to take their time and plan and stuff. Don't fight me please!

Yeah, I'm just worried people may get over excited, post a lot and run through to the finish and be like... what now? When this is meant to last like a week at least, and sets up a future event as well... (foreshadowing ftw)

edit: I'd like to make it clear, I'm not saying don't post. I am definitely not saying that you shouldn't post.. okay? Postings good, rushing events isn't :)

Back