• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new server is up and running!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Good to see PC back to its former glory, at least if only server-wise.

Although, if you want donations...hiding the incentives are a bad way to go about it.

The donkey won't go for a carrot that it can't see. If ya'know what I mean.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Good to see PC back to its former glory, at least if only server-wise.

Although, if you want donations...hiding the incentives are a bad way to go about it.

The donkey won't go for a carrot that it can't see. If ya'know what I mean.

The incentives are beatings and whippings will occur less often.

XD

On a lighter note the incentives are being discussed and worked out. There might be some, might not, still in the early stages.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • What Mewthree seems to be saying is that the staff is still arguing over what 'powers' and/or 'privleges' the CSs get...XD
    When i say powers though I dont mean 'powers' as in 'moderation type powers'...I dont think the staff is gonna give that out easily...
    What I'm saying is most likely if the staff decides to give us some more incentives It could be along the lines of a bigger PM box and/or the ability to do things with our own posts that normal members arent allowed to do...That's my best guess on what's going on behind the administrative curtain....If I am wrong then either a staff member will correct me or they will not say a thing and leave my guess open as a way to keep us off of what's really happening....XDD
    I'm sure the staff will come to an agreement eventually...I'm not gonna get my hopes too high though...

Last edited:

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • What Mewthree seems to be saying is that the staff is still arguing over what 'powers' and/or 'privleges' the CSs get...XD
    When i say powers though I dont mean 'powers' as in 'moderation type powers'...I dont think the staff is gonna give that out easily...
    What I'm saying is most likely if the staff decides to give us some more incentives It could be along the lines of a bigger PM box and/or the ability to do things with our own posts that normal members arent allowed to do...That's my best guess on what's going on behind the administrative curtain....If I am wrong then either a staff member will correct me or they will not say a thing and leave my guess open as a way to keep us off of what's really happening....XDD
    I'm sure the staff will come to an agreement eventually...I'm not gonna get my hopes too high though...

:\ on point one.
    Your both right and wrong with the others, we discuss things throughly before going though with them, and the same will happen here as usual.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • :\ on point one.
    Your both right and wrong with the others, we discuss things throughly before going though with them, and the same will happen here as usual.
    That's the general Idea I was putting across...and the guess was based on what I have seen here @ PC...EX: The 'Community president' ,Back when said usergroup existed, had more PM space and such...It was an honorary kind of title...Like being a CS is...and the extras werent much but the incentive to run for it was there...All I was saying is that I'm not expecting any real huge incentive...
    Heh...I dont care if there is any privleges given anyhow...heh...I wouldnt have compained about getting no recognition at all...None of the 'Incentives' thus far have motivated me to support the community...I only donated because I enjoy PC and would like to see it stay around for a really long time...

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I was able to post, goto another thread, post, and get the message "This forum requires you to wait 45 seconds please wait another 16 seconds" XDD;;;

Nice! Really appreciate the new server. No more agony, at least for the time being. XD

Roihu

In America
    Years
  • I love this!!!
    It is now officially better than Serebii! (Well it was before but it was laggy)

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    It's nice to see the forum lag and error free.
    Also on a side note I hope to see more skins come out
    ;)

Years
  • It is great to finally have a new server and to see crashes less often. I still remember when the site was down for two months last year.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • ^_^ I've never been so happy, no more lond loading times. It always used to take about a minute or two, sometimes even 4 just to load the front page. But know, its instant ^_^

Thanx Pokecommunity, one giant step in becoming the best Pokemon Site.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • xcjzerox said:
    yeah but there still long loading time
    are you on dial up or what?
    the pages on PC, short of any big thread with lots of post images and big sig pics, load right up without much wait (now your browser could take a few secs to render the page..) unlike before when you had to wait for almost mins to get any movement from the server.

legends

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2007
    uhhh,I dont remember the old server, this seems to be fast :)

Back