• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeplup

The Techno Turtwig
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    The First Time I Went There, I Thought It Was
    Somewhat Linked To The Paintings on the stone at Celestic Town
    And The Enterna City Pokemon Statue To Unlock A 'Very' Rare Pokemon.
    But Instead, It Did Nothing... And They Could At Least have Used
    The Azelf's,Uxie's and Mespirit's Cave Theme.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    on topic, i went in there i couldve sworn there as a lady in a white dress, i just assumed there was a marriage or something

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Arceus may well have nothing to do with religion in the pokemon world.

"Gods? No, Percy. Little g, gods. We shan't deal with the metaphysical here!" -Chiron, Trainer of Heroes, Lightning Thief

AussieLper

Soft resetting for a good title
    Years
    I could imagine the book now "In the beginning a mystical being Nintendo created the Earth and the POKEMANS and has been said to have created all life as we know it" then it'll probably lead up with Pikachu eating the forbidden fruit or something.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    It's technically not a church.
    Yes, it looks and seems like a church, but the name it is given in JP is Foreign Culture Building. .-.;

So, yeah. There definitely is religion in Sinnoh, they just don't emphasize it much ingame because it might cause unnecessary controversy.

Hmm, you don't say? It sounds like a place where you can learn about races. :p

I think Game Freak would be worried about religion bashing or something if they added a church, so I can believe that.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    I always wondered about that place. I think maybe Nintendo just put it there so please some of the religious parents that disapproved of pokemon because it promoted the theory of evolution. But thats just my opinion ;P

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I always wondered about that place. I think maybe Nintendo just put it there so please some of the religious parents that disapproved of pokemon because it promoted the theory of evolution. But thats just my opinion ;P

Pokemon has religion AND evolution?
    And us silly humans in the real world are still bickering over it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Well, in Japan, they're not Christians, they believe in Buddhism and stuff, right?... But yeah, I think they worship Arceus.
    Shinto and Buddhism actually.

but im pretty sure there are christians here and there in japan

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    maybe it's a conspiracy......but c'mon you could walk in their (hypothetically) and they tell you "we worship Arceus (or any other legend)" and they you can just say, "oh, this dude?" and hold a Pokeball with their god inside...it'd be sorta funny. o.o
    lol true...maybe they are more of a cult that remains hidden underground...O_O

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    I liked the building, its sort of relaxing and calm. I believe it was a place where the people in the game could go and pray and show respect for the departed.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Shinto and Buddhism actually.

but im pretty sure there are christians here and there in japan

I actually did a project on religion in Japan this past year, haha.

The two most prominent religions in Japan are, as you said, Buddhism and Shinto. The majority are those two, yet there are still others that practice various different religions, such as Christianity.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    I actually did a project on religion in Japan this past year, haha.

The two most prominent religions in Japan are, as you said, Buddhism and Shinto. The majority are those two, yet there are still others that practice various different religions, such as Christianity.
    lol.

but we still cant come up with an explanation for the Building though

Years
    Maybe its not a church at all, maybe its a shrine. It has that big stained glass window so it could be a place where the legends of the creation of the Pokemon world could be shown it picture. And its quiet like a library, so it could be used for a peaceful place to do some inner searching for knowledge, due to their being know books. Mythology was used to define why things were in the world, so maybe it is a place for one to go learn the myths and legends and reflect upon them selves and try to gain the knowledge of the world around them.

Pikablµ

Banned
    Years
    They're worshipping Giratina.
    It's plain obvious that when they're talking all that stuff about `the strong can't do without the weak and stuff like that' they're referring to balance. And isn't Giratina supposed to balance time and space?. In Platinum, he is referred to as the being of Balance.

Thats my explanation anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    They're worshipping Giratina.
    It's plain obvious that when they're talking all that stuff about `the strong can't do without the weak and stuff like that' they're referring to balance. And isn't Giratina supposed to balance time and space?. In Platinum, he is referred to as the being of Balance.

Thats my explanation anyway.
    i heard that Giratina was the being that defied time and space 0_0

thats what i heard anyways

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back