• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Post-Game Choice?

So what job will you take? (Not in any particular order)

• Doctor/Nurse Protagonist;Nurse Joy's Family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Connoisseur;Go, go, go Cilan!

• Teacher;The next generation listens to your boring lessons...

• Total voters
    Years
    Once you're done with your career as a Pokemon Trainer and become your dream, the Pokemon Champion, why not switch career choices?
    Pokemon games have never really gave you, the Protagonist, a choice. They were more of a "go with the flow" type that had the same story line: Save the region from these crazy fools with evil organizations and then rule the region like the Pokemon Champion you are.
    So why not in Black 2/White 2 we actually have a choice than rather (like the child slaves we are because remember 10 to 14 year olds always save entire regions from evil organizations) follow these fated events.
    SO after we're done and over with Team Adults-Who-Look-The-Same why not switch careers? I mean we are qualified to become a Pokemon Champion so why not give us actual paying jobs that rake in 10,000 Poke every hour?
    So respond and stuff.

Last edited:

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
    This would be nice to have implemented in B2W2, just because it's never been seen before. You always just kind of explored the region, never really doing much. I mean, didn't we dethrone the Champion? Why is he in our room? Scram, dude.

And I always wanted a chance to become one of the bad guys XD. Call me evil, but I thought it would be fun to join Team Rocket and cause havoc everywhere. Though Team Magma has the better outfits, in my opinion.

In all fairness, though, I would pull a Red and be a hermit. I'm not into being the center of attention. My second choice would be a nurse, since that's the career I'm pursuing in real life.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
    I've always thought PokéJobs would be an awesome feature, I'd love to see the ability to join an evil team (or maybe a good team?) or have more features as the champion, such as receiving challenges from trainers or maybe being able to cycle in new members to the E4, or at least be acknowledged as the Champion of Unova. -__-

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    What, no option to retire from Pokemon altogether and become a rich Fortune 500 executive? That's where the real money is, not in Pokemon...

I'd either want to become the actual champion (which means, not having the other guy return the next time I enter the Elite Four) or become an evil team leader. Whichever pays more and/or lets me get around in a fancy car and private jet instead of walking/biking/surfing/flying (on a Pokemon) everywhere.

Of course, no matter which option I choose, I'll make sure my quarters are furnished VERY lavishly.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Hermit. Then hide away where only one person will find me. But I won't have Pikachu. That's stupid.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'd want to be a Gym Leader with THE most fabulous gym ever. Big, mansion like-gym, a whole wing of it where trainers can spend the night, it's own Pokemon center, a library, my study, my bedroom which will be fantastic, a giant battle arena where instead of rocks I'll have gemstones, etc etc. You know, super flamboyant gym.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I would def look to become a hermit like Red, just living on my own training to become the strongest without anyone ever bothering me.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Interesting line-up but I'd always chose being a Gym Leader, you're always getting battles, you feel superior and it just looks like a great thing to be.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    After working so hard to become the Champion, I'd rather keep that title! Best in the World!!

But if we're talking about suggesting this really be put in the games, I'd have to say no. The main series is about being a Pokemon trainer, not anything else. Plus, as much as some people don't want to admit it, we aren't playing as ourselves in these games. We play the role of the young trainer from [Insert town/city name here] who's goal is to become the region Champion! Looking at the list though, the main games sort of have us play some of those extra roles already. (for cop, we always defeat the bad guys.)

Years
    So most of you guys choose to be Gym Leaders, hermits, and crazy fools who run evil organizations. Hmmm...
    According to Elite Overlord LeSabre™ apparently there are multibillion Poke companies which I didn't know about but I guess they own the PokeMart chain. (Hahahahah! I got the monopoly on PokeBalls! :bandit: All mine...:cheeky:) The only legit company I ever saw in Pokemon was the Bicycle Store which had $1,000,000 bikes. Those trolling people at Game Freak made it impossible to get another bike... (What?! One more dollar?! Reminds me of Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar.) So it's all about the Poke in your pocket, huh.
    Lateon the Hermit... Hmmm... you guys just want to be with Red, right fangirls?
    Jellicent♀ looks like to be someone with big dreams. And a big Gym which I would never be able to navigate... (Where's the bathroom?! My Mewtwo needs to use it!)
    I'm saying nothing about the ones who want to be Team Leaders... just take my Pidgey... and Rattata...

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    After beating the Champ, I'd rather travel around and dispatch other evil team organisations just to hear their battle 'theme!' :P

Solidly

Ironborn
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I would like to travel through all the Regions. Battling all the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four of every Region.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I've taken a recent fondness to trying out mono-type teams in-game, so I think a Gym Leader sounds apt.
    Though I feel like I'd be a terrible one, for whatever reason...

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Omg I dreamed about when I was younger a lot of times that ypu could become a career person like ranger, actually being the champion, leading an evil. Anyway I want to be a ranger I just love the stylus in the ranger games I also like the rangers games.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    A breeder! Of course, I love to battle, so I wanna breed em for battle...? Don't I already do that? D: Well, I wanna take care of em and stuff too.. I dunno. But I'd probably buy a breeder spinoff :P

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
    My 1st choice would be a Pokemon researcher i always wanted to study the intricates of a pokemon( maybe disect it)
    2nd choice would be a evil team leader my goal would be to oppress all the citizens of unova and become a diplomat. With my champion leveled pokemon, intelligence, and legendary pokemon my plan could be easily accomplished
    3rd choice gym leader. Gym type: i would use legendary pokemon

Back