• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Post-Game Choice?

So what job will you take? (Not in any particular order)

• Doctor/Nurse Protagonist;Nurse Joy's Family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Connoisseur;Go, go, go Cilan!

• Teacher;The next generation listens to your boring lessons...

• Total voters
Years
  • My 1st choice would be a Pokemon researcher i always wanted to study the intricates of a pokemon( maybe disect it)
    2nd choice would be a evil team leader my goal would be to oppress all the citizens of unova and become a diplomat. With my champion leveled pokemon, intelligence, and legendary pokemon my plan could be easily accomplished
    3rd choice gym leader. Gym type: i would use legendary pokemon
    ...You have earned your avatar, Mr.Aquarius the troll :). I never really thought of dissecting when I listed "Pokemon Researcher" but I guess that does fit in. Though I thought of collecting information on new Pokemon or checking up on their population-hence Professor Oak going to all regions. He doesn't just visit to visit. Though I don't know what you would do on your visits... I know if I was a Researcher I would check out all the other regions' Pokemon and habitats.
    As a team leader why pick just Unova? Don't be limited to only one little region. What would your Team be called? Team Aquarius? I think of a water theme for that team now... now I got nostalgia for the old Team Aqua...
    A legendary Gym... if the games actually ever do that my team is done. I'll white out every single time from their epicness. Do you have a certain team of legendaries in mind? Personally my Gym would be Fire oriented.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I would travel around as like a vigilante kinda guy, challenging all the evil teams, as every police force in Pokémon seems to be incompetent lol Kinda half traveling champion, half law enforcement.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • ...You have earned your avatar, Mr.Aquarius the troll :). I never really thought of dissecting when I listed "Pokemon Researcher" but I guess that does fit in. Though I thought of collecting information on new Pokemon or checking up on their population-hence Professor Oak going to all regions. He doesn't just visit to visit. Though I don't know what you would do on your visits... I know if I was a Researcher I would check out all the other regions' Pokemon and habitats.
    As a team leader why pick just Unova? Don't be limited to only one little region. What would your Team be called? Team Aquarius? I think of a water theme for that team now... now I got nostalgia for the old Team Aqua...
    A legendary Gym... if the games actually ever do that my team is done. I'll white out every single time from their epicness. Do you have a certain team of legendaries in mind? Personally my Gym would be Fire oriented.

I AM THE TROLL, ALPHA AND OMEGA lol

Yeah when i was a kid i used to imagine that professor oak would cut open many pokemon just to see thier inner workings( how else would he know the the data put into a pokedex) therefore he has disected many a pokemon

WOW you are right why just unova i can be diplomatic to kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh, and the distant spinoff regions THEY WILL KNOW THAT THE TROLL HAS AN IRON FIST my team would not have a name we will be so awesome people will forget our names outta respect

Sí i will lead with the epicness That is Darkrai then once the opponent is sleeping having nightmares Arceus will judge the opponents then the two pairs of dialga & palkia and reshiram & zekrom will revenge kill the leftovers

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'd love to be a Gym Leader. I can imagine loving everything about it, from the battles to the respect one would get from the townsfolk in the area where I build my Gym, to being involved in the architectural design work going into the exterior and interior of the Gym, to designing the puzzles inherent in any good Gym, and even down to the more administrative roles that a Gym Leader would have - attending Gym Leader meetings, dealings with the accounts and payroll of the peons.

Yeah, I've thought waaaaaay too much about this.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I always had a fondness for breeding because I always liked the way breeders were portrayed in the anime. They had little gardens and ponds and sometimes grew their own crops and their Pokémon would be around their house and it just seemed so lovely and settling. I'd really love to be a gym leader too though.

Years
  • I always had a fondness for breeding because I always liked the way breeders were portrayed in the anime. They had little gardens and ponds and sometimes grew their own crops and their Pokémon would be around their house and it just seemed so lovely and settling. I'd really love to be a gym leader too though.
    I feel a homely feeling/vibe to Breeders now, as you describe it. Seems to peaceful for me but that's your preference! When I thought of Breeders as an option I never thought of just staying in one place. I thought of traveling around like Brock but now I see the problem. Can you imagine all those baby Pokemon and eggs you would be carrying around? Scary as heck.
    I'd be a gym leader, because those guys are awesome!
    "Awesome" how? Awesome as in they beat up all the noobs or awesome as in creating their Gyms and devices?
    This is such an awesome thread haha I gave it 5 stars :)

I think a Researcher, Cop or Team Leader sounds the most fun :)
    Thanks! Though I don't like ratings but OK.
    Being a Researcher is fun? Eh? Remember Professor Birch? He got viciously attacked by a rabid Zigzagoon! Being a Team Leader is most definitely fun. Spreading the terror among random citizens or among other evil teams.

Years
  • I would love to see a post-game storyline where you have the opportunity to join the evil team of the region (rather than becoming a Team Leader right away, you could work your way up the ranks starting from a Grunt). I remember playing a hack at one point that started you out as a member of Team Rocket, and I was dissappointed when the project was abandoned.

It would also be fun to become a Gym Leader or defend your crown as Champion, as that could give you the opportunity to face some high leveled trainers.

Years
  • I feel a homely feeling/vibe to Breeders now, as you describe it. Seems to peaceful for me but that's your preference! When I thought of Breeders as an option I never thought of just staying in one place. I thought of traveling around like Brock but now I see the problem. Can you imagine all those baby Pokemon and eggs you would be carrying around? Scary as heck.

"Awesome" how? Awesome as in they beat up all the noobs or awesome as in creating their Gyms and devices?

Thanks! Though I don't like ratings but OK.
    Being a Researcher is fun? Eh? Remember Professor Birch? He got viciously attacked by a rabid Zigzagoon! Being a Team Leader is most definitely fun. Spreading the terror among random citizens or among other evil teams.

You're most welcome! :) I don't rate a lot, I only ever give 5 stars every now and then if I really love a thread or think it's pretty innovative :)

Haha I remember - but at least you'd never have a boring day! :) Plus if you're already an established trainer, a Zigzagoon should be no problem :) Yup! Plus you get to decide the motive behind the organization; the pokémon they use and all the outfits etc haha :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd have liked for your to be a full-time waiter in Black and White. Why have the opportunity there when it isn't utilised? Such teasing.

As for champion, maybe, but kinda... boring. Standing in the same spot for many hours or years could suck imo.

Years
  • I'd have liked for your to be a full-time waiter in Black and White. Why have the opportunity there when it isn't utilised? Such teasing.

As for champion, maybe, but kinda... boring. Standing in the same spot for many hours or years could suck imo.
    A waiter? For the Striaton Gym, maybe? Well...you're so unique.

I was thinking of a traveling Champion. Yes, I know I said "Sit on your throne." That didn't necessarily mean to actually sit on this random chair. I was thinking of Red's position where he made the challengers work for the right to battle him. I wonder how the previous Champions didn't get overweight with their sedentary lifestyle...

it's a good idea if they implemented this, I'd want to be a Gym Leader, you'd probably go to a gym school and then you get to choose a specialty type
    A "Gym School"! Come to think of it the Pokemon series have never put much emphasis on education. They more on the lines of "Here. Starter Pokemon. No supplies. Go into the wild my young one. Have fun destroying insane organisations." Never thought of that... wait, who's the teacher(s)? And classes?
    My pick: Blue/Green (the awesome dude who looks like GaryMoFoOak) and Blaine as teachers. As for the classes: "Pokemon Types with Weaknesses and Strengths", "How to Survive against Insane Organisations", "How to Stall Challengers so you'll have some Free Time", "Battle against GaryMoFoOak", and finally "Easy Steps on how to Set up your Gym".

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I would keep Red company and battle with him to make him even more powerful

imagine if all of his Pokemon were ten levels higher then what they are in HG/SS

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years
  • I'd love to become the gym leader of like, the fourth gym in the series. Get challenged by a trainer or twoevery day. That woldd be awesome.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Gym leader. It'd be fun, challenging trainers, being the representative of your own town, etc.

lovebear

Pokémon Professor in training
    Years
  • After my tenure as champion of whichever region, what I'd do is settle down as a Breeder.

I'd establish myself as the premier Breeder of the region. Breeding top-tier Pokémon and handing out the eggs to good friends I've made in my life. Gym leaders and Elite 4 members would visit me to inquire on the ways one can raise a Pokémon to be the very best of its kind. Lance would be my bro4lyfe as only me and him would posses the knowledge on how to raise VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE dragon types. New and budding young trainers would pay me (hehehe) to look after their Pokémon so eventually even they can make it into the Hall of Fame.

The Pokémon team I battled with during my trainer days would still be there at my ranch, keeping a watchful eye over the Pokémon being raised. Occasionally I would leave my assistant in charge of the ranch as I travel around different regions with my Pokébros, looking for new adventure and rare Pokémon I've never seen before.

If I can't become a breeder for whatever reason then I'd be a Researcher. It'd be equally cool to be a professor too.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I'd love a game (spin-off please?) where you play through the eyes of one of the Team members.

Back