• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"A Stand-Up Sit-Down" Episode Discussion

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Here we talk about this week's episode. This shows the return of Zoey with her brand new pokemon, Shellos.

My thoughts will come later.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    -.-

I'll make this clear here and now: I'm the one who does these threads for the new episodes, not you. Learn that and move on.

For right now, though, all I've got is that it's a bit too soon for Zoey to be popping up again. I'll get more together later.

Last edited:
    Years
  • -.-

I'll make this clear here and now: I'm the one who does these threads for the new episodes, not you. Learn that and move on.

For right now, though, all I've got is that it's a bit too soon for Zoey to be popping up again. I'll get more together later.

Calm down. You've covered plenty so far, I wouldn't worry about the numbers. Let's just move beyond this, or I'll have to come up with a solution that no one may be happy with.

Edit: Besides, this episode doesn't sound like it was worth it, anyway. Last week, you'd have more of an argument.

Anyway, I agree about Zoey popping up yet again. I think they're rushing to compensate for the neglect they've handed the rivals. They've paced Drew rather effectively, so why can't they use that formula? I'm not sure if Shellos is the right Pokemon for her, anyway. I just don't see this simulacrum of Salior Moon's Haruka having a snail on her team.

Murkrow would be better, given her dastardly looking Pokemon so far. Shifty eyes.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • So two rivals having the krow you think works? Besides that brings up shipping possibilities. *Cringes at PaulxZoey*

Anyway, I kinda think the episode pointed to the trade(Not trying to force this into coversation). I mean think about it, it kinda showed that Buizel is really not suited for contests.

Years
  • So two rivals having the krow you think works? Besides that brings up shipping possibilities. *Cringes at PaulxZoey*

Anyway, I kinda think the episode pointed to the trade(Not trying to force this into coversation). I mean think about it, it kinda showed that Buizel is really not suited for contests.

I keep on forgetting Paul has one. And Paul/Zoey would be... interesting, to say the least. Haha.

As for your allusion to a future episode, yeah, this would be considered good foreshadowing to that. The writers keep on surprising us, don't they? Later, we'd point out their laziness with Buizel, but that's a future rant, as well. Heh.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I keep on forgetting Paul has one. And Paul/Zoey would be... interesting, to say the least. Haha.

As for your allusion to a future episode, yeah, this would be considered good foreshadowing to that. The writers keep on surprising us, don't they? Later, we'd point out their laziness with Buizel, but that's a future rant, as well. Heh.

When the trade is premiered...the Pokemon fandom's anger will cause third, fourth, and fifth impact to occur.

I honestly, like I said to you on AIM, wanted the writers to give her a SNeasel. Also, I'm kind of wondering why Meowth never fell in love with Glameow.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Awesome episode. However, Dawn's "juice and snack" incident had me ROFLING totally. XD

The Ice Beam-Aqua Jet combo was kinda nice, but... it failed epicly. Due to the recent events in the original version, this episode is pretty much pointless and therefore retconned in the future. ._.

This episode at least gives us insight as to what type of appeal round the Grand Festival will eventually have, heh. Marina being a Coordinator though? This means all the video game gals have anime counterparts being Coordinators. Surprising, no?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Awesome episode. However, Dawn's "juice and snack" incident had me ROFLING totally. XD

The Ice Beam-Aqua Jet combo was kinda nice, but... it failed epicly. Due to the recent events in the original version, this episode is pretty much pointless and therefore retconned in the future. ._.

This episode at least gives us insight as to what type of appeal round the Grand Festival will eventually have, heh. Marina being a Coordinator though? This means all the video game gals have anime counterparts being Coordinators. Surprising, no?
    If only the FR/LG girl would finally have an appearance.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Does it *matter* who makes the threads? Its just...a thread...that'll be gone in a week o.O

Cool episode

- They should've left Zoey there. I hate her
    - So Crystal (Marina) IS the same one from the Chronicles! Back then she had a Croconaw. And she's the top coordinator now? This explains why she was in the Poketch episode. So I suppose Marina and Dawn will meet! Hopefully with May
    - So if the Grand Festival will be a double battle, why are some contests in Sinnoh SINGLE battles? I suppose its to get Dawn started off
    - I love the BGM at 0:20 . Its a Kanto Route, I'm sure
    - OMG! GSC Champion Battle Theme!
    - Ow! The stone CGI hurts my eyes!
    - I think Jessie should win a contest sometime (the unofficial one doesn't count)
    - LOL why do Team Rocket have to have a twinkling star when they leave? Tradition haha
    - Love the BGM at the end! What route is it? A route near Celestic, I think?

Brock: Using an ice Aqua Jet is a great idea!

lol wut? Anyone thought of what Buizel thinks of getting himself FROZEN?

Makes sense, Marina wanted to perform. Hmm yeah, I wonder if the FRLG girl *will* ever get an appearance?

So yeah, I think Marina and Dawn will meet, hopefully with May too

I shouldn't have watched the episode so late 23:58...sleepy...

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    lol wut? Anyone thought of what Buizel thinks of getting himself FROZEN?
    Buizel didn't seem to mind getting himself frozen. XD Why'd he keep trying that combo anyway? He did that two times, yes?

Nando

The Wandering Minstrel
    Years
  • Pretty bad episode. The writing and acting (Zoey's actor CANNOT act, I'm getting grim memories of Gardenia) were pretty off, and the animation wasn't great either. At least they got Shellos's size relatively correct.

Marina is the WORLD'S top coordinator?

Years
  • When the trade is premiered...the Pokemon fandom's anger will cause third, fourth, and fifth impact to occur.

I honestly, like I said to you on AIM, wanted the writers to give her a SNeasel. Also, I'm kind of wondering why Meowth never fell in love with Glameow.

And then, it will blow over. As I always say, "it's just a TV show, so you really should just relax."

Yeah, Sneasel is a good choice, and good catch on Meowth. Hmm...

Anyway, Jorah, why do you dislike Zoey? I don't care for her, either, so maybe we can dislike her together! Heh.

Marina is moving up in the world, apparently. I know Marina (Japanese Marina, not the 4Kids prattling twit version) is a responsible Trainer, but I never thought she'd be a heavyweight just yet. Then again, much time has passed since Crystal to now. Speaking of Crystal allusions, what about Junichi and Kenta? They get no continuity love?

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • It's obvious that those two will not appear anytime soon, so no continuity love. XD

I don't like Zoey too much. I mean, she's a real busybody sometimes, but when she's not, she's relatively fine. I didn't like her voice in this episode though. It hurt my brain. X_X;

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    This ep was alittle awsome,sadly.

Hey people remember when Ash used Pika's thunder as an armor against the gymleaders Liza and Tate,it's kind of a repeat,but with icebeam.
    Shellos was cute by the way,it seems to have a timid nature.its neck thing kind of weirded me out.But it's ok i still like Shellos.Shellos sounded a bit like Piplup too me.
    And Zoey seemed to be too strict on Dawn,acting a bit like Dawn's mother.
    Marina returns! and with her Waniwani,used to be a Crocanaw.I guess her dream came true.it would be great if Dawn and May would meet,but May is all the way in Johto.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    And then, it will blow over. As I always say, "it's just a TV show, so you really should just relax."

Yeah, Sneasel is a good choice, and good catch on Meowth. Hmm...

Anyway, Jorah, why do you dislike Zoey? I don't care for her, either, so maybe we can dislike her together! Heh.

I dunno, its just as rivals go she's pretty...dull. Both of Dawn's rivals are (I can't even remember what that boy is called). I mean, she has that hating gym and contest people. But she could just be another filler character for all I care. She just turns up and annoys everyone. I just can't stand friendly rivals haha.

would be great if Dawn and May would meet,but May is all the way in Johto.

They could meet up at the Grand Festival or the Sinnoh League. May would probably be finished with Johto by then.

Quote noticed by someone on bmgf

Jessie: And now, it's time for my blast off into the world of win
    Meowth: That's not the blast off I'm worried about

XD

Last edited:

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
  • This ep was alittle awsome,sadly.

Hey people remember when Ash used Pika's thunder as an armor against the gymleaders Liza and Tate,it's kind of a repeat,but with icebeam.
    Shellos was cute by the way,it seems to have a timid nature.its neck thing kind of weirded me out.But it's ok i still like Shellos.Shellos sounded a bit like Piplup too me.
    And Zoey seemed to be too strict on Dawn,acting a bit like Dawn's mother.
    Marina returns! and with her Waniwani,used to be a Crocanaw.I guess her dream came true.it would be great if Dawn and May would meet,but May is all the way in Johto.

That Thunder armor gym battle with Liza/Tate was in my opinon the best gym battle in Hoenn next to the second fight with Norman. Marina makes a cameo appeareance once again! And her Crocanaw is a Feragatr! In terms of years from Crystal it has been about 5 years so its only natural that her Crocanaw evolves in that time. Those who play as Marina in Crystal version will probarly want to throw puffins instead of Poke'balls XD. Anyway, Zoey's reappearence was a bit to quick in my opinon, especially since Paul came back in the last episode. But I guess this was a good time as ever to have her return to teach Dawn some things as the Hearthome Contest is only a couple episodes away.

And I really wanted to tell the narrator ( like duh!) who else's Glameow and Mischeaveus could that belong too? lol. Has anyone noticed that Ash seems to spark that battling spirit in Buizel more then Dawn at this point? Even if it was one sentence he said, Buizel seemed ready for some action when he fought againest Aipom and Pikachu. That Volt Tackle vs Aqua Jet was one of the best head to head battles since the Roark gym battle. So this probarly is a bit of a foreshadowing to the trade episode. Through that Ice Aqua Jet looked abit cool at first, it kinda sucked, Bunery and Buizel combation? I can't really see the point in that, but a Piplup/Buizel combo is something that might work better in my opinon. But all in all good episode but not as cool as last weeks episode.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Sadly Buizel never actually got a chance to participate in a real Contest battle ever.

The writers were too quick to jump straight to the trade, methinks.

Years
  • I dunno, its just as rivals go she's pretty...dull. Both of Dawn's rivals are (I can't even remember what that boy is called). I mean, she has that hating gym and contest people. But she could just be another filler character for all I care. She just turns up and annoys everyone. I just can't stand friendly rivals haha.

Jessie: And now, it's time for my blast off into the world of win
    Meowth: That's not the blast off I'm worried about

XD

Let's keep the Buizel spoilers down, people.

Someone called her, "a busybody," which is perfect for her, actually. I definitely saw that in her first appearance. In a sad way, I kinda liked the prejudice she had over Ash "crossing over" to Contests, but then, you have to ask, "Zoey, do you realize how stupid you sound? What if you wanted to do Gyms?"

Proof that people in the Pokemon world are as stupid as we are. Also, I can agree on "dull," as she doesn't compel my interest.

I, too, would argue she's filler, or her recent appearances have confirmed this. What we need a Contest rival in the games -- that would solve a few things.

And Kengo/Kenny. Don't worry; I don't care for him, either. Come the Grand Festival, oh, I'm going to complain big time. Heh.

Man, I heard that "made of win" quote a lot, lately.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Teeheehee I say what Charaxes hasn't said so far. Fan service. Teeheehee That is kinda fun to say. Teeheehee fan service!!! Teeheehee

Well I have to say it was coolies to see Marina again even though she only been in three episodes. It is nice to see that the writers haven't forgotten some of their characters and really coolies they are doing something like this. That was coolies that they made her a top coordinator. It fits her perfectly. Still I wonder why though. This is the second time she has appeared in the anime and there is no game for GSC. Su? I wonder why.

Su. Somebody mention the Thunder Armor from Ash's seventh gym battle. Su. It is kinda simliar to the Ice Armor that Dawn said. I say the Ice Armor sounds better since the Thunder Armor thing was kinda not coolies since it made no sense. Still I can't wait to see how Dawn will get the Ice Armor thing with Ice Beam and Aqua Jet will work. I so want to see that.

I think this episode is okies but I really upset how they just keep on making Jessie look bad when she is actually kinda really talented as a coordinator. I mean she has been doing double battles for a long time. Even longer then Ash. She was doing really good at first and I kinda wish that they would have saved more time for the battle so we can see Jessie shine at least a little bit. It is too bad that the writers keep on treating Jessie so bad.

Years
  • Teeheehee I say what Charaxes hasn't said so far. Fan service. Teeheehee That is kinda fun to say. Teeheehee fan service!!! Teeheehee

Well I have to say it was coolies to see Marina again even though she only been in three episodes. It is nice to see that the writers haven't forgotten some of their characters and really coolies they are doing something like this. That was coolies that they made her a top coordinator. It fits her perfectly. Still I wonder why though. This is the second time she has appeared in the anime and there is no game for GSC. Su? I wonder why.

I think this episode is okies but I really upset how they just keep on making Jessie look bad when she is actually kinda really talented as a coordinator. I mean she has been doing double battles for a long time. Even longer then Ash. She was doing really good at first and I kinda wish that they would have saved more time for the battle so we can see Jessie shine at least a little bit. It is too bad that the writers keep on treating Jessie so bad.

I didn't say on fan service, because I didn't watch the episode yet. I should have said that, shouldn't I? Heh. Oops. Of course, my version of fan service is different than the norm: which is usually T&A. But it is a fun phrase to say, isn't it?

Good question on the lack of G/S/C coverage. Since D/P is based on the G/S/C timeline, according to Bulbapedia, I'm sure Nintendo will attempt to acknowledge this one day, right?

Well said about Jessie. I think I'll faint if the writers actually decide to lighten up on her.

Back