• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A sticky situation

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
  • I'm trying out a casual poison monotype challenge (meaning I won't bother posting about it) and I just found my first shiny pokemon. It's Rattata, a pokemon I like, but I can't use it. What a bummer. My very first shiny that wasn't Gyarados!

Has anything like this ever happened to you? What would you do if it did?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Depends, really. If I didn't want to use something because of a challenge though I'd just box it and trade to a different game later on.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I always find a shiny Pokemon that I do not like without cheating. This happend to me in pokemon White. I was in White Forest and I ran into a level 5 shiny Nidoran (m) and I evolved it to its final form and threw it in the box,

:t354:TG

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I found my first shiny, a Durant with Impish nature. But since my team are already decided, so I boxed it. Eventually though, I use it for battle subway.

Years
  • I don't care what it is, I'll catch it, then probably just leave it in the box. I caught a shiny Poochyena in Emerald a couple weeks ago; that's my most recent one. It probably isn't worth using anytime soon, considering the game's already completed.

Back