• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: A strange glitch when making a post as a new member

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    So I am trying to post a new thread under progressing hacks for my hack of Pokemon FireRed, but every time I try to post it is says that I can't post links until I post 5 times, but there was no links in it. Does this mean I can't post photos? Is it just impossible to post my hack until I make five posts? Even without photos it wont let me post it, with the same message that I can't post links, which there was none of.

Glitch seems to have stopped for now, and yeah I found out posting images counts as a link for some reason, so basically I cant post my hack till I make five posts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    Seems to have fixed itself for now, but it was really annoying and I hope it doesn't happen again...

Last edited:

99arceushacker

The Zekrom Lover and Magikarp Hater
    Years
    There is currently a glitch where you cant post smilies because the program thinks smilies are links.
    That is the strange glitch u are talking about.

Years
    So I am trying to post a new thread under progressing hacks for my hack of Pokemon FireRed, but every time I try to post it is says that I can't post links until I post 5 times, but there was no links in it. Does this mean I can't post photos? Is it just impossible to post my hack until I make five posts? Even without photos it wont let me post it, with the same message that I can't post links, which there was none of.

Images hosted on another site count as links/URLs as far as the filter is concerned.

It's a policy in place to prevent spambots from actually posting links.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    Woah, so many of you guys replied so quickly! Thanks for fast responses! Does replying count as a post perchance? Or do I seriously need to make five separate posts? Not that that is to much work.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    I think that the website was just updating really slowly then? Cuz I had no smiley faces or links when I took the photo out.... strange.

Back