• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A true pokemon "god"?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • So I'm wondering; Arceus is the "supposed god of pokemon", but, is it really a god of pokemon? For instance, what if it was only the creator of sinnoh? And what about pokemon like Mew, who knows all pokemon moves known? Are they both gods in contending, or supposedly, arceus created the pokeuniverse?

Any theories you'd like to share about a true pokemon god?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I strongly believe that any mythos surrounding any pokemon's abilities (although legendaries are the biggest offenders) are just that. Legends. Stories told by ancient humans of the Pokemon world to explain the world around them that went on to become more exaggerated as time went on.

As far as gameplay is concerned, Arceus is a very rare and very powerful pokemon with limited life-creating abilities. An ancient Sinnohan may have witnessed an Arceus doing its thing and logically concluded that it had to have created the world.

Mew on the other hand, actually has some (in-game) scientific evidence of being what it's claimed to be: the ancestor of all known pokemon. XD

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
  • I think Arceus is the be all and end all Pokemon God who will have no successor. His stats are just insane, barely comparable with any other Pokemon. Anything any stronger would never be able to battle with anything other than itself. It has the attack Judgement so yeah...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Arceus is the true God Pokemon. While it was mentioned that it created Sinnoh in the myths, they may also imply that it created the whole world as well. After that, it created Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit, as well as Mew. The Mew would then adapt to the different environments and eventually "evolve" into the Pokemon we see today.

ATM the Mudkip

A Mudkip
    Years
  • According to its pokedex, and the fact that it has totally beastly-overpowered-WMD moves in the movie, I think it is the god of all pokemon. BUT, perhaps it is not the actual creator of them, maybe it just rules them? Also, I does it say anywhere he created the lands too? I dont remember, but its been a while.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    We seem to be forgetting Groudon and Kyogre, who supposadly shaped the land and sea, I dont get how these legendaries tree together at all! :(

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I'm convinced it's not the creator of the Pokeuniverse, as we had never heard of it before Sinnoh. Moreover, you can KO that Pokemon, and a god can't be KO'ed :P.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • Arceus is the true God Pokemon. While it was mentioned that it created Sinnoh in the myths, they may also imply that it created the whole world as well. After that, it created Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit, as well as Mew. The Mew would then adapt to the different environments and eventually "evolve" into the Pokemon we see today.
    Did you read the post about you? It's like people say that whenever a myth is in a game it is to be believed as 100% accurate.

I personally believe with the second poster. A myth is a myth. There is no physical proof of any pokemon being the "god" so I believe it could be open to speculation.

Years
  • I believe Arceus is the true Pokemon god andsd created the whole universe so it is a bit silly for people in the game/anime to refer to him as a Sinnoh pokemon when he is a universal pokemon. He created everything, not just Sinnoh.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Moreover, you can KO that Pokemon, and a god can't be KO'ed :P.
    Well of course you can KO that Pokemon. You can KO any Pokemon, but Arceus has the best base stats from all Pokemon.
    Did you read the post about you? It's like people say that whenever a myth is in a game it is to be believed as 100% accurate.
    Because it is in that game. If GF would explain themselves about who's the "God of Pokemon", then that I would believe. But unless they didn't, those myths are what I'm going to believe. I wouldn't brand them as "myths" at all, more like "legends".

And, yes, I believe that Arceus is the God of Pokemon.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Arceus can be defeated just because it is appear in the game. If I am actually the progammer, I will make battle against Arceus the most hardest battle ever to live up its reputation . If it in the manga or other media, Arceus would pretty much undefeatable or uncatchable, even by masterball.
    As for Mew, I think Arcues created it to contain all dna of all living pokemon(except mythical legendaries in my opinion), make it practically living dna library of pokemon. So if a species of pokemon extinct, they wouldn't lost forever.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I believe it to be what created "Japan" (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh) and all of "Japan's" Pokemon, but it's not the god of the entire Pokeworld. In about another 3 Gens we will see another god Pokemon which created the "United States" (Unova and whatever others there are)

As for wether or not it's a god, yes it is. It just let you capture it because it deemed you worthy of its power.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I believe it to be what created "Japan" (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh) and all of "Japan's" Pokemon, but it's not the god of the entire Pokeworld. In about another 3 Gens we will see another god Pokemon which created the "United States" (Unova and whatever others there are)

As for wether or not it's a god, yes it is. It just let you capture it because it deemed you worthy of its power.

I really like that theory, wouldn't mind it happening in the future at all. =D

Back