• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen A weird glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Yesterday when I was playing me POK?MON emerald ROM I noticed that my swampert had turned into a thing called ''Bad EGG'' A weird glitch what should I do? Can it hatch? and what POK?MON will hatch from it when/if it hatches?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Dont hatch that! It will destroy your game and you will have to start over.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Okay thanks for the info. Otherwise I would have hatched it.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Well since it's a rom you lose much.

But yeah just keep it away in a box where you will never touch it.By the way did you use Gamshark on your rom.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Yesh. Bad Eggs are to be kept away in the deepest and darkest of places. You should also label it in case you forget in a couple of month's time. It deletes everything, basically. And that's never good now, is it.

Years
    you could use the pokemon maker and make a code for a pokemon you want in the spot the bad egg is in. It will overwrite the bad egg. I got a bad egg from a code I used on my FireRed and used a code to give me a Mew with the Aurora Ticket attached to it in the same spot my bad egg was in so when I activated the code to get my Mew the bad egg was overwritten and I have had no problems on my FireRed since then.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Maybe it is a glitch in the ROM. I don't play the ROM anymore, so sorry I don't know what exactly happens in it. Maybe you could find a code to delete the egg.

Years
    I wonder what that egg contains anyway... If you're playing the game in ROM version, why not just Save State first THEN try hatching it to see what comes out of the egg?

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    Transducer said:
    I wonder what that egg contains anyway... If you're playing the game in ROM version, why not just Save State first THEN try hatching it to see what comes out of the egg?
    oh i know pick me. it will erase your game and you will have to make a new one

Years
    pokedude55 said:
    oh i know pick me it will erase your game and you will have to make a new one

Hmm I see but saving state, as I said before, should help. After loading state, you can re-save your game so that your file doesn't get deleted :P

Spicoli

Teh Xangoose
    Years
    You get that egg in your PC if you cheated somehow with a device on that cartridge before. Current game or not, its happend to me before.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Transducer said:
    Hmm I see but saving state, as I said before, should help. After loading state, you can re-save your game so that your file doesn't get deleted :P
    True,

But when the Egg hatches it puts like a pernament virus in your game so saving won't help.I had to download the whole ROM again once.

Well uh that's why i don't cheat anymore it really scared me.XD.

Bashaamo

Gimme some Tempura Udon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Oh my God. Same thing happened to me. Did you use action replay for swampert? I used action replay for bellossom, it turned into a bellossom then a bad egg back and forth. Then I moved it. It was there, but it was invisible. I put the invisible bellossom in my party. Then, the bad egg... and my bad egg was weird. It had the pokerus just like yours. It took away my shroomish, slakoth that was rare and a dumb tentacool of mine. I see that you got the bad egg in the day care center. Yours says "It looks like this egg will take a long time to hatch." Mine says "It's moving occassionally. It should hatch soon." Now, that scares me. One of my friends experienced the hatching of a bad egg. The screen turned completely black, but strangely it didn't destroy her game. But don't even try that. She said that she believed it could hatch into a Deoxys. Not true. The bad egg seems to be spreading out the pokerus to my best team, but pokerus is actually a good thing. One person told me, "If you're really desperate, trade all your pokemon to a friend that could be trusted, then start a new game. Then trade all of the pokemon back."Well.... after I thought..... I think I could live with the bad egg. The bad egg sometimes includes not allowing you to ride bikes(didn't happen to me but to my friend yes), it could take away your pokemon stored in pc(happened to me), not allowing you to get berries from the berrymaster(not me). I don't know anything else.

BassX

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If u see a bad egg do not...i repeat do not save.The Bad egg is a glitch that was created to stop people from cheating,sort of a punishment...and it does punish u,all of your PKMN will be turned into Bad eggs even the ones in you PC.They do hatch...but they dont hatch back into the PKMN that was turned into the bad egg,they hatch into a glitch PKMN called HOCK...sort of a new,more advanced MissingNo.Remember do not save or catch!!!!!!!!I dont want what happened to me,happen to u!!!!! (sob)My poor charizard!!!

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Well I loaded from the emulators quick save thingy before I had the bad it turned out that when I canceledd the challenge in the Battle Dome my Swampert turned into a bad Egg so I loaded from the challenge and playe it through and my Swampert wasn't a bad Egg any more :D. And yes I did use a cheating device just to get to the islands where the Legends are located I don't use them though I just like keeping them in my PC :D.

Bashaamo

Gimme some Tempura Udon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    BassX said:
    Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If u see a bad egg do not...i repeat do not save.The Bad egg is a glitch that was created to stop people from cheating,sort of a punishment...and it does punish u,all of your PKMN will be turned into Bad eggs even the ones in you PC.They do hatch...but they dont hatch back into the PKMN that was turned into the bad egg,they hatch into a glitch PKMN called HOCK...sort of a new,more advanced MissingNo.Remember do not save or catch!!!!!!!!I dont want what happened to me,happen to u!!!!! (sob)My poor charizard!!!
    Actually, it's not a punishment. At least I don't think it is. In fact, I got rid of the bad egg a special way. :D My friend taught me. Now, the bad egg has gone, and never again in my way. It really feels good after you get rid of the bad egg, because then you'll know your game and Pok?mon would be safe after all. :D But you need the cheating Device Action Replay to get rid of the bad egg. It's just like undo-ing it. But I have no idea if there are any more ways to get rid of a bad egg.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    >.> You've been here for a couple months now. You should know that you're not suppose to revive threads that are more than a month old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back