• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] A wild pokémon appears!

Spindarig

I'm a cute mixmon!
    Days
    • He/His
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Hello everyone! I'm Spindarig, a good wild companion that made it to this forum by following two or three rom-hacks (by lurking in the shadows).
    I decided to register today to support everyone and see more content here because this place is huge as all the terrain from Kanto & Johto at the same time.
    What could I say about myself? I just learned Dream Eater at level 55 but I don't know Hypnosis.
    Okay, jokes aside: I'm a really old soul, I got my original cartridge of pokémon stadium 1 and my first main game was Pokémon Gold, that is why I'm playing a lot of G/S/C style of games that brings me the joy of that era.

I hope to not break any rules or even try to invoke MissingNo 😂.

I'll leave back to my forest for the time being, read you later!

Hello!

[PokeCommunity.com] A wild pokémon appears!

Do you remember the first starter you picked in Gold?
    If so is it a Pokemon you still pick when playing through Johto//Kanto?

For me my first interaction with Johto was HGSS and my first pick was Chikorita, which is still my favorite Johto starter, though I've picked all three at various points in time =3

Hello there Spindarig, and welcome to the PC!

What ROM Hacks were you following to find us? (I might be able to guess at least one based on your avatar hahaha)

Do you have a favorite among the ROM Hacks you've played?

Hello!

Do you remember the first starter you picked in Gold?
    If so is it a Pokemon you still pick when playing through Johto//Kanto?

For me my first interaction with Johto was HGSS and my first pick was Chikorita, which is still my favorite Johto starter, though I've picked all three at various points in time =3

My first starter on Gold was Cyndaquil and I really love choosing it whenever I get the chance!
    Sometimes I feel I don't give the proper spotlight to Totodile and Chikorita, I feel they are all solid as starters (I also played R/S/E, B/W 1 and 2).

Hello there Spindarig, and welcome to the PC!

What ROM Hacks were you following to find us? (I might be able to guess at least one based on your avatar hahaha)

Do you have a favorite among the ROM Hacks you've played?

I'm playing Pokémon Coral and Crystal Clear (by ShockSlayer).

I really enjoy playing them on my spare time, the aesthetics makes me smile a lot.

Another thing I'm looking for right now is to find new stories (at least in G/S/C rom hacks), I love writing myself (I don't do it in English so often, more in my mother language) and that is why I would like to experiment more.

If you ask why Spindalig, it is a joke to my couple because she seems to be an Spinda and I thought I could be a girafarig.

I'm playing Pokémon Coral and Crystal Clear (by ShockSlayer).

I really enjoy playing them on my spare time, the aesthetics makes me smile a lot.

Another thing I'm looking for right now is to find new stories (at least in G/S/C rom hacks), I love writing myself (I don't do it in English so often, more in my mother language) and that is why I would like to experiment more.

If you ask why Spindalig, it is a joke to my couple because she seems to be an Spinda and I thought I could be a girafarig.

Cool! I'm not familiar with those, but I am a fan of nice aesthetics!

The site has a whole section dedicated to writing here, if you haven't found it yourself yet. You might find some G/S/C stories there, but I can't say for sure.

That's really sweet of you! I thought your avatar was inspired by Infinite Fusion haha.

Hello everyone! I'm Spindarig, a good wild companion that made it to this forum by following two or three rom-hacks (by lurking in the shadows).
    I decided to register today to support everyone and see more content here because this place is huge as all the terrain from Kanto & Johto at the same time.
    What could I say about myself? I just learned Dream Eater at level 55 but I don't know Hypnosis.
    Okay, jokes aside: I'm a really old soul, I got my original cartridge of pokémon stadium 1 and my first main game was Pokémon Gold, that is why I'm playing a lot of G/S/C style of games that brings me the joy of that era.

Hello Spindarig, and welcome to the forums!
    It seems you have been using the Pokémon Fusion system! I have tried it, on Pokémon volunteers but also on myself! Here is the result with a discarded scale of Rayquaza I found!
    Spoiler:

Quazardevoir! Nice sounding name, right ?
    I really liked it, but it was a bit too troublesome to sleep properly and my journalist colleagues seemed a bit too nervous so I finally changed back to the good old Fact Checking Gardevoir.

It is great to see new members who have been playing since the first generations (like me, I started with Red, and Gold is my third favourite game!).
    What do you especially like in Pokémon Coral and Crystal Clear ?

Hello Spindarig, and welcome to the forums!
    It seems you have been using the Pokémon Fusion system! I have tried it, on Pokémon volunteers but also on myself! Here is the result with a discarded scale of Rayquaza I found!

Quazardevoir! Nice sounding name, right ?
    I really liked it, but it was a bit too troublesome to sleep properly and my journalist colleagues seemed a bit too nervous so I finally changed back to the good old Fact Checking Gardevoir.

It is great to see new members who have been playing since the first generations (like me, I started with Red, and Gold is my third favourite game!).
    What do you especially like in Pokémon Coral and Crystal Clear ?

Hello Miss Gardevoir!
    I loved that mix you made, the first impression it gave me was "fierce", "solid" and "solemn". The name is kinda awkward for me because I keep missreading Quartz (and that would be more sounding to Diancie).

And I hope to not be the only one to get an account and share some time with you (because I feel some are still shy, as Entei, Raikou and Suicune. They run away whenever I want to party with them haha).

What I like from both Rom hacks: they change in some ways the feeling of gen 2, making me wonder about how vibrant is the world and making every NPC I got across to be worth my time (because one get used to keep pressing A just to skip dialogue), Coral's brand new story is pretty nice and in the case of Crystal Clear I have to remember what I did in my original Gold copy to at least get the ropes of what is and isn't there, so in that case it feels nostalgic but in a good manner.

Thank you for passing by here and I hope we can share more replies from now on 😁

Hello Miss Gardevoir!
    I loved that mix you made, the first impression it gave me was "fierce", "solid" and "solemn". The name is kinda awkward for me because I keep missreading Quartz (and that would be more sounding to Diancie).

And I hope to not be the only one to get an account and share some time with you (because I feel some are still shy, as Entei, Raikou and Suicune. They run away whenever I want to party with them haha).

What I like from both Rom hacks: they change in some ways the feeling of gen 2, making me wonder about how vibrant is the world and making every NPC I got across to be worth my time (because one get used to keep pressing A just to skip dialogue), Coral's brand new story is pretty nice and in the case of Crystal Clear I have to remember what I did in my original Gold copy to at least get the ropes of what is and isn't there, so in that case it feels nostalgic but in a good manner.

Thank you for passing by here and I hope we can share more replies from now on 😁

Hehe, I picked this name from both my name and the two last parts of Rayquaza's, but also because it sounds similar to "quasar", a very big stellar object (and one we would not want to get too close to!). About the Legendary trio, I can relate! I tried to interview them to fact-check their Pokédex entries but they kept jumping away!

These ROM hacks sound neat! I have not tried a lot of ROM hacks myself, though, mostly fan games like Insurgence or Reborn (great fan games by the way)!

I am quite busy these days with my job (being a fact-checker isn't all about taking naps or drinking Oran Berry Juice ^^) but I look forward to hear more from you!

Welcome to the forums spindarig!
    I see you like fusions, i do to! here is my favorite!
    Spoiler:

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Welcome to the forums spindarig!
    I see you like fusions, i do to! here is my favorite!
    Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Hello Lavender, thanks for your welcome.
    I liked your fusion! the colors are vibrant and that is what I love the most of the insects (That is another point I love to stay with Vivillons).
    I really appreciate your kindness about if I have some question, sometimes I use Amnesia and don't know where I left the car's keys hehe.

I really appreciate your kindness about if I have some question, sometimes I use Amnesia and don't know where I left the car's keys hehe.

If you knew how often I use Amnesia... then I forget where I put this or that, or I find myself lost somewhere... Good thing I always keep a map!

Back