• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A wild stranger appeared!

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    Hello there everyone, I'm Moriko, and I've joined this forum because I've recently obtained a minor, or, soon to be large, interest for the Pokèmon franchise. I've come from the fourth generation, so at the moment the thought of having to remember the names of another 105 Pokèmon isn't that pleasant. Hopefully there are still some folk out there that still interact with the fourth generation games. Because I've not even bought any Pokèmon games past that generation.

I'm not really sure what I'll actually be able to contribute to this forum due to my lack of knowledge around Pokèmon. I can't even remember the names of the evolvense forms of starters. But, I'm going to try, attempt, most likely fail, at researching the world of Pokèmon a little bit more. So, yeah, this will be my famous introduction I shall hopefully be able to look back upon and laugh about how idiotic I was, before sipping a cup of icetea while a butler offers me another biscuit to innocently much upon.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hey there Moriko!
    Your intro is awesome, very original and funny, that means i like you already ^^
    Don't worry about only having played the fourth Gen, it's nice to see people get interested in Pokemon, and given time, I'm sure you'll learn a lot and become pretty much an expert yourself! If you want, you can go ahead and check out the *4th Gen Board*, and share your opinion about different Pokemon topics there. If you get a chance, you should try out the newer Pokemon Games, they are a bunch of fun and I'm sure you'll like them.

If you want to know more about Pokemon or meet new people, don't be afraid to talk to other members, everyone is very friendly and loves to help out (: Just be yourself and have fun, that's all you need on this forum! :D If i can do anything else for you, just let me know!

Really nice to have you with us Moriko!!

Years
  • Hey! I'm currently playing 4th Gen at the moment (Diamond), it has some really cool pokemon, such as Cranidos and Carnivine.

I actually think I'm preferring it to Black/White, but I'm sure there would be many people who would beg to differ!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • actually think I'm preferring it to Black/White, but I'm sure there would be many people who would beg to differ!

I agree with you on that, i thought Black and White weren't all that great. I love Black2 and White2 though, and I'm currently playing Platinum myself doing a challenge :D

Years
  • Phew, it's good to know I have some support on that! I found the gyms were very impressive but most of the new pokemon were uninspiring, and I didn't really fancy any of the starters!

I've yet to try Black2 / White2, mainly because of having buy a new machine to play it on. Is it good then? I found the story of N and the freedom-for-pokemon thing very interesting... do they follow that up?

See Mokito, don't worry about having not played Gen V :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Haha yeah you have definitely my support on that! I thought some of the new pokemon were pretty cool, but over-all i like the other Gen's better, pokemon-wise.
    Black2/White2 though are awesome! The National Pokedex has pokemon from every region, there is the PWT where you can battle every Gym Leader and League Champ EVER!! I really enjoyed the game a lot and i'm currently replaying it just for fun :D
    Yeah they did follow up the story, and N makes a reappearance! But no more spoilers ;)

Years
  • Naw, there are plenty of people indeed who still love and play the fourth generation games, believe me. I'm planning on restarting my HeartGold and later rebuy Platinum so I could play through that again, so there's that for me, too! They're all wonderful games. :) Welcome to the forum, Moriko!

Aww yeah, I can imagine how tough it must be to memorize Pokemon names if you're new to the franchise, but I can easily say it's easier to remember 100+ Pokemon names and types than it is to memorize even twenty things from the periodic table. After all, Pokemon is so much more fun, right? *~* Don't worry at all about not being able to contribute much, because that's untrue! We do have plenty of members who are either new to the series or haven't played for a long time, so you're totally fine. Besides, any fan's input is appreciated regardless of how long they have been into it. We even have a bunch of awesome off-topic sections you can participate in anytime, like polls, clubs, debates, and trivia, so that door is always open, too. There are plenty of things you can do here!

Do hope you can try some of the other games soon, though! Pokemon deserves all the attention it can get. :D I recommend Black 2 & White 2, it was so awesome omg. It's all on you in the end though, so have a blast and I'll see you around, all right?

(Also pff, your intro is quite good. I bet you'll look back on it and be proud!)

Back