• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "A Wild Yveltal Appeared!" - The Legendary Pokémon Thread

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Have you been able to encounter any legendary Pokémon yet? If so, which ones were they? Have you not been able capture any of the legendaries, or have you caught them all? Out of all the legendaries that you've met so far, which one(s) is (or are) your favorite? Why do you like them? Have you used any of them on your team, or did you put them in one of your PC boxes immediately after catching them?

As for myself, I haven't been able to run into any legendaries as of yet. I'm really looking forward to encountering Yveltal, though. It's my most favorite legendary Pokémon of Kalos. I may have it on my team just for a test run, but after that, I'll end up putting it inside my PC. I would keep it, but I mostly don't use legendaries (well, unless they're not banned in online play). I'm also looking forward to meeting Mewtwo. I'm not exactly sure if I'll encounter it before or after the main story ends, but I seriously hope that it's after—by then, my team would be fully prepared to take on almost anything. :)

Years
    Yes, I have encountered so far Yveltal, Mewtwo, Zygarde & Moltres.

I have been able to capture all of them except for moltres (extremely sad for that reason, because if it's not possible to catch it, why on earth would you put it in the game, been running after it like crazy, every single time I encounter it, it flees!!!!!!! I have searched the entire internet for this, but it seems like I'm the only person who encountered it, because there is nobody seems to be asking for help in the internet For catching Moltres!!!

My favorite is Mewtwo, but Moltres is fire so I guess I have to say both :p I like them because those pokemon are the reason why I fell in love with the anime and the game, when I say those I mean Kanto :)

Yes, I am using Mewtwo & Yveltal only, put Zygarde in PC box.

As for you, just want you to know Yveltal is really a wonderful pokemon, and it's easiest to catch among those legendaries :), good luck ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    I'm in the same boat as you. I encountered and captured Yveltal, Mewtwo and Zygarde. Moltres is the only Legendary Bird I've encountered and every time it's fled. No idea how you can capture him.

Years
    I'm in the same boat as you. I encountered and captured Yveltal, Mewtwo and Zygarde. Moltres is the only Legendary Bird I've encountered and every time it's fled. No idea how you can capture him.

Hope somebody will figure it out, and tells us.
    I have a feeling it's a sick joke from Nintendo >,< it's like the Nintendo guys are sitting on a chair and eating pop corn and laughing on us, I literally am imagining that >,<

Could it be some kind of teaser!

OR maybe we still need to do something before being able to catch it!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    Yes, I have encountered so far Yveltal, Mewtwo, Zygarde & Moltres.

I have been able to capture all of them except for moltres (extremely sad for that reason, because if it's not possible to catch it, why on earth would you put it in the game, been running after it like crazy, every single time I encounter it, it flees!!!!!!! I have searched the entire internet for this, but it seems like I'm the only person who encountered it, because there is nobody seems to be asking for help in the internet For catching Moltres!!!

My favorite is Mewtwo, but Moltres is fire so I guess I have to say both :p I like them because those pokemon are the reason why I fell in love with the anime and the game, when I say those I mean Kanto :)

Yes, I am using Mewtwo & Yveltal only, put Zygarde in PC box.

As for you, just want you to know Yveltal is really a wonderful pokemon, and it's easiest to catch among those legendaries :), good luck ;)

You need to have a pokemon in front with the ability Shadow Tag, so the legendary bird isn't able to flee.
    So this means you have to have Wobbuffet or Wynaut, or Gothita/Litwick evolution line, but they have Shadow Tag as their Hidden Ability.

Arena Trap won't work, because it is ground.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I thought catching Xerneas was ridiculously easy- maybe I was just lucky though.

My Charizard used Ember, which took away a minute amount of health. However, Xerneas got burnt so I was terrified of knocking it out, so I just went "screw it" and threw Ultra Balls at it.

Caught it on 2nd ball.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    You need to have a pokemon in front with the ability Shadow Tag, so the legendary bird isn't able to flee.
    So this means you have to have Wobbuffet or Wynaut, or Gothita/Litwick evolution line, but they have Shadow Tag as their Hidden Ability.

Thank you, I'll try that out soon. Just need to catch up to the damn bird again. xD

Years
    I've got Xerneas, Zygarde and Mewtwo. Xerneas hasn't ever left my party since I got him. I'm working on the birds now. I've encountered Zapdos but not Articuno (My favourite legendary other than Mew and Celebi) or Moltres.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013

It didn't work. I managed to track it down again and made sure my Wobbuffet (has the ability) came out first. Moltres immediately fled.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    I read on a different website this: After chasing Moltres into tall grass in and out around 10-15 times (I also chained it 3 times in a row without flying, that might also have been the trigger), it flew to Sea Spirit's Den. Upon reaching this area, I was able to fight it without it fleeing. So yeah, that's what it's for. I also theorize that Lugia might appear here if you catch all three birds, since it's the sea-based pokemon that is tied to the three. But that's just a theory. this explains how to catch moltres well a theory and also creates a theory behind sea spirits den

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    I've only caught Xerneas so far (taking a break since I beat the whole main story in basically a day) and it was easy. Paralyzed it with Jolteon and hit it with one Thunderbolt, threw 2 Ultra Balls and success.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    I have encountered Mewtwo (Soft Resetting for a Timid Nature), The Tres Birds. I have found Zygrade but I am waiting on confirmation if it's possible to obtain a shiny version of him before I decide to SR for a Shiny version or not.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    In the process for looking for Zygarde. Totally lost in this cave though.

And for runners, I find Mean Look to be somewhat effective. Get your Gengars (or less effective Crobats) and just chip away, restore the Mean Lookers health, and you got a decent chance. Jk, now I know what you mean by they flee instantly. ._.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Have only caught Yveltal so far, not in the post-game part yet. Once I do though I will make it my mission to catch those three birds. I wanna test and see if you do indeed get Luigia after getting all 3.

I hope there are more previous gen legendaries available. Normally the games have them right? I mean not all but a good chunk? Because they can't ALL be event downloads..

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    From what I've seen it may be that the Legendary Bird that appears is reactive to what starter you've chosen. So say if you picked Froakie you'll always see Moltres or Chespin and Articuno.

In terms of what Legendarys are available, so far there's only Yveltal/Xerneas, Zygarde, Mewtwo and Articuno/Zaptos/Moltres. That's it.

Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to add a reply to say I finally managed to capture Moltres ^_^

It's down to a matter of chasing him around several times until he retreats to the Sea Spirit Den. After that it's down to just capturing.

Last edited:
    Back