• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen About Catching Mew

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
Years
  • I have Mew, and I have Celebi, and I have them both on Gold, I transferred Mew to Gold. You could get them during some events. However I don't know if you can get them in FR/LG, but if the sprite and info for Mew is in the game it must be obtainable somehow, if it isn't within the game, it will be on another special event Nintendo will hold.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • It's yellow version so who's that related to RSE... and also the truck trick won't work so have fun screaming out "WHAT THIS ISN'T WORKING!"

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    this was a bad post. how did it turn into a hot thread?

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • FRLG does have plenty to do with Lugia/Ho-oh and Deoxys due to the tickets, making all legendaries catchable EXCEPT Mew and Celebi, because their location is not within the game anywhere at all. Their data is present, but you can't catch them.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Latioscatcher said:
    wat!? in the japanese vesrion they are and the english nah
    And mind if you want to back up yourself, such as which E-card specifically, given out during which nintendo event and so on?

Oh, and "but I can't tell you because it's in japanese" don't count as a valid excuse for not answering.

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
  • It DOES work, I tried it not too long ago. Plus I'm sure a bunch of other people would back me up on that. Only problem with it is you could then only have Mew on r/b/y or g/s/c. Can't go to r/s or fr/lg as far as I know.

It really does work!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Serebii has confirmed the use of ANOTHER ticket that shall be used to go to World's Edge Island... implying that it's outside of Hoenn. There's apparently a maze to get through, then a place with a Wild Mew which runs away, and which you have to corner. Once cornered, press A to fight and hopefully capture. Well... that's good at least. Now what about Celebi for US/Europe/Aus gamers? :/

Back