• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen About GSC Eevee.

Super Wario 64

So i herd u liek me?
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Is it possible to trade a Lv36 Eevee that had just learned Focus Energy to Crystal that lets him try to learn Baton Pass?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Yes, it will know focus energy and once its been traded then it can learn baton pass. ;)
    No, that won't work. The Eevee will not learn Baton Pass.

If you really want Focus Energy and Baton Pass on the same Eevee, you can breed the Eevee so that it has Focus energy as an egg move and then trade that Eevee to Crystal (before level 36).

Years
  • The only way a Pokémon will learn a move through level up, will be levelling up the Pokémon in the field or a Rare Candy, evolving it at a certain level the evolved form learns a new move, so the evolved Pokémon will learn the level when it evolves, or by trading the Pokémon so it evolves, much like the 2nd option, only learning it when its a new form.

As Eevee will already be at the Baton Pass level, and wont evolve via trade, it cant learn both on the same Eevee. Unless you Focus Energy breed an Eevee, that is.

Or, off topic, its in Gen 3/4, and you Heart Scale the move, but then the Eevee point is irrelavent. Just extra info i spose.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • Yep, if Eevee had a pre evo like so pokémon do and that pre evo learned the attack earlier if you didn't let it evolve, you could delay the evolution and then trade it, evolve it and learn the new attack, but since this is not the case, only through breeding.

Back