• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen About to fight the Elite 4, am I ready?

Years
    Edit: Beat them a couple days ago, I just used Groudon and Latios.

I am about the Elite 4, I just need to know if my pokemon are strong enough. These are my Pokemon.

Umbreon:

Level 43

Moves: Bite, Dark Pulse, Swift, Dig

Ability: Synchronize

Gyarados:

Level 43

Moves: Surf, Waterfall, Dive

Ability: Intimidate

Gardevoir:

Level 44

Moves: Disarming Voice, Psychic, Secret Power, Shadow Ball

Ability: Synchronize

Item: Garderoirite

Sceptile:

Level 44

Moves: Cut, Leaf Blade, Mega Drain, Dual Chop

Ability: Overgrow

Item: Sceptilite

Latios:

Level 44

Moves: Zen Headbut, Dragon Breath, Luster Purge, Fly

Ability: Levitate

Item: Latiosite

Groudon:

Level 45

Moves: Lava Plume, Strength, Earthquake, Precipice Blades

Ability: Drought

Item: Red Orb

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    You might want to grind a couple more levels. You could probably win with those levels if you really clean up your movesets (get rid of HMs, use some setup moves, give Gyarados better physical moves and get rid of Surf and Dive, etc.), but with the power creep this time around I'm not quite sure. You might even need to super train specific stats to win at those levels. I kinda rushed through the last quarter of the game with the EXP share on this time around so I could reach the postgame faster. I know in the original RSE games you could do it with levels much lower than that.

Last edited:

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
    I think you should level just a little bit more before you attempt it, somewhere around the 50-55 range just to be on the safe side. I've found that OR/AS's Elite Four are significantly harder than X/Y's, but that's just a personal opinion. Have fun on the journey, and the best of luck!

Years
    A little training wouldn't hurt, but I think you could probably win with those levels. As @Deliciousfruit233 mentioned, you should definitely clean up Gyarados's moveset; Waterfall is fine, but maybe consider Ice Fang and/or Earthquake for physical coverage moves, and maybe even Thunder Wave for a utility move since your team is really lacking that atm.

Other than that, I think you're fine, tbh. The ORAS Elite Four really aren't that tough; I could see you having problems with Glacia and potentially Drake based on the typing of your team, but I don't think it'll be a huge deal (Ice Fang on Gyarados will definitely help against Drake). Having Groudon and Latios should definitely make things easier as well.

Back