• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About Ugly pokemon

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
Years
  • What is wrong with the 4th gen?
    Unless people prefer contest over battles, i'd keep the Evo's.

Sure a Rhyperior may be Uglyer but overall which one has the better stats?

i have a Ugly Rhyperior agist a cute Rhydon. Rhydon may be cuter but it sucks with it's base stat of 485 while ugly Rhyperior's stat of 535 rules.

Many people are judgeing pokemon by thier look's rather than thier Abilities.

It's almost a shame.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • What is wrong with the 4th gen?
    Unless people prefer contest over battles, i'd keep the Evo's.

Sure a Rhyperior may be Uglyer but overall which one has the better stats?

i have a Ugly Rhyperior agist a cute Rhydon. Rhydon may be cuter but it sucks with it's base stat of 485 while ugly Rhyperior's stat of 535 rules.

Many people are judgeing pokemon by thier look's rather than thier Abilities.

It's almost a shame.

We're not hating for looks/stats. We're hating them for "un-originality." Instead of making cool new ones, we just altered the really old ones to make new ones, which is a bad move.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Considering the 4th generation had some big shoes to fill, it wasn't the best choice trying to fill even bigger shoes by evolving from a 1st generation Pokemon. The hate is mainly because no one wants to use Pokemon that look like no effort was put into them. It's like they said, "Here's this ugly Pokemon, but we'll make it fantastic with these amazing stats!"

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Stats don't matter as much as EV Training, movesets, and abilities, you know.​

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Giving a Pokemon a evolution doesn't make the Pokemon more powerful, it justs creates a Pokemon that shadows the pre-evolution.

Lukum

MASTER OMEGA
    Years
  • i dont like sinnoh pokemon OR the new graphics for vgames; THEY SUCK!!!! i dont like the fact their making all these STUPID evolutions for AWESOME pokemon

Kaisuki

Purplicious.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    I disagree...

Un-originality just represents GameFreak's ideas for new Pokemon. Some Pokemon should never have evolutions, like Absol and Shuckle. They are unique theirselves and if they are given evolutions that takes away their unique-ness. Rhydon should of been the last evolution line in the Rhyhorn family but then Rhyperior comes in. Seriously.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • Ummm...saying Rypherior ruined Rhydon is (IMO) in a way, like saying pet cats ruined wild cats.

EDIT: I'm sorry if my post offends anyone.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • most of the hate comes from people saying, "Rhydon and Magneton were powerful enough on its own, there was no need to evolve it when they could've given us more original pokemon!" or, on the other end of the spectrum, "Tangrowth and Lickilicky aren't very viable in the competitive scene, so what was the point in evolving them when they could've given us more original pokemon?"

yeah...

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Looks are a part of it. Obviously in something like competitive battling, they mean nothing, but when you're playing the game casually, it's not unusual for you to want a team that doesn't look ugly. Of course, being ugly is a matter of opinion - some Pokémon that others have called ugly I don't find to be so. It's just one criterion among many for judging Pokémon. :s

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • Stats don't matter as much as EV Training, movesets, and abilities, you know.​
    Thank you...I'd love to see an awesome trained Rhydon beat the s*** out of a weak Rhyperior

I wouldn't be suprised if they decided to give Pikachu an 2nd evolution to Raichu, and the new evolution had better stats than Raichu...

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
  • i thought they looked pretty good too :P
    so did i, i thought they looked pretty cool. but i agree that some of the 4gen pokemon are ugly. just take a look at purugly (more like pureugly). i think alot of the evo-hate is also just love for the classics, which i can understand. id rather have a brand new pokemon with no evolution line than a new evo for an old pokemon any day, but thats just me. but i honestly have NO problem with ugly pokemon. who cares how they look? the only thing that matters in contests is your OWN skill anyway. a muk thats had a lot of the right kind of poffins/pokeblocks and that does the appeal round well will ALWAYS pwn a jigglypuff thats only had a couple poffins and does ok in the appeal round in a cute contest.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • The hate is mainly because no one wants to use Pokemon that look like no effort was put into them. It's like they said, "Here's this ugly Pokemon, but we'll make it fantastic with these amazing stats!"

And yet no one criticizes Voltorb and Seal or even Pidgey.

Looks never mattered to me much, the real no effort designs are the most popular ones.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • and what about ugly pokemon?
    well they're ugly.

Fourth generation was indeed not as promissing as any before it. The extra evolutions of previous generations given were unnecessary. YES; they were ugly. I want to smack the creators in the head.
    you know how they say looks don't matter and personality does?
    well its the opposite for pokemon,
    appearence matters, and stats don't.
    in my opinion. those who think stats are the greatest thing in the world can go right ahead and believe that. :)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I like every single pokemon from generation four. None of them are ugly, and they are all original and interesting.

Back