• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Absol Ownage!!!

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
  • Wow guys, I've been trying this Absol on shoddy, and already it has swept fourteams by itself!!!

Absol@Focus Sash
    Adamant Nature
    Super Luck
    252 Attack 252 Speed 6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Sucker Punch
    Psycho Cut
    X Scissor

I tried to be individual and not use Night Slash like all the others. This Absol is pretty darn brilliant. With the extra speed EV's, it manages to get in ay least one Swords Dance before a Tauntrados manages to use taunt. It will always get in an attack boost before it faints, and whatever the foe does, sucker punch always kills them even if it's a gyro ball Forretress! You guys dhould really try one!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Do you have proof that it kills Forretress ?

I highly doubt that 0_o

252 ATT EV Absols Sucker Punch does

Defender HP: 354
    Damage: 171 - 201
    Damage: 48.31% - 56.78%

on 252 hp / 196 def Relaxed/impish Forretress

After a SWORDS DANCE AND A CRITICAL HIT

So i suggest you remove the last part about it beating forretress. The only time you will ever beat forretress is if you get a swords dance and a 3 crit hits, this is something you should not be relying on even with super luck. By which time you will be Gyro Balled to death.

Also the above damage numbers are without leftovers recovery, which restore 6 % so you looking at a 3hko for max damage after a swords dance and a crit hit.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • This set gets terribly walled by steel types...I don't really get what is so amazing about it to be honest. Maybe it's just me, but this is nothing I'd really fear going against.

And really, if it could kill Forry, is could kill a lot of other things, like skarm. Don't you think somebody would have noticed that by now? that Forry must have really sucked...no offense, but that just makes no sense.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • Will do =D Oh, and it often gets Critical hits due to super luck. BTW it was after 3 swords dance that it killed that Forretress with a Critical Psycho Cut.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • Ha, no one remebers my Absol:

Absol(Wolfsbane)@Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252
    Trait:Super Luck
    Nature: Adamant

-Swords Dance
    -Sucker Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Psycho Cut

It was basically the same thing, Absol's too slow to sweep without some BPing, so some SDed STAB Sucker Punches OHKO most things, though it does get walled by Steels, it's fun to use.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2017
    I faced one of those on Shoddy the other day. It got a Swords Dance in, but Staraptor pretty much walled it. He tried to Sucker Punch me only to get a Featherdance in the face.
    xD

Also, Sucker Punch on Absol is nothing new. And there is no way a Sucker Punch could OHKO a Forrtress. Maybe one at 20%. Maybe.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Will do =D Oh, and it often gets Critical hits due to super luck. BTW it was after 3 swords dance that it killed that Forretress with a Critical Psycho Cut.

Nothing can really stand up to something with three Swords Dances in. o.o

#Gecko#

Alert: Tacos Rule
    Years
  • I doubt that, too. Absol's moveset should be choice

Absol@Sash
    Adamant/Lonely
    252 Atk,Spd 4HP
    Super Luck
    -Night Slash
    -Fire Blast
    -Swords Dance
    -Psycho Cut/Stone Edge

Fire Blast could surprise Steel types so that's why Lonely is put into consideration.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I doubt that, too. Absol's moveset should be choice

Absol@Sash
    Adamant/Lonely
    252 Atk,Spd 4HP
    Super Luck
    -Night Slash
    -Fire Blast
    -Swords Dance
    -Psycho Cut/Stone Edge

Fire Blast could surprise Steel types so that's why Lonely is put into consideration.

A choice moveset without a choice item...interesting :0

I just use absol for BPing in UU play. It does the job fine.

Back