• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add Pokémon names to your Firefox dictionary en mass

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
Years
  • I'm not sure if this has been said already or not, but I recently found where Firefox stores your personal words that you add to the dictionary when something is "misspelled" (Firefox doesn't know that word).

Well, I don't know about you, but I think that Volbeat and Staraptor are words that I am spelling quite correctly, and they should not include little red squigglies under them.

Solution?

1. Navigate your way to
      C:\Users\[S-HIGHLIGHT]USER[/S-HIGHLIGHT]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
      (where USER = your username, obviously)
    2. Go into the folder that says [S-HIGHLIGHT]xxxxxxxx[/S-HIGHLIGHT].default
      (where xxxxxxxx is a bunch of gibberish)
    3. Open persdict.dat in Notepad.
    You'll then see all the words that you've added to your dictionary,
    which should be one word per line.
    If it's not, I highly recommend hitting enter after each one just to make sure it plays nice with Firefox when you're finished editing.

Now, copy the list below and paste it into that file.
    Spoiler:

NOTE: I am boycotting generation 5, and thus, it is not included, because I just don't care enough.

EDIT: Added generation 5 because I realized I shouldn't inconvenience others just because I don't personally agree with something.
    Also added the word "Pokémon" with and without capitalization, with and without accent.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • This looks interesting; thanks for the tip. I do get annoyed on occasion when Pokemon are said to be "spelled wrong" in Microsoft Word and Mozilla FireFox and such...

But why couldn't you just insert Generation V as well? Despite its numerous flaws, I don't think a boycott is warranted, especially when it features the likes of Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyuremu, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Victini, Genosect, Emboar, Samurott, and Serperior to more than make up for the nomenclature tragedies of Sawk and Throh.

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
    Years
  • Well, since there's a demand for it (however small), I'll edit them into the main post as well.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Lordy lordy. I would kill to get this for Mac. /doesn't trust herself enough to go hunting for it on her Mac computer. But anyway, very nice work!

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • Oh god, thanks so much about that. I've been constantly adding single names using right-click+add to dictionary, and it's been a huge pain. Now thanks to you that has been completely fixed :D
    By the way, I would like to add that you need to restart firefox for the changes to take effect. So don't worry if it seems not to be working.

Pikachu Groudon Empoleon Snivy Deoxys Dunsparce Pokemon Heatran

Back