• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Illusion

Years
    Well, if it's not that then my next guess would be that you messed up on the def pbDisplayUseMessage(attacker) modification bit. Did you put the "return 0" after the end of the "if" section?
    If you put it before the end then the move usage will only proc when you don't have illusion.

I put that bit correctly.

The problem would be in the display message part... I've seen your recent scripts and you like to put the second part (the else part) on the same line as the else, check it.

I didn't deviate from the codes you put, just copied and pasted. There's some things I'm going to have to change later(for double battles and switch ins, etc) but I wanted to make sure I get this working properly first.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Then remove it all and try again, it works, so I don't know what to suggest.

Years
    I'm dumb, I forgot to create the def pbLastUnfainted method in PokeBattle_Moves, so it wasn't able to call the method, and just skipped it instead of returning an error.

Everything works great now, thank you for all your help.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    You don't have to put it in PokeBattle_Moves... If you put it in a new script section, you can call it for something else too ;)

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I've not played any games after HG/SS, so I'm unaware that this ability works under conditions: Switching or Baton Pass (or any of the like)... Personally, I'd assume it only works if the Pokémon is at position 1 (or sent in to battle first), because if this Pokémon was at position 4 or 6 (if the party is full for example), then it can't create an illusion of itself... I also don't think you should make it so it can copy a species that is the same (i.e having 2 of the same Pokémon)... You need to also add PokéBall (which i assume is to do with PvP, so may be irrelevant), name and shininess.

Rant Start.
    If you're making this ability public, I'd like credit... I've helped with a few moves and abilities around here and the guys I've helped have taken all the credit, it's unacceptable in my opinion... If it's in your game, I'd also like credit where deserved... I highly doubt that the 300 or whatever people who have viewed this thread, didn't take this move to either test or use in-game... As goes for any other move I have helped with or created and I'm yet to see my name in any games' credit list, in this community... It's getting to the point where I may as well not help and let people struggle... I'm starting to see Marunos reluctance.
    Rant End.

Back