• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Adding Z-Moves to Elite Battle System (Almost There)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Am waiting for v18 and the new EBS version to turn back with this project.

NoNoNever

Creator from Pokemon Illuison, Pokemon Arcadia, Po
Years

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Then I guess the project will have been canceled. I had illusions at all, because essentials was removed by Nintendo and Luka deleted his YouTube channel and I think he has left it too. It's a shame. I don't think they're going to release version v18.0, even so I have some hope.

You need to know more before you can make this kind of comment, IMO. I stopped doing just waiting for the release of the new versions, and before saying that I researched and witnessed both Luka and Maruno debates about the future of EBS and Essentials.

You don't need to check RC forum for that. Maruno posted here too:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=423494

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
So to clarify myself, the project has not been canceled and is going ahead, right?

But what I don't understand is because it puts in the title add z moves in elite battle system and then goes and releases Maruno: "Conversely, I'm ignoring Z-Moves. They're stupid anyway, and I can spend my time on better things instead. " So you won't add z moves in essentials v18?

And I depend on Maruno to script Z-Move? I don't think so. So yes, I'll wait to adapt the script and then go back to the animation project as already said.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I know that you're waiting for v18 but will this script work on v17? I've already spent a lot of time working on scripting moves and abilities in v17 so I'm not sure I want to start over in v18.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
I know that you're waiting for v18 but will this script work on v17? I've already spent a lot of time working on scripting moves and abilities in v17 so I'm not sure I want to start over in v18.

I think will have some little new codes, defs, modules, etc, yeah. I recommend you to stop to code until v18 be released (like what I doing xD).

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I'm fine with you waiting for v18, but could you release an ebs z-move script for v17 sometime in the future? I probably won't be switching to v18 since I don't wanna have to rewrite all my move and ability scripts.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
I'm fine with you waiting for v18, but could you release an ebs z-move script for v17 sometime in the future? I probably won't be switching to v18 since I don't wanna have to rewrite all my move and ability scripts.

Me too! I am also a bit curious to see how will they be handled in the V18 release

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Same way that I did when I added into v17.2 + EBS: reading, studying and trial and errors.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
The script to play z-move and ultra burst is done. Now I just need to create/script each zmove animation to finish it.

Back