• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elements1

Meh
Years
I usually pick Charmander and like Zorogami I also chose Squritle. Charmander is more of an attacker while Blastoise is defensive, so all depends what you like. I rarely pick grass starters though as I find them to weak to my attack needs.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 2, 2014
Hi!

I just bought 5 Gen III loose cartridges on eBay, coming from Singapore. GreenLeaf, RedFire, Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby, all French versions. However a strange detail caught my attention. On each of those cartridges, whenever you save a file, the game freezes for a few seconds. I have never experienced that in any legit Gen III game I've played in the past(or any other Pokemon game I can recall of, for that matter), so I'm worried that those cartridges might be counterfeit. Apart from that they all look like the official games from the outside, and in-game they all seem to behave like official games(no weird messages about save files, etc).

So my question is: can a game freeze during a file save be a sign of a counterfeit version? Or can this also happen on legit versions, for some reason?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So my question is: can a game freeze during a file save be a sign of a counterfeit version? Or can this also happen on legit versions, for some reason?

Things like this would never happen to an original cartridge. So unless it's damaged (which I'm sure it's not), I would call it fake. This is just an assumption, though. :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In my first run of Pokémon FireRed, I winded up going with Charmander. In my second run, I picked Squirtle. These three are equally as good, though, so all you have to do is just pick a favorite. :]

Years
I think I'm going to try Squirtle. Hopefully he is okay with Misty, and Surge will be interesting. I'm not a grass pokemon lover either. They do have their strengths, but in my opinion they are weak.

Also I've seen speedruns with picking Squirtle. So we shall see.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 2, 2014
Things like this would never happen to an original cartridge. So unless it's damaged (which I'm sure it's not), I would call it fake. This is just an assumption, though. :P

That would be my assumption too. I could maybe let it slide if it was only one cartridge, but to have it happening on ALL 5 cartridges is just way too suspect.

Thanks for your answer, will try to get them returned now...

Years
I picked Squirtle and breezed through Brock, and when I got to Misty I got through on my first time. I was surprised I've never done that before. What I did was I got mega kick after exiting mt moon, and got her in two hits. =D I'm a happy person!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, it's actually pretty easy to get through the first two gym leaders with Squirtle. It could be a little challenging once you go up against Lt. Surge and Erika, though.

Years
Elite Four : Best Place for Training?

I'll be honest when I played Red and Blue as a kid it was much easier thanks to the Missingno glitch. But now playing it legit it is far much harder than I thought.

I have now got to a full-stop. Leveling Pokemon has become tedious in comparison to the other generations. I guess they really wanted to keep the game like the original. I have tried leveling against pokemon in Berry Forest and Victory Road but it is too slow for my team.

So I need a better place/method to train. Does anyone know of a good place to train?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
There are 6 bikers on top of Route 17, west of Celadon City, that give a lot of EXP. Re-battling them over and over will surely speed up your training.

Years
I've got 2 questions about fire red,
1) Do the pokemon on the trainer tower at the seventh island change after you battle them too many times?
2) When gary gets legendary pokemon in his party as the champion?

Years
I've got 2 questions about fire red,
1) Do the pokemon on the trainer tower at the seventh island change after you battle them too many times?
2) When gary gets legendary pokemon in his party as the champion?
1. As far as I'm aware, the Pokemon that the trainers use in the Trainer Tower will always remain the same, with the only changes being their levels (which depends on the levels of your own Pokemon).

2. I'm guessing your asking when he gets them? If that's the case, Gary/your rival only changes his team once after he becomes the League Champion, but he never uses any legendary Pokemon in his party.

Bioniky11

Reanimator
Years
Way to get mystery gift events in 2014?

Hi, I'm playing through Leaf Green (physical cartridge) again, and I want to complete the game as fully as possible, is there any way to still get the mystery gift events still? Possibly a wonder spot transmission program for PC? Can anyone help with this?

Years
1. As far as I'm aware, the Pokemon that the trainers use in the Trainer Tower will always remain the same, with the only changes being their levels (which depends on the levels of your own Pokemon).

2. I'm guessing your asking when he gets them? If that's the case, Gary/your rival only changes his team once after he becomes the League Champion, but he never uses any legendary Pokemon in his party.

Okay, thanks a lot! ^_^ but i'm sure i saw someone battling gary with legendaries at the league.. well whatever.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
Ghost pokemon in Ruby

I'm on the road to facing my dad in the gym battle in petalburg.

Is there any place that I could hunt for ghost types without trading or making it to mount pyre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back