• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Advance Map can't import new tileset (DIB is invalid)

Years
  • I've been following this tutorial on Advance Map & Tile Editor Advance, but come across (multiple) problems. I get that the total amount of colors in a palette can't be greater than 16, and that there can be up to 13 palettes at any given moment. I can also load and save my palettes with (seemingly) no problem.

However, when I export my tiles as a .DIB file with Tile Editor Advance, and try to import it in Advance Map, I get the message "DIB is invalid". Does anyone know how to fix this? I've looked a bit into other ways to do this, but those seem really impractical.

I've got some experience with Advance Map (made a balancing hack in which I also edited some scripts / maps), but none with Tile Insertion.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Advance Map 1.92 exports tileset pictures in .dib format only. Use Advance Map 1.95 for this task since it supports .bmp pictures.

Back