• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Advanced Map 1.9.5 Text Glitch

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2019
    Okay so I'm extremely new to Pokémon hacking, yet everything was going smoothly until I encountered this problem.

Whenever I add an additional event, my text appears like this when I open my ROM, and it appears throughout the entire game, not just professor Birch's intro. If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If it helps I'm using A-Map 1.9.5 and Pokémon Emerald.

Attachments

• Advanced Map 1.9.5 Text Glitch
      Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 6.47.37 p.m..png
      12.6 KB · Views: 12

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Okay so I'm extremely new to Pokémon hacking, yet everything was going smoothly until I encountered this problem.

Whenever I add an additional event, my text appears like this when I open my ROM, and it appears throughout the entire game, not just professor Birch's intro. If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If it helps I'm using A-Map 1.9.5 and Pokémon Emerald.

I suggest using A-Map 1.9.2 because 1.9.5 is very buggy.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Thanks, I just started over with Fire Red because of too many difficulties with Emerald.
    It's not Emerald's fault. You obviously corrupted something, probably by using dynamic offsets incorrectly while compiling your scripts. Using 1.95 was probably icing on the cake, as it is known to corrupt ROMs with some of its functions. As long as you stick to 1.92, Emerald is a perfectly fine ROM to learn on.

Last edited:
    Back