• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AdvanceMap data structure .map

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    Does someone know the internet map structure of AdvanceMap?

I'm trying to parse it but I can't figure out how it works.

Is there an opensource version or something for AdvanceMap available, it barely works running it in Wine.

TL;DR; Need workable map data for leaf green.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • In short, you'll have problems with advanced map I Linux. AFAIK, there is no source code for it. There is another mapping program that runs on Linux called MEH. It's. Java so it should run. XSE AFAIK is open source, so you can check that out as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    In short, you'll have problems with advanced map I Linux. AFAIK, there is no source code for it. There is another mapping program that runs on Linux called MEH. It's. Java so it should run. XSE AFAIK is open source, so you can check that out as well.

It actually works fine running it in Wine. But it isn't necessarely wether Linux or not.

I will check out the one you mentioned, thanks!

Side question: Why is it that they only support Ruby and Fire Red? Is there a lot of difference between the games internally? I would love to rip the correct maps with all layers and data for emerald (Specifically the battle frontier).

EDIT: MEH seems to be really bugged. Doesn't show me any map at all and a lot of exceptions. CBA to fix it up as idk whats wrong with it so yeah. I'll try XSE.

Last edited:

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • There are a lot of differences in emerald. Every game has different offsets for everything, and emerald has so many features that it can be hard to find the offsets for everything/
    Seems to be quite the issue you're stuck in and unfortunately I have no further solution, so I do apologize for that.

Back