• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventures in Beklan (Version 2)

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Esthin glanced down at Cerberus as the talk strayed away from him. "Cerberus, go get me a cup of coffee from the refreshment table. Black. Whatever you do, do not puncture the cup." Cerberus whuffed an affirmative and sauntered over to the table, his head high and tail still whipping. It was obvious from his stance that he thought highly of the fact that master would trust him with his coffee, for it was a little known fact about Esthin that he truly enjoyed at least one cup of black coffee daily. His travels had hindered him from enjoying one today, but luckily that could be remedied. There was a pot simmering, so Cerberus grasped it with his tail, poured a Styrofoam cup full, and then wrapped his tail around the cup loosely. Carefully and steadily, he ferried it back to Esthin, who took it with a quiet, almost unnoticeable stroke between the horns. He took a long, slow sip, allowing the aroma to permeate his senses. Then he turned his attention to Shade and his Steelix.

"Thank you, Karen is a formidable trainer in herself. To be compared to her is an honor. I am certainly going to continue to run as strong a gym as possible. For what is the part of a gym if your goal is not to become stronger as time goes by? To change my training methods would be to contradict my station as leader."

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Ryu picks up the potion in the ground and walks towards the tree the growlithe vanished into. Huh, what this," Ryu said as he picked up a strange looking item. Maybe I should take it... Ryu put the item in his backpack. Growwww, the growlithe jumped at Ryu and sent out a Blaze of Embers which made Ryu move back to dodge them. Ryu then sends out his Volt. Volt use Shock. volt used shock on the growlithe causing it to become palayzed. Ryu then walks near it and see that was hurt by another pokemon in it's side. Ryu then looks around and tries to see what made the Growlithe angry and hostile. Ryu desides to help the growlithe out but needs it to get it into a pokecenter so he throws a pokeball at it, the pokeball sways back and forth... then it looks like it's about to be catched...

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Sorry I'm late.

"So... finally here, huh? Sweet." Riya strolled into Chetlin Town, his green headphones blasting a bass solo in his ears. Mic gave a cheerful yelp and darted ahead. Behind Riya, Taren padded along somberly, expression forcefully indifferent. Out of nowhere, Riya turned and scooped up the Electric type. Taren yelped and growled, beginning to squirm. Riya didn't budge. "Dude, ease up. If you're laggin' along worse than me, than that means I gotta carry you. I do it for Mic too so you ain't gettin' special treatment or anything."

"Now, let's go see that Professor... Regan or somethin'" He ran toward the large building. Inside his trainer's hold, Taren sighed. Could his trainer be any less serious?

The doors slid open at the touch on the carpeting, causing Riya to stumble and nearly fall backwards on his rear. "Whew, close! That woulda hurt!" His headphones slipped down to his ears, now playing a light piano. Mic licked his friend's leg in concern and turned to proceed to bark. Loudly.

"Quite a fierce friend you've got there," observed a man as he strode over to him.

"Yea, sometimes he's a little too feisty, ne Mic?" He reached down to stroke behind the Growlithe's ears. Mic let out a relaxed growl. Riya glanced up. "You're that professor right? Nice to meet ya. I'm Riya Sorendia."

"Glad to meet you Riya," he replied, shaking his hand."Please come this way." Riya nodded and put Taren back on the ground again. The three followed solemnly, Riya reluctantly turning off his music. "You already have your Pokemon I see."

"Mm," Riya grunted cheerily. "Mic was an Pokemon Mom gave me when I was little 'cause I liked climbing towers.Taren's a newbie, one of the litter that a wild one had. I had been nearby chillin' when a storm hit. Just helped out, ya know?"

Arthur nodded. "I know very well. Now then, all that remains are your Pokeballs and Pokedex." He gestured to the table. Riya looked it over, analyzing the Pokedex while one had took a few Pokeballs by reflex. Seeing a dark-blue Pokedex, he snatched it up and examined the high-tech device.

"S'not green, but I like. Cool." Turning to Professor Regan, he gave a friendly salute. "Thank ya kindly sir. Have a nice day." He turned to his Pokemon. "C'mon, we gotta start a'fore it gets dark." He bolted out the door. Mic let out a string of happy yips and hurried out. Taren sighed and followed, shaking his head.

Arthur Regan smiled. "Something tells me whatever destiny awaits that boy, he just will not care. That's an interesting way of doing things."

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Lilly made her way slowly towards route 401 she was ecstatic but sad all in the same moment. Here she was holding her first two pokemon in her hands and she couldn't even call to tell her parents how happy she was.

"Well I guess I can't wait around forever to introduce myself to my team" She said as she used a voice command to release the pokemon from there balls.

"Chik--Chik" A tiny green pokemon with a leaf on it's head yawned.

"Risu? Su?" A white and blue type squirrel pokemon question looking around confused.

"Awww there so cute! Pokedex please identify them for me" Lilly shouted excitidly to her pokedex.

"Chikorita: It uses the leaf on it's head to determine the tempurature and humidity" The pokedex read in a girly voice before conitnuning.

"Pachirisu: It's one of the kinds of pokemon with electric cheek pouches" It finished.

Lilly took a step towards her new pokemon crouching down and then reaching back into her bag pulling out some crackers.

"Come here guys i've got some food for you" She said as the Chikorita and Pachirisu slowly made there way over to her and began to nibble on the crackers.

"Rita!!"
"Pa Pa!" the two shouted happily as Lily began to pat them on the backs.

"Well I think we've had ourselves a good introduction how about we move on then! Pokeball's return them to there balls" Lily orders as the pokeballs shoot red beams out at Chikorita and Pachirisu causing them to return into there balls and clipped them onto her belt.

And with that Lily conitnued towards route 401, and when she got there she was a bit stunned to see that the hills in the distance were a bit snow covered.

"Well now that's just not right" she excalimed as she set her bag down and pulled out a pink fluffy jacket that she threw over top of her shirt. Finally she began her journey taking off towards the hill on the left side of the valley. After what seemed like a few hours of walking she had finally made it to the top of the hill and was looking upon two longer very steep hills. Also she noticed that the further she made it the harder it began to snow.

"Ok now this is just starting to get insane... Wait a minute didn't the pokedex say Chikorita could use the leaf on it's head to determine weather patterns? Maybe it can determine the source of this snow!" Lilly exclaimed as she released Chikorita from her pokeball and explained what she wanted her to do.

The leaf on Chikorita's head began to point in one direction, the two of them raced off towards it until the could barley see it was snowing so hard, what she did see were several snow covered trees and a very odd shaped tree that it seemed Chikorita was heading straight for.

"Chik!" She yelped as she ramed head first into the tree.

"Hey stop that your going to hurt yourself!" Lilly shouted until she noticed that the tree wasn't a tree at all it was a pokemon.

"Ver! Nover!" The pokemon roard as Lilly looked down at her pokedex.

"Pokedex identify!" Lilly shouted as the pokemon sprouted out of the ground and began running towards them.

"Snover: It lives on snowy mountains, having had little contact with humans, it is bodly inquisitive" the pokedex answered.

"Ok then looks like were going to have to fight it! Chikorita stand your ground and growl!" Lilly shouted as Chikorita stopped in her tracks and planted her four feet into the snow covered ground and began growling and the charging Snover who froze in place and the growls.

"Sno?" It said puzzled before putting an angry glare back on it's face. It then began to spread it's arms and more snow seemed to be emitting from from it.

"What is it doing?!?" Lilly questioned as she could barley see now.

"It's using the move Powder snow: It blasts the foe with a snowy gust and may cause frezzing". The pokedex answered.

"Oh for the love of neptune that's just dandy! Errr Chikorita step it up, charge at the Snover and use tackle!!" Lilly ordered as Chikorita began charging towards the snover before pushing off it's hind legs flying into the air and then landing forehead to forehead with the Snover causing them to both fall backwards. It also caused it to stop snowing for a moment.

"Rita!" She shouted getting back to her feet and staring down the Snover.

"Over!!" It roared as it lifted it's arms and began flinging leafs at Chikorita and Lilly.

"Ha a grass type move won't be that effective against Chikorita! Now's your chance charge in and use tackle again!" Lilly said putting a grin on her face as Chikorita began dodging the leafs getting closer and closer to the Snover before plummiting her body into the Snovers stomach causing it to fly ten feet backwards and fall unconcsious.

"Way to go Chikorita! Now pokeball go!" Lilly yelled as she tossed an ununsed pokeball at the Snover causing it to be gulped up in red flash, hoping it would capture the pokemon.

One thing she noticed though was that even though the Snover was inside the pokeball for the moment it was starting to snow again which meant that it wasn't the cause of the strange snowing... She began to think maybe it was just some strange natural occurence.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
Years
(OOC: Legendary Mistress has asked me to write for the next town.)

MagmaAqua has successfully caught a Lv 3 Male Growlithe.

Valeria City

This very small town is surrounded on hills to the east and west, with the famous Valeria Forest at the town's exit. There's not much here other then a Pokemon Center and a small Pokemart where you can get either Potions or Pokeballs. But, wait! There seems to be a red and black tent near the edge of the town. I wonder what that is doing there...?

Special Event

The tent on the edge of the town is actually a Battle Tent. Since this is the first one, the rules are very simple. You pick one of your Pokemon and battle one of the trainers that are taveling with the tent. You get a TM based on how well you battled. Naturally, the better the battle post, the better the TM. It doesn't even matter if you lose, so long as you make a really good post.

Years
Ryu takes his new Growlithe to the pokecenter in valeria city. The nurse heals his growlithe, who is now happy to feel better. Ryu leaves the Pokecenter and sees an odd looking tent...He decides to go to it and see's it's a battle tent, Ryu enters the competion. The first opponent sent out a Wailmer, and Ryu sends out his Volt. He commands volt to use his most powerfulist electric move. Pichu begins to glow bright yellow with electricity and tackles the opponet causing it to faint. Volt is tired and exhausted after using it's most powerfulist electric move. Ryu stares at it with disbelief...His little volt knows Volt Tackle. The next match came soon the opponent sends out a Elekid. The elekid is faster than volt and sends it flying. volt grunts as it tries to get up. His Volt then uses tackle. ryu commands his volt to use quick attack which sends the opponent flying out of the arena causing Ryu to win another battle. the last opponent came with a Pichu of his own. the opponent tells his pichu to use volt tackle... Sending pichu to get up... volt grunts and tries to get up after the massive hit but struggles...

Years
volt get up and uses thunder wave paralyzing the other pichu and then uses Volt tackle on it causing it to faint but volt risked fainting as well as his hp feel to 1 hp... Ryo grabs his volt and hugs it,after winning he get Tm 57:Charge beam and decides to use it right away on his volt, Now Volt's moves are Thunder wave, Volt tackle,and Charge Beam.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
late, iknow .

''There it is!''

The girl let out a sigh of relief and proceeded in running towards the town. The little Vulpix running by her side was surprised at her sudden dash, but managed to catch up with her again quickly. The two ran all the way uptil town entrance, at which the girl suddenly stopped... unfortunately causing the Vulpix to run into her.
''I told you we were going the right way!'' the girl nearly shouted. The Vulpix looked up at her in a daze at first, but then seemingly nodded and proceeded to run around the girl in a circle. At that, she picked the little Pokémon up. ''Yeah yeah, I know yer excited. You'd better not wear yourself out right away though, so I'ma have to carry ya for awhile. Can't have ya running around town wreaking havoc can I now?''
The Vulpix let out a soft yet disagreeing noise. ''I'm not gonna put ya down. You'll just have to bear with it.'' Again, the pokémon didn't seem to agree. The girl sighed, and pushed forward into the town.
The twosome walked up the hill, eventually reaching seemingly the largest building in town.
''Guess this is it, huh?'' The Vulpix struggled and eventually managed to jump out of the arms that were holding it. ''Ya better not wreak havoc in here either.'' the girl noted before letting herself and the Pokémon in.

''Geez, this place is bigger than I thought..'' she said, right before having to glare at her Vulpix for running around all the time. ''I'm telling ya, if ya break anything, don't expect any dinner!''
Her Fire-type eventually managed to drop some books from the big bookshelf at the other side of the room anyway. As the girl picked them up, she noticed a book with a black cover, showing a dark blue silhouette with red glowing stripes - so it seemed - all over it, as well as a pair of glaring eyes. ''Huh? Isn't that---''
''And who might you be?''
The girl flinched, almost dropping the book she was holding. Instead, she held on to it tight, now looking up instensely to the man calling out to her. ''What d'you care, old man?!''
The cerulean-haired man smiled at that. ''What a charming young lady.'' he uttered softly, walking up to her.
''Stay away from me, old man! Unless ya want me to make yer head even more black 'n blue!''
''Feisty, too. I presume you're one of the trainers coming to Beklan to set out on a journey? If so, you're quite late, though..''
''I'm---.. what d'ya mean I'm late?!''
The man-in-labcoat shrugged. ''Most of the trainers who were to come by here have long left... I can only imagine them having reached the next town by now.''
''What?!'' The girl lunged at the man and grabbed the top of his lab coat. ''Hand me over my Pokémon right now!''
With a near-elegant movement, the man made her let go of his coat, at which he abruptly turned around and headed upstairs. The girl, surprised at his strength, quickly picked up her companion Vulpix and ran after him. He led her to his lab. There was a broad variation of machines, probably to take measurements or calculate whatever scientific stuff they were supposed to calculate.
The cerulean-haired scientist walked over to his desk, ruffling through some papers. The young female looked around at that, noticing a few Pokéballs lying on some kind of small platform.
''Mind if I take one o'these?''
''Don't you dare. I have a Pokémon waiting for you already... Here you go.'' The man had grabbed a seemingly old-fashioned Pokéball and handed it to the girl.
''What now, I get the leftovers?'' she said as she took the ball.
''It's fine if you think of it like that, however, that is not the case. Go on, let it out.''
''If ya say so...'' the girl glared at the coated man for a second, before turning around and letting the Pokémon out.
''Squirtle.''
A rather large turtle Pokémon stood in front of her. She was rather perplexed, as she'd expected to get some kind of small starter. Well, it was a starter alright, she knew that much. But it couldn't be... could it?
''Can you see it?''
The girl glanced at the professor, but then resumed carefully examining the Squirtle in front of her. There was an odd pattern on the back of its shell. A pattern similar to the pattern she'd seen so many times before.. The one that'd appear on her shoulder when she went swimming in her hometown. She was amazed, just kept gaping at the pattern on the Squirtle's back.
''I presume you can indeed see it.''
The girl faced the professor again now, her expression had become a mixture of confusion and exitement. ''... What's that mean?!''
''Honestly? I have no idea. That is for you to find out, together with this Squirtle.'' He smiled.
She opened her mouth again, but couldn't think of a clever reply now.
''That's settled then. Now, to handle the formalities...'' The man walked to his desk again, this time taking some sort of odd-looking white pocket calculator, probably the new Pokédex model, and some Pokéballs. ''Here you go.''

After putting the Pokéballs in her pocket - and receiving directions on how to reach the next town - the girl left. The man in labcoat watched her as she ran off, now being tailed by two Pokémon rather than one.
''That old coot knows more than he let on...'' the girl sighed. ''We'll findout soon enough! right Kame?!''
''Squirtlee!''

Back