• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventures of a Poochyena

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Well, this is my first attempt at a comic, so go easy on me! ^_~

This comic takes place in the Hoenn Region, several years after the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald age took place. Team Rocket has joined up with Team Magma and Aqua, setting out to create powerful 'fusion Pokemon'. Their main plan is to capture and harness the energy of one of the most powerful Pokemon to walk the earth, whose name will be revealed later. A strange Poochyena, with certain mysterious powers, teams up with other Pokemon to try and stop the teams' evil plot (and possibly more plots...). So, read on to find out more!

Prologue- A New Beginning

Part One: The Forest
    Chapter One: Thrush
    Chapter Two: Smoke

Character Bios (will be updated as the comic progresses):

Thrush, the Poochyena/Pidgey hybrid
    Name: Thrush
    Age/Level: Lv.15
    Personality: Quiet, nice, powerful, huge ego
    Other: Thrush is genetically enhanced with Pidgey DNA, along with another mysterious Pokemon's DNA... he loves Pecha berries.

Well, I hope it's good... more will be posted later!

Note: I will mostly update on weekends, on weekdays if possible. On vacations (such as summer vacation) I can update any time I'm on.

~ML

Last edited:

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
  • Really nice! I understand clearly whats going on here. No words spelled wrong, and the sprites are a work of art. Hope to see more!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Aw, thanks Barboach! *hugs* I'll probably update this comic MOSTLY on weekends, and they don't take very long to make, so... I'll work on Chappy 2 right now! *works*

~ML

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
  • Some people are born with the talent to create new and interesting comics, which is what you have. But their is a question that has been bugging me. Is this your first comic?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, I've never really gotten into making comics until now, so it may be a bit sketchy and stuff at first... anyways, here's some sprites of Thrush!
    Clicky here!

~ML

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
  • I love the way you used the normal poochyena as a base, and slightly changed the eyes and the positions from scratch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Actually, to make Thrush, I took the normal emerald Poochyena, copied over the outline, and did the shading, expressions, other poses, etc. from scratch. Except the wings and colors, of course. But thanks! I hope that more people like this comic, seeing as it's my first... And I accept all crits, because critisizm helps me get better! And if anyone has ideas for this comic, feel free to PM me!

~ML

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Very, Very Crisp! I like what Im seeing. Many Different Poses for each charchter, its not Generic and looks Interesting. No Spelling Mistakes also.

Too early to rate, but Im finding this Good so far.

Solemnity

Lass Solemnity
    Years
  • This comic could have a lot of potential but to me the story is just unoriginal, boring and needs much work. Comics with pokemon that talk dont usually work out. (TRUST ME)

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • Well its obvious that I would have found this thread sometimes isn't it?
    Oh the pictures are so adorable!
    There are good pictures, along with the good spelling it can make a great comic...
    I hope that you will make some more comics up and I hope the story line can keep moving on...
    Best of luck!

~Mighty_Mightyena99 :t262:

Frostfur

thunderclan queen
    Years
  • i dunno why but for some reas'n, i think the Beedril/Charizard is cute!! i really just love it. well no spelling errors or nothin. keep it up.

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • This... is... great!

No spelling erors

No wrong Grammer

And puchyena cut is!

(He he. I violated so many spelling/grammar rules...)

Oh well.

Anyway, your story says thet Thrush teams up with other mutant pokemon. Will you take suggestions for characters? 'Cause it would be cool if Thrush's teamate was a male Golduck/Marowack/Smeargle...

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Well, I have plans for a Zigzagoon/Rhyhorn... but suggestions are welcome! ^_^

The next comic will be here by tomorrow night.

~ML

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Oh No! It sounds like the ledgendary Bambi All over again!

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I've seen something like this before on Serebii. Except it was a Vulpix and the cave was on fire. It's true that it's well put together but, I have seen something like it before.

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • *Bashes Solemnity over the head*
    Dude, stop saying that every comic is a snorefest or is "Unoriginal."

Anyway, ooohhhh! Zigzorn! Or Rhyhagoon! Yay!

So far, I LURVE the comic! Keep on going! You have greatness within you[/Jedi Talk]

Back