• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Advice Please!

Save for Heart Gold or get Platinum?

• Pay for Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
  • Alright, so I didn't find out until quite recently but...

THE GAMES ARE COMING OUT IN MARCH!!!!

Now I don't have a Nintendo DS like I'm sure most of you do. I've been saving and if I continue saving the way I am, I should be able to afford Heart Gold by the end of April.

This is a big deal for me because I hardly ever get money, but now I've been getting an allowance.

I do have a question though...

My guess is that most of you have a DS. Now in your personal opinion should I;

Wait for Heart Gold, or go with Platinum?

I've never had a DS so it would be cool to get Platinum, but generation II is my favorite.

What do you guys think?

You can vote above in a poll or write down here telling me why one or the other.

Thank you again, with all regards - ChrisTom

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • It is really all up to you; but I'd say HeartGold is kind of a better game. I don't know what matters about my vote, but I'd put it to these remakes, they're truly great!

Now, Platinum is a great game too, we can all (or almost all) agree to that. But in my opinion, HGSS is better.

But then again, all up to you.

If ya can't wait: Go for Platinum. But I think waiting for HGSS would be worth it!

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Wait for HeartGold. It's a lot better than Platinum. But if you don't have D/P, consider getting both. Sinnoh is too good to miss.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's really down to personal opinion.. some people perfer Platinum over HGSS (although note that HG/SS has only been out in Japanese thus far...).

But I don't see any real different discussion about to come through in this thread really - what you'd end up liking is down to your personal perference. I'd say though that if you liked gen 2, you might as well go for HG/SS. (And if later you can pick up Platinum for cheap after HG/SS so much the better).

Going to close then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back