• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2012
    Hey felllow PC users, I'm looking for some advice, see, I love watching walthroughs on Pokemon such as Lueroi, Super Skarmory and Munching Orange etc. and I really aspire to make a youtube channel and upload some walkthroughs of my own. Thing is, I'm incredibley self-concious of my voice, I don't know why, and I think that a walkthrough without commentary would just be BAD. :\ So I need your advice guys, should I just make a walkthrough and go for it? Thanks if your reading this.
    Peace. :)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hey fellow user, unfortunately, PC got rid of their general advice thread because I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY, and it's a bit silly, because a community is here for support.. so they might be closing or even deleting this thread before you have a chance to respond..
    But SCREW THE RULES I HAVE GREEN HAIR (I actually do) AND I'M GOING TO JUST COME OUT and just say it.. that you shouldn't let low confidence hold you back! If you love walkthroughs, you should TOTALLY post them. Worst case you get some dislikes and dumb comments you can disable anyways. I'm sure you'd be helping people and they'd be grateful, and I'm sure you sound fine! Don't be afraid!!!

You never know unless you try.. you might be great at it and many people might love it! And you shouldn't let your doubts hold you back!
    If you're afraid, post it as a link that only some people can see, and show around to some friends here to see if they approve. Be wary, though.. some people may just be mean and will give you negative feedback- there'll always be a sore loser in a crowd of fans. Keep strong and carry on!!!

Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2012
    Thanks Kura, that really means a lot and you really helped me out. :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I was the same way when I first started, but I got used to it before too long. Plus, I realized a few tricks to getting things to sound better. First of all, a quality mic will make a huge difference, so definitely get one if you can, but if you can't afford it, it's okay. Either way, you'll need to get in the habit of speaking really loudly, and sitting away from your mic, to get things sounding the best. You'll have to figure out the proper volume and distance for your voice/microphone, but once you've got it down it'll become fairly natural. Just never ever ever ever ever speak softly right next to the microphone.

Kura's right as well, but I wanted to give some specific advice on the recording aspect.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2012
    I'll be sure to get one, thank you for your help bro, much appreciated. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back