• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aeyra's Awesome Art :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Look, alliteration! :D XD I'm Aeyra, and I do digital art, and currently, I'm in the Pokemon fandom. :X Mainly PokeSpe, and a Nuzlocke comic. Without any further ado, here we go! (newest things first, oldest things last. :P)
    Mah Nuzlocke-
    Spoiler:

Beware of the Dark:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Cosplay:
    Spoiler:

Shade:
    Spoiler:

In Your Arms:
    Spoiler:

In the Rain:
    Spoiler:

I'll Protect You:
    Spoiler:

Green:
    Spoiler:

Chaos and Laela (non-Poke related):
    Spoiler:

BurningLeaf Picnic:
    Spoiler:

Wild Beauty:
    Spoiler:

Please give me some feedback and critique! ^^ Requests are open (but I'm slow). My dA account: iluvshadowclaw.deviantart.com

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not able to see them either. 3: Judging by the code, it seems like you're trying to put a deviantART link into an img tag, which won't work. Try uploading them to Photobucket/Tinypic/another image site or simply paste the links to your dA images in the first post. ^_^

Looking forward to seeing and commenting on your art ~

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    I fixed it. I was using the wrong links... Stupid me. :/ I usually don't do that... Well, brain farts happen way too often for me anyways. XD Please look now. (I look like a prick for naming my topic awesome and then having the pictures being broken now, don't I? XD)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Your art has very cute mood and a really nice lightheartedness about it! As for critique, I can see major structure and proportion errors, so just keep working on those and keep working on drawing full-body poses with feet -planted- on the ground, and once you overcome that hurdle, you'll see that you'll start to understand weight and balance and things will start coming together a bit more. If you want particular critique with a piece, feel free to drop one of these over in the drawover/paintover thread that's stickied and I can be sure to help you out!

Years
  • You have a neat style! The colors you used for the picnic image especially are very soft and pleasing for my eyes. :3 Although I'm no human art expert as I lean more towards animals, I'll make some suggestions to hopefully help you out for whatever you plan on drawing next~

I'd really recommend working on your body structures a little more; in most of your images, the anatomy of the arms could use some fixing on top of other things (especially the male's arms in "I'll Protect You"). In the picnic picture, for example, Red's arms seem to lack defined elbow/muscles so they look like they're "hanging flatly" for a lack of better term. I really like looking at this particular student's class assignment to get a better feel on how to draw arms expressively. There's also this tutorial that's another awesome resource for drawing (cartoon-styled) humans, though the explanations are helpful for just about any type of human art, be it realism or anime!

The Charizard's arm in the Green picture is also a tiny bit off, though I still think this piece looks great! =D You can see in the official Charizard image that his arms are not perfectly straight but bent at the elbow. It looks to me like you included his elbow but pushed it a little too far back.

Additionally, I feel like you could work on your shading some more. ^_^ There doesn't seem to be a defined light source in most of your work, though anatomy is probably a big contributing factor to that. You really should try your best to learn anatomy before you try and get a proper grasp of shading/highlighting.

Looking forward to seeing more!! :3 And like Kura said, feel free to drop off your art in the Drawover-Paintover thread for more in-depth assistance!

Back