• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ahh! Spoilers!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ooh nice thread.

I sort of... have no choice, really. I need to look up what people say to make sure it's correct, for example, check Serebii/PokeBeach/PokeJungle and make sure it's from a reliable source. Otherwise, I'm a person who checks spoilers anyway, so yeah.

plus I want to know more than Jake...lol impossible

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Spoilers

Ugh, I regret looking but it is so hard not to. But, it is easier to know more about the games. Especially now that the games are more then just a few different Pokémon apart.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    Ugh! You beat me to making this thread!

I plan on spoiling all the pokemon through Bulbapedia and Updates, but not the plots or anything like that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't mind reading into B/W's spoilers. They're a way to let me know what to expect when the games come out.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Hmm, I don't know! I'll be getting the Japanese versions when they're released, but I could get them from anywhere between the 18th and 24th, probably. The later I get it, the more Pokemon will be revealed! I wanted to wait to see them all once I got the game, but I don't know if I'll be able to! xD

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    i guess learining about pokemon b/w isnt that bad...
    its actually better than regularly checking places
    i also want to kno as much of the story as possible :)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    i guess learining about pokemon b/w isnt that bad...
    its actually better than regularly checking places
    i also want to kno as much of the story as possible :)
    You wanna know as much as possible about the story ?! But wouldnt that make it too easy for when you play the game? ... maybe not.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i really hope this storyline is worth not spoilin, from the look of the teaser trailers, im goin bonkers wantin to know, but im gonna wait til i can import the japanese version,or get the english version :)

the 5th Gen Dex, im sure someone has already said will be out within the first month B&W are released :D

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    i really hope this storyline is worth not spoilin, from the look of the teaser trailers, im goin bonkers wantin to know, but im gonna wait til i can import the japanese version,or get the english version :)

the 5th Gen Dex, im sure someone has already said will be out within the first month B&W are released :D
    Yeah the storyline looks amazing and im not gonna spoil it. And the 5th gen dex will probably be out the first week.

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
    Personally I am just interested in the new Pokemon otherwise I would like to be pleasantly surprised with the rest of the game.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I try (and fail sometimes) not to spoil myself about the Pokemon - other than the starters. So no, I don't even know what Zekrom and Reshiram look like, just that one is white, one is black, and they have rocket tails.
    So I might feel outdated and surprised when I see Pokemon I have never seen before...

Other than that, I am fine with features, recurring NPCs, and all that. I'm worried I might not know where to go XD;;;

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
    The games just look so awesome! I can't keep anything away from me! Spoilers always get to me haha. I just watch everything, but I might sit tight for a little and avoid learning about ALL of the Pokemon. But I like to know what team I'll be using and stuff :D
    Oh and the games come out slightly more than half a year where I live ... We get Pokemon games around one month after the US. So I think I will import the Japanese verison, and get the English one when it comes out!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Thinking back to HG/SS's release, I… actually got bored, heard the news that the ROM was out (and couldn't wait for my actual game to ship) and completed a lot of it before my copy actually came. That seriously took the fun out of it. That was the biggest spoiler to everything.

This time I'm not even sure I want to sit tight and wait, and all those videos are simply driving my melancholy in waiting for the game upwards and over. (The good news? Two weeks of waiting to go!) But in the interests of playing my copy of Pokémon Black to the fullest, I'd best refrain from bothering with the ROM this time. Haha.
    Yeah, no ROM for me this time. I played HGSS up to Ecruteak on the computer, and it made that part of the game pretty boring. It was nice seeing the English, but I'd already done it all before. I figure that between what Serebii puts up, the story elements described on TvTropes, and what I pick up here and elsewhere, I can be sufficiently informed about what the heck is going on and not have to play the game myself. That's really what ruined it, more than any secret legendary.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    I cannot stop myself. I check EVERY DAY for updates about the games.
    However, I don't plan on downloading a ROM, mainly because I cannot read Japanese.
    So while I'll probably know everything about the game shortly after it comes out, I will be waiting for the American version.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i will keep upto date until it gets released because i only want to see whats actually advertized, rather than everything that somebody has played. i will order it as soon as it comes out but it will take a few days until it arrives.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I dont mind spoiling it for myself personally. I want to know of all the new pokemans now!!!!

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    I don't really see a reason why not to spoil the plot a bit for myself. It's not like the plots in Pokemon games are mind boggling or ground breaking, so, eh, why not? I'll probably spoil a little bit of the Pokemon sprites, but keep most of them a surprise for when I actually have the game in my DS and I'm playing it.

Back