• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ahh! Spoilers!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • I've always held the belief that the word "spoilers" only pertained to details of a game's (or movie's) plotline, and that reading up on all the characters involved isn't technically a spoiler. In the case of a new Pokemon game, this means that knowing the identity of all the new pokemon and gym leaders isn't a spoiler so much as just reading up on all the major characters in the game, mirite?

I plan to stay spoiler-free no question, but that doesn't mean I'll avoid pokemon forums because I'm scared of having a pokemon spoiled for me. I just have to avoid parts of PC where the various plot elements will be discussed, namely here. XD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't care for spoilers. The game is still fun to play even if I know what's going to happen and knowing the Pokemon Before hand gives me a slight edge in the game, though I'm still going to go crazy and catch roughly everything in sight like I did with all the other versions to learn how to play each Pokemon.

I also kinda have to so I can update the Pokemon Role Play Sites I run.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • I use internet every day, and altough I want to keep the game fresh as possible for when I get it, thats not going to happen, so I may as well soak up every spoiler I can...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I can care less about the story right now, but I remember when Serebii covered the 4th Gen games when they first came out in 2006, the starter evolutions were leaked first, and within five days, the entire Sinnoh Pokedex was leaked, though all the screens of the Pokemon were quite blurry until the sprites were ripped a week later.....

In February 2007, the english names for the 4th gen Pokemon were leaked onto Bulbapedia by an unknown user, a week before Serebii or any other fansite could could announce them, ALL 108 OF THEM!!!!!

I will be expecting the same for B/W, the starter evolutions will be the first to be leaked, most likely a few days before the games are out, as Serebii started his HG/SS coverage 3 days before the games were even released, the ROMS were dumped the very next day, then the day after that, the games were released. So it is likely that Serebii will begin the coverage on B/W around the time the next CoroCoro comes out, which is next Sunday, not this Sunday, next Sunday.....

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I can care less about the story right now, but I remember when Serebii covered the 4th Gen games when they first came out in 2006, the starter evolutions were leaked first, and within five days, the entire Sinnoh Pokedex was leaked, though all the screens of the Pokemon were quite blurry until the sprites were ripped a week later.....

In February 2007, the english names for the 4th gen Pokemon were leaked onto Bulbapedia by an unknown user, a week before Serebii or any other fansite could could announce them, ALL 108 OF THEM!!!!!

I will be expecting the same for B/W, the starter evolutions will be the first to be leaked, most likely a few days before the games are out, as Serebii started his HG/SS coverage 3 days before the games were even released, the ROMS were dumped the very next day, then the day after that, the games were released. So it is likely that Serebii will begin the coverage on B/W around the time the next CoroCoro comes out, which is next Sunday, not this Sunday, next Sunday.....
    Wow that is really fast, but then again serebii forum has alot of members to help him out.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • I (somehow) managed to keep myself from reading up on Diamond / Pearl till the games released in 2007.

I am not going to do the same thing this time round, cause I'll be playing the game, possibly for many months.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I will probably check Serebii for updates, I get far to impatient and always read spoilers. >.>

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I want to stay spoiler free, but I've already spoiled myself with the new Pokemon, there's no stopping me now. xD

I mostly just want to learn about the new Pokemon and Gym leaders so I can start planning my strategies~
    Oh yeah good idea. But how will you know how to put a strategy, if you dont know any of the pokemon?

Katja

Years
  • Well i have thought about staying spoiler free, but that just isnt gonna happen.I will be buying the japanese game, so it might be so early so all the new pokemon might not be revealed. You never no.

I'm glad someone else is getting the Japanese game :3

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The only thing I'm going to look up is Pseudo-Legends, and 4th E4's Pokemon.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • i hope this game has a good plot because some of the other games were kind of weird.
    i like how there was a picture of team plasma with a fossil.
    i believe theyll revive it then use it to cause havoc then i think something might happen similar to the distortion world in platinum.

Last edited:
    Back